Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Boat For Sale Section... Yes or No >

Boat For Sale Section... Yes or No

Notices
View Poll Results: Should Boats For Sale Section Stay?
Yes
91.95%
No
4.60%
Impulsive is a moron....
3.45%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Boat For Sale Section... Yes or No

Old 02-09-2004, 08:06 AM
jb
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve...why wouldnt you look at the poll??? Thats a silly statement to make..

When this Forum goes bye bye that will be fine we will adjust! Your improvements most always seem to work out for the best!

I would personally love to see the auction format...now some of these guys who are awful proud of their boats will see what others think its worth!!!

Why would anyone question why/how a company advertises like OSO did in Powerboat? Thats just good business to advertise.. I cant believe anyone would be upset. OSO could also take all revenues and go shopping at the mall...not a good business move...but they can! I cant imagine people worrying about what OSO does with revenues generated...
If ya ask me, the place should be free for a trial period, then everyone should have to pay to get on the site!...with all diferent pay levels...but thats a diferent thread all together!!!

I still wish the Classified forum would stay...but hey...if it goes it goes, we adjust and move on...
Old 02-09-2004, 08:26 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Since I'm not a subscriber to Powerboat...
What's the story behind all of the comments about the Powerboat ads??? And why did we get referred to as "nitwits" by Powerboat???

If no one wants to post it, please send me a PM or email.
Old 02-09-2004, 08:50 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess I missed something.

Who has a problem with OSO advertising in Powerboat?

I would guess these comments came from the genius business minds that think OSO is a gold mine.

If you want to talk about a ripoff, subscribe to Powerboat. I cancelled 2 years ago. OSO blows the doors off that magazine in terms of valuble info.

Poker Runs America is the only one I get excited about. I would like to try the new extreme boat mag though.
Old 02-09-2004, 12:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Of course it should stay. Why NOT??

Roby
Old 02-09-2004, 05:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Steve Im with Scott..

Q:PLEASE do whatever it takes to preserve this feature because this is what we all want most...
Well Said..
Old 02-09-2004, 07:00 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally posted by cigracer38
I guess I missed something.

Who has a problem with OSO advertising in Powerboat?

I would guess these comments came from the genius business minds that think OSO is a gold mine.

If you want to talk about a ripoff, subscribe to Powerboat. I cancelled 2 years ago. OSO blows the doors off that magazine in terms of valuble info.

Poker Runs America is the only one I get excited about. I would like to try the new extreme boat mag though.
Some genius that had a grand total of about 4 days membership here started a thread not too long ago griping about OSO advertising in the mag. The individual thought it was wasted money and redundant. He quickly found out that he was the only one that thought that way and has since remained in hiding like most people that come on here stirring up crap in their first 10 posts.

If I remember correctly the person wasn't even a paying member.

Buck
Old 02-09-2004, 09:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about everyone just wait and see. Let them set up the new board and see what features it has and doesn't have. Change could be good, you never know. Wait it out and see what the new format brings.
Old 02-09-2004, 09:13 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Corrado, i think it is going to be part of the auction format which i think will work better. i'm assuming its like ebay and ateast that way there will there will be a time limit of sales and you will know if you got the part or not. this new format will also eliminate "ghost"ads that are put up than forgot about by the seller, these probably suck up server resources for nothing.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 02-09-2004, 10:06 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Corrado- still lookin for a mag sport. i really believe the right boat will find me i heard about a 28 maltese in my area somewhere but cant remember where i saw the post. .. . search goes on, i'll definetly need the auction site when i find it though
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 02-10-2004, 10:56 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i rarely look at the "formal classifieds" easier to ask questions, post photos and haggle in board classifieds.

Quick Reply: Boat For Sale Section... Yes or No

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.