Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
No Wake in any coves at LOTO!!! >

No Wake in any coves at LOTO!!!

Notices

No Wake in any coves at LOTO!!!

Old 02-03-2004, 11:26 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So far from my informal talks with people it's about 50-50 in favor of it with quite a few of the locals not even knowing about it.

As usual the comments I get are "yea I support it because I have this one guy in my cove that...."

So as you see, it is usually the minority that ruins it for the masses.
Old 02-03-2004, 12:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it's a boaters responcibilty to watch there own wake. The crusiers are the main problem by me. They always go the wrong speed. Throwing huge wake, slow down or speed up. As for the lake lice, I have 2 and the rules are when your riding them, stay away from everything and everybody. If not your off my Jet ski.
Old 02-03-2004, 09:43 PM
Awesome35

the worst in my cove are the big bowriders pulling little kids in inner tubes & skis.Then there is "this one guy" LOL! No joke, the next to worstis a fellow Cigarette owner at the back of my cove,go figure.
Just imagine if the other coves owners approve the no wake & the cove you live in doesn't, guess where all of the jerks are gonna come? Thats you house!Yikes!

Old 02-03-2004, 11:40 PM
Registered

notice this seems to be tied to an increase in taxes for the water patrol, no wonder they are in favor of it.
Old 02-04-2004, 11:29 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Man, I've pissed them off now!!!

I SENT THIS TO THE MISSOURI WATER PATROL!

>>> "aharrington1" <[email protected]> 02/02/04 01:13PM >>>
I have heard that soon there will be a vote on weather to restrict all coves at Lake of the Ozarks to No Wake for boat's 26ft and over. I do not believe that is a good rule. By categorizing all boats over 26ft is unfair. If the Rule included a tonnage or weight class that would make more cense. I under stand that it would be hard to enforce, however if the operator of a boat doesn't know what the dry weight of his vessel then he or she shouldn't be driving the boat in the first place!! It's my opinion that Boat's with a weight of over 15,000 lbs. are the ones that are to blame for the size of the wakes at the Lake of the Ozarks. Please take this into consideration when ruling on the new No Wake zones!!

Thank you for reading my letter,

Brad Harrington

Avid boater at the Lake of the Ozarks for over 15years!

[email protected]

15520 Pebble Dr.

Basehor, KS. 6607

THEN THEY SAID

That's not true. There is a bill that would allow each cove that falls into the language to vote on their own cove.

Paul E. Kennedy
Director, Public Information & Safety Education Missouri State Water Patrol
2401 E. McCarty Street
P.O. Box 1368
Jefferson City, MO 65102-1368
(573) 751-3333 Phone
(573) 522-1287 Fax
[email protected] (new address) Don't Get Caught Dead Without Your Life Jacket www.mswp.dps.mo.gov

THEN I POSTED
>>> "aharrington1" <[email protected]> 02/02/04 04:07PM >>>
I thought the original content of the bill stated something to the effect of "coves with an opening of under 400ft in width" and that the bill was changed at the last minute to be phrased "all coves". I also understood that the cove would have to have over 75% of the property owners consent for approval.
Is this correct???

THEN THEY SAID

We support making coves on Lake of the Ozarks no wake-idle speed for boats 26' in length and longer if 75% or more of a coves residents sign a petition requesting such designation along with a buoy application.
Reasons we support:
a. It would make coves safer for people in the water, on docks and those operating smaller boats.
b. It would enable small boat owners to once again use these areas for skiing and cruising without fear of being swamped by large wakes.
c. Coves would only be restricted on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and holidays during the peak boating season.
d. We believe it would return the lake to a more family oriented boating environment for owners and operators of all sizes of boats.
e. It would have a positive environmental impact by reducing shoreline erosion.
f. It would reduce the amount of dock, breakwater, seawall and boatlift damage caused by large wakes and apply only to coves.
g. It would not apply to some of the largest off channel areas that are classified as creeks.
h. All applications will still require an investigation and recommendation for approval or disapproval by the MSWP Buoy Committee.

Paul E. Kennedy
Director, Public Information & Safety Education Missouri State Water Patrol
2401 E. McCarty Street
P.O. Box 1368
Jefferson City, MO 65102-1368
(573) 751-3333 Phone
(573) 522-1287 Fax
[email protected] (new address) Don't Get Caught Dead Without Your Life Jacket www.mswp.dps.mo.gov

Last edited by FunHome; 02-04-2004 at 11:36 AM.
Old 02-04-2004, 11:30 AM
Registered

Default I know I shouldn't have, but I then sent them this reply.....

When you don't even touch on the subject of weight like I mentioned in my first e-mail, it makes me want to buy the heaviest 26ft Cruiser I can find and "PLOW" down every cove I can!!!

Thanks for the typical response that I should have expected!!!

Brad Harrington
15520 Pebble Dr.
Basehor Ks. 66007
913-422-4074 work
913-724-3355 home
Old 02-04-2004, 11:35 AM
Registered

At the end of his e-mail there is a "Siginuture" that says "Don't get caught dead without you lifejacket"

Being a Funeral Director I wanted to include
at the end of my e-mail
"Don't get caught DEAD. PERIOD!"
Brad Harrington Funeral Director
Harrington Funeral Home

But I didn't! I thought I was already Rude enough!
Old 02-04-2004, 12:15 PM
Registered

I say we get a couple of us to go together and buy this just to PLOW anywhere we want at LOTO!!!

1978 Trojan Flybridge 26ft!!!!
Old 02-04-2004, 12:15 PM
Registered

Feeling a little fiesty today Brad? Were you denied last night? If so, at least you know how to direct your frustration in a productive manner
Old 02-04-2004, 12:17 PM
Registered

Well actually I was!!!

But I have been sending e-mail back and forth with them for a couple of days!!

Quick Reply: No Wake in any coves at LOTO!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.