I want to be a Weatherman!! >

I want to be a Weatherman!!

Notices

I want to be a Weatherman!!

Old 01-28-2004, 04:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry I want to be a Weatherman!!

Greatest job in the world. Even when your 100% wrong you don't get fired. Here is the forecast as of 11pm last night.

First Alert 7 Day Forecast

Click to view live images

OVERNIGHT:Snow arriving in the Boston area near or just after midnight and becoming heavier in the early morning hours. We expect about 1-3" in Boston by 8am and 3-6" as you move south toward the Cape. Lows upper teens to near 20 north and west of Boston to 23 in the city to 25 on Cape Cod. A northeast to northerly wind at 5-15mph except increasing to 15-25mph. over southeastern Massachusetts especially Cape Cod.

WEDNESDAY: Snowiest just prior to daybreak. The snow's intensity will decrease during the morning commute with occasional to intermittent light snow or flurries thereafter into the afternoon. Total potential accumulations should be 3" up to 6" about 10 miles south of the Mass Pike to Cape Cod. I expect near 2-4" along the Mass Pike into Boston with lower amounts northward to 2" near the New Hampshire border ranging down to an inch or less in the Lakes Region and little or none north to most of the mountains. A north-northeast to northwesterly wind at 5-15mph except possibly up to 15-25mph over Cape Cod.

Now, I understand that predicting the weather is very difficult and they are going to make mistakes. That being said, WHAT THE F#@K!!!! This forecast was at 11 o'clock last night, 6 hours ago and it is still not snowing. This was down graded from 6pm when they were calling for 6-12".I am so sick and tired of these guys. Do they not understand that there are people out here that depend on the weather for their income. I spent yesterday afternoon putting plows on , fueling up the trucks , loading up snow blowers , etc etc. Then called everyone in to pick up the trucks. When I do this the guys get paid for their time and being on call. So not only did I not make any money, it cost me about $500. How can you f#$k up a forecast that bad when you give it an hour before its supposed to start snowing? And i'm so sick of stations hyping up every god damn storm like its the end of the world. I mean if you were from out of town and listened to the news you would think the world was going to end. Why do they do this? Ratings, ratings , ratings. Don't hype something up so much when you know it really isn't going to be that bad just for ratings. That is complete bulls#$t. We live in New England for christs sakes, ITS GOING TO SNOW A$$HOLES!!!!.

Sorry , I had to vent.
Old 01-28-2004, 05:12 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

it's 27 here take it back up there . if i wanted cold weather i'd move up north
Old 01-29-2004, 02:01 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As of yesterday the forecast was suppose to be warm and sunny high of 30 for wednesday and thursday high of 39 and friday high of 33. Changed to high of 20 wednesday, high of 15 thursday, and high of 25 friday. This happens all the time here in central Illinois.