Notices

Intercoms

Old 02-07-2004, 09:51 AM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

How do the throat mikes attach? Are they voice activated or push to talk?
Old 02-07-2004, 10:08 AM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

The throat mic's have a elastic band that go around your neck. I used one last weekend at Derebery Performance and was amazed. There is no external noise at all, no wind, just clear voices. Very nice system.
Old 02-07-2004, 10:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cord,
Thanks, and no need to go on record with anything. Our Motto "We listen - We learn - We fix"

Without a feedback loop, no products or services would ever improve.

Now let's see about getting one of our new 2 man throat mic systems in that cat of yours. Just think of all of the positives:

1) It will save you a bunch of gas money (No need for all of those trips to Radio Shack)
2) You won't burn down your garage from the soldering iron being left on.
3) You can spend all of that "would be" R&D time watching American Idol with your sweetie. Wait a minute, Forget number 3
4) You can spend all of that "Would be" R&D time working on the boat to make it go faster.

Todd
Revolution Marine Inc.
Old 02-07-2004, 10:54 AM
Registered

Padraig,
They can be adjusted to be voice activated, but we recommend that they be left in the always live position. That works great because there is no external noise to listen to when nobody is talking.

For those that have never used an intercom system you would be amazed at how much conversation takes place once you install one. When we run poker runs there is constant talking to the driver about where people are in relation to us, allowing the driver to concentrate on looking forward driving the boat. That may not sound like much but most of the poker runs we attend have from 80 -120 boats doing a grand prix start from a pace boat and it can get dicey.

MnFastBoat also has a great question on the boat to boat communication. Our system comes standard with a marine radio receive interface that just plugs into your external speaker jack and you can listen to clear radio reception (and your stereo for that matter) in your headsets. Add the optional 2-way communication, like RMPRam has on his Cig, and you can also transmitt by just pushing a button mounted to the steering wheel or elsewhere. Your throat mic acts as the marine radio mic so the transmission is clear and wind free with no need to duck below the windshield for fairing.

Visit www.revolutionmarine.com if you're interested in more info. We are adding new info daily and will have a bunch of new systems posted in the next few days.

Todd Wondrow
Revolution Marine Inc.
Old 02-07-2004, 01:48 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Todd, I love you man! lol. I was actually toying with putting one on the snowmobile. The problem is that the control box would get all snow covered and would proably corrode. Hmmm....

Are your two place systems expandable?
Old 02-07-2004, 02:13 PM
Registered

All I can say is that we experienced our first ride with an intercom on Joey Skrocki's old AT, and my wife has informed me that the next boat *will* have such a system, period. Sounds like I'll be giving Revolution a call when the time comes...
Old 02-08-2004, 09:27 PM
Registered

Cord,
The harness with the 2 man system is not expandable, but the harness can be replaced and all of the other components can be used. Our 4 man systems are all upgradable to 6 man without replacing the harness.

2 man throat mic system complete and ready to install is $1049, while the 4 man system is introductory priced at $1650 and will eventually sell for $1699.

On the snowmobile deal, I don't think anyone would want to hear what I have to say when I'm blasting the MXZ across the washboard. Maybe we could design a foul language filter for that? I'll get working on that!

Thanks,
Todd Wondrow
Revolution Marine Inc.
www.revolutionmarine.com
Old 02-16-2004, 06:28 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Todd,

Thanks for the email and literature. Will the PTT button work on the Raymarine RAY45 vhf radio?

Your price of $1650 is for 4 headset, all wiring & jacks, throat mics, stereo input, vhf input and alarm ground input?

Can you have more than 1 PTT mic for vhf?

Can you use the headset without the throat mic if you want?

Thanks,
Randy

Last edited by rbtnt; 02-17-2004 at 08:52 PM.
Old 02-16-2004, 07:47 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an aviation set up thats portable works great I have less than $500 in the entire setup , I have boom mics not throat mics get a little wind noise but not bad at all. You can get the throat mics pretty cheap through Gulf coast aviation or sportys pilot shop. They do interface with a marine radio that has provisions for it. Crazyhorse has a cheap hand held that he plugs into his set and it works great!!!