Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Who owns the V bottom speed record? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/71547-who-owns-v-bottom-speed-record.html)

runnin gun 02-11-2004 09:30 PM

i just bought a new fountain before all this took place. I helped a freind build a mustang and we ran some low 5 sec. pass is the eight. But run what you brung and hope you brung enough is what it is all about. If you fit in the class of v bottoms then all should be allowed to try it, but line them up like a drag race and go down the ladder the boat at the end of the day is the overall best performing boat. Just my .02 cents

Terry

SLINGSHOT 02-11-2004 09:31 PM

APACHE...THE REAL KILO RUNNER!:D :D :D :D

animalhouse 02-11-2004 09:34 PM

This debate would not be going on right now if Reggie upheld an agreement with Mike that he would be invited to the next Kilo. However, the boat does go that fast, it is a production boat that you can purchase, and it is Still the Worlds Fastest V-Hull.

I am not a math major, but 156 and 161.2 do not even look close to me.

sy goldberg 02-11-2004 09:49 PM

RECORD HOLDER

It's really BAJABOB 38 With Stevie Wonder reading the GPS.:D :D :D

nolimits 02-11-2004 09:53 PM

An agreement that no one has first hand knowledge of... An agreement that would make little sense - given OL did it's run on the 6th but kept it quite.

Neither wanted to "line up" and run... It's all about who is the fastest in Miami. Cloak and dagger stuff... Marketing.

They are both great builders of great boats. Reggie's line of poop seems more believable to me though... Guy with a gps??? Hmmm....

and your speed numbers are wrong...

mmwalters 02-11-2004 10:22 PM

I think the bottom line is this... Do you guys think Billy Frenz and Mike Fiore are honorable and truthful
Men? This would be best answered by someone that knows these gentlemen.

bojoe2 02-11-2004 10:43 PM

FOR IMPULSIVE I AGREE BUT KEEP IN MIND REGGIES WAS NOT A KILO EITHER IT WAS A RECORDED SPEED AND FOR MM WALTERS I THINK THESE GUYS ARE BOTH HONERABLE, AND MEN OF THERE WORD NO BULL****. AS I THINK YOU PROBLY ARE BUT I THINK YOUR JUST TALKING OUT LOUD AND DIDNT REALY WANT TO TYPE THAT! THEY ARE CLASS ACTS!

nolimits 02-11-2004 10:51 PM

You still only have one side of the conversation without what Fountain heard/thought/said.

Honest and truthful men disagree. Communication - who said what and when is the subject of debate in most every aspect of this planet. Reality - We will never know what they discussed.

That leaves the facts as they become available. Or what some of us want them to be. We can't even agree on what makes a kilo run a record run. This sport is full of these kinds of issues as there is no one sanctioning body. The governing bodies of this sport are one step ahead of boxing.

What we are ultimetly left with is two amazingly fast boats from two companies that are generating even more interest in the sport we all love.

Hats of to Fountain and OL.

SS930 02-12-2004 06:00 AM

I'm amazed the poll is this tight. I really thought it would be a 3:1 ratio since there are far more Fountain owners on the board than OL owners.

Gotta tell you though... this petty bickering is getting old. Both camps ran hard and fast. I suspect this battle has only started as the best (or worst) is yet to come. Congrats again to both companies on stellar achievements.

nolimits 02-12-2004 08:02 AM

I think Fountain owners have shown that they are by in large - objective. No surprise to me....

I agree with the bickering......

Again - Hats of to Fountain and OL.....