surround sound question ??

Notices

surround sound question ??

Old 02-12-2004, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default surround sound question ??

Any inputs?
I have a great room (18-20 by 18-20)that i need to put in a digital system.
I have to buy a digital reciever/tuner and all speakers/sub.
The REARS need to be ceiling mounted type(flush).
Please give my advise on types of speakers and reciever.
I was thinking about a Yahama reciever.

I have a budget that isnt very big.
Please help out a non-stereo guy

Rick
Old 02-12-2004, 09:44 AM
FWK

One speaker that wouold give you good imaging and is a kef ci200.2qt It folds down out of the ceiling when in use and retracts to a flush mount speaker when not in use or when you are not using them for a HT application.

Old 02-12-2004, 12:35 PM
Registered

Nobody??
Old 02-12-2004, 12:43 PM
Registered

I'm planning to do the same as you in the house we're currently looking at building, I'm looking at Sony equipment. A friend just did the exact same....he has Polk audio speakers mounted flush on the rear wall....looks very nice. Basically he did it himself...cut the sheetrock and installed it all and it looks great. I'm planning to do the same to save money. I currently have a sony reciever....with 1 sub and 6 other mids and tweeters placed around the room. Sounds good, but like you I want to mount speakers in the walls. I'll keep my sony reciever...and buy either JBL, Sony, Polk speakers to mount in the walls. To stick within your budget....keep it simple. You don't have to have the biggest sub and all that...just get something that will really sound great.

I have another friend that bought like 25 tower speakers placed all throughout the room.......it's loud as heck but it's just too much to me. Invest in a good name brand reciever, and some good speakers and subs and you should be fine.
Old 02-12-2004, 12:50 PM
Registered

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-ZwOSJTx...&cc=01&search=

Just as an example.....the Polk speaker are the one's my friend has...sound real good too. Again, pick a brand and search on it, you'll find a deal.
Old 02-13-2004, 12:07 PM
Registered

anybody else?
Thanks 97bosshammer
Old 02-13-2004, 01:25 PM
Registered

I'm buying a Panasonic 50" LCD soon but in the meantime I've been doing some shopping. The Panasonic Digital receivers have gotten good reviews and can find them reasonably priced online. I personally like the non-digital Panasonic PA-HE100 for looks but might step up to the PA-HE200 for the higher power. For speakers I'm not going in-wall but am probably going to Infinity or Klipsch.

Let us know how things work out.
Old 02-13-2004, 04:18 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Well the most important thing to me is the interface with all the equipment. All this stuff does you NO good if you can not use it. If you are on a budget then I suggest the Theatermaster 700.

Next is speakers. They need to be matched. SO you have to go with a speaker company that can offer you Inrooms and Inwalls or you have to go all in walls. Some of these companies are B&W, Triad, Dyne Audio. DON'T skimp on the speakers. They are the hardest thing to replace if you go in wall. DVD player I would suggest a Panasonic. Receiver I would go with a Onkyo Integra or if you can step it up a bit then a Rotel. As for Direct TV vs Cable the Direct will give you a better picture and sound HOWEVER if you go cable you can get all the stuff for free....... Then upgrade later

Jon
Old 02-13-2004, 04:22 PM
Registered

What brand is a Theatermaster 700?
Old 02-13-2004, 04:54 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Theatermaster

Check out www.remotecentral.com

Quick Reply: surround sound question ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.