Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Boat For Sale Section... Yes or No >

Boat For Sale Section... Yes or No

Notices
View Poll Results: Should Boats For Sale Section Stay?
Yes
91.95%
No
4.60%
Impulsive is a moron....
3.45%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Boat For Sale Section... Yes or No

Old 02-08-2004, 07:31 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

If they can make it so that the new stuff shows up as new then I would be good with it. However it seems that every time I sign on to that area EVERYTHING is listed as new. Yes I have my cookies turned on. It is definatly easier to run through the adds in the forums area but the Classifieds is a nicer look.

Jon
Old 02-08-2004, 07:39 AM
FWK

I like the forums also.

Old 02-08-2004, 09:40 AM
jb
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I check the forum first and most often daily...The classifieds seem to be cumbersome to me to take a quick look...but I do sometimes. maybe 1x a week at best.

Too old, without that forum how would you have so many people begging to sell that 35 fountain for ya!

The forum has started some pretty good conversations regarding some boats for sale...

Besides its a bit informal and can be fun..isnt that why we are here.

9 out if ten I know if its in OSO classifieds its on trader. But if its in the forum...Could be no where else but here...

Old 02-08-2004, 12:28 PM
Registered

FYI,

All new items in the Formal Classifieds show up at the top of the section they are in. Older ones drop to the bottom just like in the Forums. The red New shows up in the sections that have new items since your last visit.

Also, sorry to all the experts but the money factor does not calculate. The greater percentage of the Platinum members do not use the Forum Classifieds so their 30 day ad in the classifieds for $8 would not make much sense in the $ theory. It is about putting the right things in the right place and not having Commercial businesses buy memberships in lieu of advertising.

As far as other sites not charging money. Do they have the thousands of visitors per day that potentially will buy your parts and boats? How do you think we get the people here and do you think its FREE to do it?

Your comments about greed I take very offensively as I have not taken one penny of salary from this company in two years, I own the Cigarette personally, I funded the OSO party for two years when the company could not afford it, and the countless hours of dedication buiding this site to bring your potential buyers.

No further questions your honor.
Old 02-08-2004, 12:59 PM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

Classifieds should be were the pros/dealers advertise.
For sale should be for the once in a while, personal boat, or garage sale type posts. Listing every nut and bolt you want to sell is a waste of bandwidth. Make a list and put it all in 1 post.
Old 02-08-2004, 01:01 PM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

And Steve dont need no stinkin OSO money......he makes too much driving the APBA pace boat
Old 02-08-2004, 01:07 PM
Registered

Originally posted by DanB
For sale should be for the once in a while, personal boat, or garage sale type posts. Listing every nut and bolt you want to sell is a waste of bandwidth. Make a list and put it all in 1 post.
Thank you DanB, that is exactly right. Now it has become small businesses run out of the garage.

Our new Auction/Classifieds that is very close should satisfy everyones needs.
Old 02-08-2004, 01:12 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by puder
I do not think its is BY ANY MEANS for OSO to make money. I think its aways for them to cut down on costs. This is a big site with lots of members and servers and bandwwidth and developers cost money.

I think its avery useful part of the site and i'd hate to see it go. But i do understand the "hemoraging $$$" concept. Hell steve is throwing a party next weekend and as far as i can tell he's flipping the bill and its not gonna be a small bill either.
150% agree. I laugh when people gripe about paying a small fee to access the site. You can't replace some of the info and more importantly the actual owners and designers of the boats you own that hang around here.

To call the Board gods greedy is a cheap shot given by a cheap person. Go to one of the other sorry ass forums and play with all 5 of their members.

I can't believe that anyone could possibly think that these guys are somehow getting rich from this website.

Your into powerboats (one of the most expensive hobbies) and cry about a $25 fee to get priceless information about them? How embarrasing
Old 02-08-2004, 01:19 PM
Registered

Originally posted by cigracer38
150% agree. I laugh when people gripe about paying a small fee to access the site. You can't replace some of the info and more importantly the actual owners and designers of the boats you own that hang around here.

To call the Board gods greedy is a cheap shot given by a cheap person. Go to one of the other sorry ass forums and play with all 5 of their members.

I can't believe that anyone could possibly think that these guys are somehow getting rich from this website.

Your into powerboats (one of the most expensive hobbies) and cry about a $25 fee to get priceless information about them? How embarrasing

Well said man, there always people whining about the membership fees but spend that much to launch the boat in a weekend, without the fuel, drinks, payment, insurance, etc. The amount of money I have saved by having this knowledge is priceless.
Old 02-08-2004, 04:14 PM
Registered

Steve,

In no way did I mean to insinuate that you or OSO are greedy in any way shape or form. I don't believe that at all and that was not meant to be the tone of the thread. If it came across that way I apologize. My main point was that people do like the forum part of the boats for sale section because it give members an opportunity to discuss the boats. I also think it gives people piece of mind buying a boat from somebody on OSO rather than somewhere else. This is because there is a trust that other members won't try to sell you a piece of junk. What I meant about the money was that I understood why you would and should want to make money off classifieds. This is a business and it should be profitable.

As far as the cost of membership. I think the price is extremely fair for what this site provides. I have no problem with the membership and would gladly pay double for the information available here.

Again, my main point was the boats for sale forum and the way it is set up.It enables people to discuss different boats that are for sale. It was NOT meant to insult the owners of OSO.

Joe

Last edited by impulsive; 02-08-2004 at 04:16 PM.

Quick Reply: Boat For Sale Section... Yes or No

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.