Notices

Fountain Does 156.9 MPH

Old 02-08-2004, 06:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Lapse of Reason
I will be getting a used OL first, I'am am trying to get the No Discipline boat at NM, it will only go around 100-105 with the motors in it and will most likely stay that way for a while.
I won't buy a Fountain for the reasons Reggie had 40K of my dollars and wouldn't make a simple change to move the seat back, I got my $ back.

Top speed is not the only thing I worry about nor can I afford to always have the biggest motors t o do it. The OL has a Bigger cabin witch is a must for me I am 6'6" and do spen
d some time in the cabin.

I could really care less if Fountain keeps the speed record forever, Of course I would rather OL had it but it's not the only thing I look for or want. My thing with it is to do it in a boat that you and me could go get if we had the means. We both know we can get it from OL, can we get it from Fountain? I don't know the whole deal there but hear we can't with that power.

If you have read any of my post about OL for the last year you will see I have been on there side and looking to purchase one long before they had the record I am not some fair weathered fan that only cares about the fastest boat in the water. My goal is to have a 40 something OL going 125 mph by 2006, I wish I could afford 1500 hp motors but I don't see that anytime soon but hey theres always the Lotto.
So your point is? For criticising fountian. Lapseofmemory.
Old 02-08-2004, 06:39 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Moisture-Missil
So your point is? For criticising fountian. Lapseofmemory.
Please spell it out for me because I have no clue as to where you are coming from.
Old 02-08-2004, 06:41 PM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey Lapse, I wish the ice would melt on the river behind your house too!! Then we could get out on the Potomac again!!!
Old 02-08-2004, 06:46 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Beak Boater
hey Lapse, I wish the ice would melt on the river behind your house too!! Then we could get out on the Potomac again!!!
Today made some progress about another 1000 yards and the channel with be open, but the ice is still over a foot thick at the end of my dock and I am about 1000 yards to the channel. It will start breaking off in big chunks and heading your way soon .
Old 02-08-2004, 07:04 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It wasn"t that long ago that Extreme Mag. had featured a 42 Lightning,full cabin,twin engine at 129 mph. That sounded impressive also.

Hey Lapse,I see you were a tall roadracer just like my good friend Dale Quartley from Team Green.
Old 02-08-2004, 07:04 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 139 Likes on 84 Posts

The power of OSO is formidable.
When joined as one, the subscriber base has the ability to frustrate like no other.

When the need arises, the collective becomes as one mind. Regardless of individual interests, when a victim is seen floundering in his words, the smell of blood is released and the whole atmosphere changes. The apes pile on, like a bunch of drunk frat boys on a passed out co-ed. Like a bunch of rioters, the group moves and thinks as one - witness the Rodney King debacle. Witness the looting and pillaging. Witness the Apache threads. Witness the threads on the benefits of step hulls.

More than a simple excuse to act bad, the situation itself triggers something in the individual that encourages each to act as one arm of a single large entity.

Kind of like the Borg.

You Will Be Assimilated.

Resistance Is Futile...
Attached Thumbnails Fountain  Does 156.9 MPH-borg.jpg  
Old 02-08-2004, 07:10 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok, ok, let's all take a step back, a big deep breath and relax. It's all good - no matter who did what. How about everyone to Monty's Friday afternoon (for those of us going to Miami...) and have a round or two, and remember why we are all here...

FOR THE LOVE OF THE SPORT!!!

LoR~ Always loved No Discipline, best of luck to you if you do buy it... that is a phat ride!
Old 02-08-2004, 07:13 PM
Registered

Originally posted by DONZI
It wasn"t that long ago that Extreme Mag. had featured a 42 Lightning,full cabin,twin engine at 129 mph. That sounded impressive also.

Hey Lapse,I see you were a tall roadracer just like my good friend Dale Quartley from Team Green.
Yes, I was a lot thiner when I raced about 180, now 220, still skinny. It had it's goods and bads, I had to really focus to get out of the wind at places like Daytona and the back straight at Atlanta, but for the most part it helped, I could get real wide if I had to. I used to stick out both knees coming into a turn if somebody was behind me just to make them think for a second.

I never was on the track with Dale but got the pleasure of Scott Russell making me feel like I should just go home in a practice at Daytona once.
Old 02-08-2004, 07:23 PM
tkosheas

Last edited by tkosheas; 02-08-2004 at 07:33 PM.

Old 02-08-2004, 07:32 PM
tkosheas

I hope the kilo run was not in N.C. These kilo runs should be at neutral locations run the same day, with all competitiors competing at the same location under the same conditions

Quick Reply: Fountain Does 156.9 MPH

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.