Like Tree0Likes

Sea Doo Sportster...

Reply
Old 02-01-2004, 05:23 PM
  #1
WES311SR1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Sea Doo Sportster...

Planning on buying one with the 4tec engine for 6yr old son and my self to play,ski and blast around with. Anyone own and have any insight on one?
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 06:06 PM
  #2
packinair
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

buy a speedster with the twins, not much more $$ and I think you will be much happier
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 08:17 PM
  #3
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 4,215
Default

I reccently bought the 97 Speedster with twins, I love the boat, its gas and go

I spent 3 weeks beating the sh!t out of it in the Ocean and not the first stress crack I would post a pic, but I havent renewed my membership yet
THRILLSEEKER is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 08:19 PM
  #4
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 4,215
Default

try this site.



http://www.jetboating.net/jetboating...rumid=1&page=1
THRILLSEEKER is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 08:58 PM
  #5
Registered
 
Madcow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Toledo Oh
My Boats: Cigarette Top Gun, Scarab Center Console
Posts: 1,915
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by THRILLSEEKER
I reccently bought the 97 Speedster with twins, I love the boat, its gas and go

I spent 3 weeks beating the sh!t out of it in the Ocean and not the first stress crack I would post a pic, but I havent renewed my membership yet
I have a 97 with twin 110s. ALWAYS beat on it, and it always comes back for more. I wish evey boat I've ever had was this reliable.
Madcow is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 11:46 AM
  #6
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 4,215
Default

Madcow, was yours a custom rigging or something, I was told from a Seadoo dealer that it was physically impossible to put 110's in a 97 hull you can buy a pair of rebuilt 110's for $1600 a pair....the 85's are only a hundred bucks less per side. Thats 50 extra hp. for 200 bucks

what kind of speed are you seeing with the 110's?
THRILLSEEKER is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 12:02 PM
  #7
Registered
 
SS930's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: At the office.
My Boats: 1990 Donzi Sweet 16
Posts: 6,684
Default

I have a Yamaha jetboat. I use it for everything, so nice to pull that you can't even tell it's behind the truck. You may want to give the Yamaha's a look. I went with the XR1800 (discontinued model) because it has a **** load of power (twin 155 hp) and a covered bow. I've had it in some VERY nasty water and I can say with a fair amount of confidence, if it weren't for the covered bow I'd likely be a dead. Then again, your average Joe is smart enough not to take these boats in those conditions. These things are tons of fun, but the lack of dead-rise makes then tough on the spine so be prepared.
SS930 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 12:21 PM
  #8
Registered
Trade Score: (1)
 
rchevelle71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Boca Raton
My Boats: 1982 Pantera 24sport
Posts: 7,392
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by SS930
I have a Yamaha jetboat. I use it for everything, so nice to pull that you can't even tell it's behind the truck. You may want to give the Yamaha's a look. I went with the XR1800 (discontinued model) because it has a **** load of power (twin 155 hp) and a covered bow. I've had it in some VERY nasty water and I can say with a fair amount of confidence, if it weren't for the covered bow I'd likely be a dead. Then again, your average Joe is smart enough not to take these boats in those conditions. These things are tons of fun, but the lack of dead-rise makes then tough on the spine so be prepared.
The New Yamaha 2300, has a 21 deg. deadrise compared to the 18 deg. or less found in most other models.
rchevelle71 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 12:27 PM
  #9
Registered
 
SS930's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: At the office.
My Boats: 1990 Donzi Sweet 16
Posts: 6,684
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by rchevelle71
The New Yamaha 2300, has a 21 deg. deadrise compared to the 18 deg. or less found in most other models.
I've been on one. It is way bigger in every way. Too big in my opinion... almost like a real boat. Between the size, weight, and deadrise it's much smoother; but not like a 24' Superboat/Pantera.
SS930 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 12:38 PM
  #10
Registered
Trade Score: (1)
 
rchevelle71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Boca Raton
My Boats: 1982 Pantera 24sport
Posts: 7,392
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by SS930
I've been on one. It is way bigger in every way. Too big in my opinion... almost like a real boat. Between the size, weight, and deadrise it's much smoother; but not like a 24' Superboat/Pantera.
I know, Decisions, I want a 24 Pantera, but that is not going to happen anytime soon, unless I buy an old beat up one. I am considering the 2300, then just bumming rides on friends real boats, but I think I will just hold out for the Pantera!!! Just love the thought of a brand new 23 foot boat with twins, for under $30,000, then finance it with low interest right now, payments close to nothing!!! Problem is, I still have a 23 foot boat that doesnt handle the rough too well, only gain over current boat is its new.
rchevelle71 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
wrinkleface
General Boating Discussion
29
04-17-2008 02:39 PM
legacy
General Boating Discussion
14
04-16-2008 11:09 PM
mjpcowboy
General Boating Discussion
1
11-15-2006 05:36 PM
Gary Anderson
General Q & A
2
06-08-2005 12:27 PM
Ike
General Boating Discussion
36
01-10-2003 06:48 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:20 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.