Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   New Fountain Logo (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/71116-new-fountain-logo.html)

jafo 02-06-2004 02:19 PM

Just an outsider lookin' in; I'll never be able to afford either, but there seems to be a great deal more chest-thumping, "I'm better, badder, faster" arrogant attitudes coming from the Outerlimits owners lately than the Fountain owners?
I remember when Reggie stepped his boats - Hustler (the Fiores) said the idea was stolen completely from them. Not exactly true.
I rebuilt a set of floats for a Cessna 185 about 25 years ago, and the floats were 20 years old then.
They had steps.............:D

Both are great boats with owners that care about their products enough to push them to speeds that is absolutely insane in a V-bottom boat. Respect that, and don't bash either.:) If you want to give yours to a worthy cause (me;)) my CPA wife will show you how to get a tax break on your donation.:D
Jim

stevebaretta 02-06-2004 03:04 PM

:eek:

Shane 02-06-2004 03:28 PM

EXCELLENT point!

Originally posted by jafo
Just an outsider lookin' in; I'll never be able to afford either, but there seems to be a great deal more chest-thumping, "I'm better, badder, faster" arrogant attitudes coming from the Outerlimits owners lately than the Fountain owners?
I remember when Reggie stepped his boats - Hustler (the Fiores) said the idea was stolen completely from them. Not exactly true.
I rebuilt a set of floats for a Cessna 185 about 25 years ago, and the floats were 20 years old then.
They had steps.............:D

Both are great boats with owners that care about their products enough to push them to speeds that is absolutely insane in a V-bottom boat. Respect that, and don't bash either.:) If you want to give yours to a worthy cause (me;)) my CPA wife will show you how to get a tax break on your donation.:D
Jim

VERY WELL SAID!:)

StrikinLightnin 02-06-2004 03:43 PM

Another low blow from the Outerlimits corral.
Reggie may have his moments but I'm sure that OSO members can see quite a great bit of arrogance also shining through from other places
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

bryanspeedracer 02-06-2004 03:49 PM

Just like my wife says, it's the;

"My pee-pee is bigger than your pee-pee" theory.

I own a Fountain. Why not an OL? You may ask.

They don't make one old enough...;)

bryanspeedracer 02-06-2004 04:01 PM

Copy That.

Pure Energy 02-06-2004 04:21 PM

I find it amusing that some people just have to put on the boxing gloves, especially over an obvious attempt to stir the pot from another thread and poke some fun.

Why don't you guys just lighten up, relax, and smile at the funny little picture. Because it is funny!!!

Back4More 02-06-2004 04:31 PM

Yep, These guys own some of the nicest Offshore boats made and still cryin about stuff...

BLee 02-06-2004 04:44 PM

Originally posted by Pure Energy

Why don't you guys just lighten up, relax, and smile at the funny little picture. Because it is funny!!!

Thats exactly what it is. Why is this getting so much attention? I think the picture is very funny. It's not anything more than that. Who created it? They did a good job!

The two boats are only similar because they are vee's. Other than that there are few fair comparisons between them. One company builds 15-20 boats a year, the other produces 10 times that.

SLINGSHOT 02-06-2004 04:45 PM

outerlimits threads are turning to apache like threads :eek: