Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   New Fountain Logo (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/71116-new-fountain-logo.html)

animalhouse 02-06-2004 12:36 PM

New Fountain Logo

1 Attachment(s)
This will be Reggie's new look for Miami

Lucididee 02-06-2004 12:45 PM

:eek:
CLASSIC! :D

Indy 02-06-2004 12:59 PM

That's a good one :D

However, I'll bet if somebody did that with the head of Mike Fiore, you OL guys would run to congress to have legislation passed to have such cartoons banned ;)

Dock Holiday 02-06-2004 01:18 PM

Not very nice.

You may not like Reggie, but you have to respect him.

He has made a big name for himself in the industry and he is by no means "SLOW"!

Katapult 02-06-2004 01:20 PM

You know it INDY. Wat a bunch of babies.:doggy:

45sonic 02-06-2004 01:32 PM

I see this turning the wrong direction real quick. Both boats are exceptional pieces of equipment as are the people building them. Just wait Fountain ain't dead yet!!

I don't seem to remember seeing any OL's in Key West or Orange Beach or for that matter any other races this year except as patrol boats.

SLINGSHOT 02-06-2004 01:39 PM

in the end who really cares what is faster...its what you like:eek:

Pure Energy 02-06-2004 01:41 PM

That's a funny poke!:D I hope everyone views it as humor and doen't get pissy.

Reckless32 02-06-2004 02:04 PM

Yeah, how many people do you know that own the boats they run for those records.......Go ahead and take your time....:cool:

BLee 02-06-2004 02:12 PM

jafo 02-06-2004 02:19 PM

Just an outsider lookin' in; I'll never be able to afford either, but there seems to be a great deal more chest-thumping, "I'm better, badder, faster" arrogant attitudes coming from the Outerlimits owners lately than the Fountain owners?
I remember when Reggie stepped his boats - Hustler (the Fiores) said the idea was stolen completely from them. Not exactly true.
I rebuilt a set of floats for a Cessna 185 about 25 years ago, and the floats were 20 years old then.
They had steps.............:D

Both are great boats with owners that care about their products enough to push them to speeds that is absolutely insane in a V-bottom boat. Respect that, and don't bash either.:) If you want to give yours to a worthy cause (me;)) my CPA wife will show you how to get a tax break on your donation.:D
Jim

stevebaretta 02-06-2004 03:04 PM

Shane 02-06-2004 03:28 PM

EXCELLENT point!

Originally posted by jafo
Just an outsider lookin' in; I'll never be able to afford either, but there seems to be a great deal more chest-thumping, "I'm better, badder, faster" arrogant attitudes coming from the Outerlimits owners lately than the Fountain owners?
I remember when Reggie stepped his boats - Hustler (the Fiores) said the idea was stolen completely from them. Not exactly true.
I rebuilt a set of floats for a Cessna 185 about 25 years ago, and the floats were 20 years old then.
They had steps.............:D

Both are great boats with owners that care about their products enough to push them to speeds that is absolutely insane in a V-bottom boat. Respect that, and don't bash either.:) If you want to give yours to a worthy cause (me;)) my CPA wife will show you how to get a tax break on your donation.:D
Jim

VERY WELL SAID!:)

StrikinLightnin 02-06-2004 03:43 PM

Another low blow from the Outerlimits corral.
Reggie may have his moments but I'm sure that OSO members can see quite a great bit of arrogance also shining through from other places
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

bryanspeedracer 02-06-2004 03:49 PM

Just like my wife says, it's the;

"My pee-pee is bigger than your pee-pee" theory.

I own a Fountain. Why not an OL? You may ask.

They don't make one old enough...;)

bryanspeedracer 02-06-2004 04:01 PM

Copy That.

Pure Energy 02-06-2004 04:21 PM

I find it amusing that some people just have to put on the boxing gloves, especially over an obvious attempt to stir the pot from another thread and poke some fun.

Why don't you guys just lighten up, relax, and smile at the funny little picture. Because it is funny!!!

Back4More 02-06-2004 04:31 PM

Yep, These guys own some of the nicest Offshore boats made and still cryin about stuff...

BLee 02-06-2004 04:44 PM

Originally posted by Pure Energy

Why don't you guys just lighten up, relax, and smile at the funny little picture. Because it is funny!!!

Thats exactly what it is. Why is this getting so much attention? I think the picture is very funny. It's not anything more than that. Who created it? They did a good job!

The two boats are only similar because they are vee's. Other than that there are few fair comparisons between them. One company builds 15-20 boats a year, the other produces 10 times that.

SLINGSHOT 02-06-2004 04:45 PM

outerlimits threads are turning to apache like threads :eek:

LapseofReason 02-06-2004 04:50 PM

Its just a joke, if the other thread didn't get so heated nobody would care. It isn't worth calling another OSOer an a$$hole. Somebody could put up a funny picture of Mike Fiore and it would still be funny.

jeff bratton 02-06-2004 04:57 PM

someone is afraid of a turtle

SLINGSHOT 02-06-2004 04:57 PM

this will be a classic heated thread...wheres the poppy cock @?

amarket1 02-06-2004 05:04 PM

For what it is worth I too will never be able to afford either a Fountain or an OL but I think the competition is good for the guys that can purchase one of these boats because they will get a better product due to the competition that has risen between these 2 companies.
This is just my take on things I may be totally wrong.
Sean

R Addiction 02-06-2004 05:05 PM

Originally posted by SLINGSHOT
in the end who really cares what is faster...its what you like:eek:
My thoughts Exactly!!;)

blownincome 02-06-2004 05:08 PM

Popcorn anyone???

What happened to the fountain vs ol thread???? it was there and then gone??? Oh ya copy they dont make one old enough...--$--:D

VelocityMike 02-06-2004 05:47 PM

Both boats are great and it all depends on what you want to do.

As fas as Reggie and Mike go well I have spent time with both of them and they are two GREAT people for this sport.

At the Thunder on the Bay poker run Reggie and his son came out to play in an old race boat. That day Reggie walked around and talked to everyone and was very nice.

As far as Mike well I hung out with him for a little while at the Sarasota Poker Run with Bob Russell and those guys were great as well.

You cant fault these guys for building some of the best boats out there. Just remember why we are here and that is "For the love of the sport" They are here for the same reason.

INDY27 02-06-2004 06:24 PM

when its all said and done Reggie will be saying WHO'S YA DADDY NOW!

CAP071 02-06-2004 06:25 PM

Cut the BULL****, Put on the water side by side and run em! :mad:

US1 Fountain 02-06-2004 06:30 PM

Originally posted by Love Machine
I thought this was the new Fountain logo. Let's see how long this lasts :eek:
I bet there are a bunch of OL guys wishing they had a LOGO like we do. :D

bajabob38 02-06-2004 06:30 PM

I don't care

DaveP 02-06-2004 06:43 PM

Actually Reggie's face on a chicken would have been better!

US1 Fountain 02-06-2004 06:46 PM

Originally posted by DaveP
Actually Reggie's face on a chicken would have been better!
Hasn't this been covered already in the now pulled thread because it was started with misleading info?

StrikinLightnin 02-06-2004 06:50 PM

EXCELLENT!:D :p

Comanche3Six 02-06-2004 07:00 PM

Originally posted by Love Machine
I thought this was the new Fountain logo. Let's see how long this lasts :eek:
Reggie has some great workers down at the factory.
Everyone looks busy!

10x 02-06-2004 07:37 PM

A bunch of us have come to an agreement: We think animalhouse should be changed to animal****, cause that's what all of its posts have been worth!#*!#* Amazing!!! how much better Fountain startin to look to everyone. These ol guys just CANT stop lovin him.

Fightclub 02-06-2004 07:58 PM

8:58 PM Eastern....

Bet its gone with in one hour!

Fightclub 02-06-2004 08:05 PM

I don't own either boat.... So some of you would say I should not comment... I will however say you need to keep it clean!

Cut out the cheap shots... Bad Pics and the school yard jabs...

My .02

Brad

R Addiction 02-06-2004 09:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE]Originally posted by VelocityMike

At the Thunder on the Bay poker run Reggie and his son came out to play in an old race boat. That day Reggie walked around and talked to everyone and was very nice.

So true Mike....

Fightclub 02-06-2004 09:24 PM

[QUOTE] I thought this was the new Fountain logo. Let's see how long this lasts

Love Machine has attached this image:

Originally posted by Fightclub
8:58 PM Eastern....

Bet its gone with in one hour!

10:22PM Eastern

What no Poof? Someone is asleep at the wheel/Keyboard. I guess I could say or do anything with the thread.

In the words of Mr George Carlin.

**** - Mother ****er - God Damn - Cock Sucker - PRICK - ECT. ECT .ECT...