Notices

Fountain Does 156.9 MPH

Old 02-08-2004, 01:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrad's to Fountain, Mercury, and the crew that has this boat hauling some big time speed
bet they will be over the 160 mark before long and that is FAST in a V hull no matter who built it.
You know all the negitive people on this thread you could add the speeds of all there boats and I bet it would
still be slower that Reggie's
Old 02-08-2004, 01:29 PM
Registered

Originally posted by jafo
Dropped out of a C-130 from 35,000'
and two jet engines added to the boat
Old 02-08-2004, 01:36 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally posted by Back4More
Lapse of Reason has Fountain envy.

Old 02-08-2004, 01:36 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Back4More
Lapse of Reason has Fountain envy.

NOT.

I still havn't heard is it a Fountain / Fountain or a Skater/ Fountain. Plus like Too Old said they are not record runs they are certified speeds. So Fountain guys don't put it in the books yet.
Old 02-08-2004, 01:42 PM
Dullieman

Originally posted by Lapse of Reason
Well you guys are doing just like Reggie hoped, NOT having the facts and buying boats that are misrepresented as the FASTEST. If it was the other way around you Fountain guys would be doing the same thing.
well lets see,
APBA records
Super V record holder= UTZ Castaway @ 106.167MPH
Factory 2 38'+record holder= Speedware @ 92.280MPH
Factory 2 35' - record holder=UTZ/Pier57 @ 94.187MPH

SBI records
F2 record holder= Fountain 76 @ 111.343
F1 recordholder= Xtreme racing @ 87.684

So yea, they must be misrepresented as the FASTEST boats. Then lets not forget allot of us can afford those slow beak boats but not to many can afford the OL's. Dont get me wrong and OL is a Bad to the bone boat and I would love to have one, Each one is different as they are Custom boats and your not comparing apples to apples. lets say you can buy a 42OL with big power for $500-$600K thats ALLOT of dough, then you have a 42' Fountain with big power ( that in my opinion is also a custom boat) that you can buy for $400K. $100-$200K extra will buy allot, for example- gas/insurance/tow vehicle/ hotel rooms/boat slips/etc.

Again both boat builders make Great boats and both deserve RESPECT. So dont get your panties in a bunch. Speed is the name of the game and as long as there is competition there will always be challenges for speed.

OH yea, I forgot you asked about why he did not build a new boat to run those speed, I'd say its because his 4 year old boat can run the speed he needs it to with 100-150 less horsepower a side. That would be my answer, unless you just like wasting $400-$600K to build a boat you dont need.

Old 02-08-2004, 01:47 PM
Registered

No I asked who built the boat he is using. Him or Skater.
Old 02-08-2004, 01:51 PM
Registered

Who's mold was it?
Old 02-08-2004, 01:56 PM
Registered

Why do you guys keep side stepping the ?, It makes a huge difference, I can't buy the boat if it's a Skater built one I can buy the OL.
Old 02-08-2004, 02:00 PM
Dullieman

I dont know as I am sure not many of us do. We all know that Skater is setup to layup boat with highTech Materials and fountain to the best of my knowledge is not as they are more focused on mass production. This is just leveling the playing field. However dont forget Fountain was breaking records before Ol was even thought of. They are both again great boats its just not comparing apples to apples.

Old 02-08-2004, 02:09 PM
Dullieman

Originally posted by Lapse of Reason
Why do you guys keep side stepping the ?, It makes a huge difference, I can't buy the boat if it's a Skater built one I can buy the OL.
Why cant you buy it either one, lets say it is a Skater built boat Im sure Reggie would be glad to sell you one for what you are going to pay for that OL.

Why do you have such a hard on about Fountains and running that speed? What were you scared by a Fountain when you were a little boy and still have issues with it? You know OL is already building something new for the kilo's it just makes for a great sport.

They are both great boats that run like a "bat out of hell" congrats to both companies.

Quick Reply: Fountain Does 156.9 MPH

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.