Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   New Fountain Logo (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/71116-new-fountain-logo.html)

marinetrans 02-06-2004 09:30 PM

Both boats are awesome. But what happens when a Skater or MTI passes them?.What now? No sense in argument. Someone always has more money and a faster boat. Not to mention the boats that have turbines now.

Formula Outlaw 02-06-2004 09:47 PM

All this kind of makes me glad I have a Formula. No one expects me to be the fastest, I know I'll never be the fastest, I don't even want to be the fastest. :D BUT, I would like to be a little faster:D

WILDTHING TAZ 02-06-2004 10:41 PM

OK LETS NOT COMPAIR A CAT TO A V HULL. IF SO LET'S COMPAIR THE RIDE IN 4-5'S IN LAKE ERIE. MY OL RIDES BETTER THAN ANYTHING I HAVE BEEN IN. I ONLY WISH I COULD AFFORD A 42.

bojoe2 02-06-2004 10:52 PM

tttt

BLee 02-07-2004 01:00 AM

Originally posted by marinetrans
Both boats are awesome. But what happens when a Skater or MTI passes them?.What now? No sense in argument. Someone always has more money and a faster boat. Not to mention the boats that have turbines now.
No, that has nothing to do with anything. We are talking vee's, period.

44MTI 02-07-2004 03:02 AM

Why do I only see neg. post from animal house.When I have talked to Mike and Bob they are very respectful of Reggie." He has done more for our sport than anyone" Bob Russell. This negativity reminds me of the APBA, You don't have to like Reggie or his boats, but give him the RESPECT, he deserves. As for Wildthing and those 5 footers and a cat, If would like some of that action...

GAUGETHIS 02-07-2004 08:07 AM

I LIKE THE NEW FOUNTIAN LOGO. WHERE CAN I GET 5 OF THEM. ITS NOT OVER UNTIL ITS OVER.

32fever 02-07-2004 03:21 PM

For those who said you can't afford one must have been talking OL only.

Ask any Fountain owner, resale is going in the crapper since Reggie dropped the prices. If you can't afford it today, check back tomorrow :D:D

It's more realistic for current Fountain owners to be saying they can't afford to get rid of their boats. OL owners have (maybe had by now, could be too late) a luxury of not losing much if any money on their boats. They buy a new $150k boat in 97 or 98, keep it 5 years and sell it for that. Not a bad deal if you ask me. NOw that a new 39 (probably 37 too) is $350k, that may change. It can't keep going up at these rates forever.

Both great boats. "To each their own."

JPD Motorsports 02-07-2004 05:03 PM

Didn't the turtle beat the hare in bugsbunny!!!!!:eek: :eek: :D :p

marinetrans 02-07-2004 06:41 PM

I think if it wasn't for Reggie, alot of boats would be going alot slower. All the major boat builders look up to Reggie. I've seen OLs beat Fountains and Fountains beat OLs. Now, the new Skater built vee,thats the new cookie. Full canopy and with 525EFIs it does over a buck.:) :)