Like Tree0Likes

...ok Reggie...one questiion?

Old 02-16-2004, 09:52 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by johnnyboatman
LPA2106
i have read about everyone of your post. you must think your perfect. you have ragged on and on . be a happy boater not a jealous boater, if your boat is so fast lets see the pictures.
Correction:
I have read about every one of your posts. You must think that you're perfect. You have ragged on and on. Be a happy boater, not a jealous boater. If your boat is so fast, let's see the pictures. ......
Old 02-16-2004, 11:28 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

I retracted my 3 words and apologize to those who seem to have been offended...

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

Last edited by SHARKEY-IMAGES; 02-17-2004 at 05:28 PM.
Old 02-17-2004, 12:20 AM
AKA "BAZOOKA JOE"
Platinum Member

all 4'10" or so
Old 02-17-2004, 12:27 AM
Registered

well... there seems to be a common thread amongst those that like to ridicule Reggie... his physical appearance and his dress... oh... and his hair.... but I don't see too many negative replies about his product.... I had a fountain... I didn't think it was the best of boats... but a boat built within price constraints. It wasn't the best boat... nor was it the worst. Why don't you guys lay off his appearance. When you guys make adhominem attacks... you look like school yard bullies.If you have issues with his product... address the problems with his product.. I haven't heard anyone talking about Fountain like past employees of Powerplay talk about Danny. So I guess he is at least an honest business man.
Old 02-17-2004, 06:55 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Reed,

I was only kidding...

Maybe because I am still a bit angry after driving many hours out of my way to the Fountain plant in hopes of getting a Plant Tour.

I was told to come back some other time.

The most I got to see was whatever was laying around outside in the back of the plant.

Old 02-17-2004, 07:15 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member
Trade Score: (1)

[QUOTE
I was only kidding...

Maybe because I am still a bit angry after driving many hours out of my way to the Fountain plant in hopes of getting a Plant Tour.

[/B][/QUOTE]

OR.......
It's a lot easier to belittle another person than to build yourself up.
You guys really need to lay off the personnal attacks. Kinda childish, not to mention OLD.

Do you have to make an appointment for a tour, or just show up? A plant tour sounds very interesting to me.

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 02-17-2004 at 04:40 PM.
Old 02-17-2004, 01:17 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by sharkeymarine
Reed,

I was only kidding...

I was told to come back some other time.

The most I got to see was whatever was laying around outside in the back of the plant.
Yeah.. that is sad... but understandable... I work on exotic cars... I have to keep my shop door closed because of the people driving by that stop and want a tour... They want to tell me how their dad had a car like that back before the war... or how one of their friends once owned a car like that... yada yada yada.... before I know it... the whole day is gone... haven't made a cent... but been a "nice guy" and given free tours. Also ... Fountain Powerboats doesn't know you from Adam.... they may have a particular manufacturing technique that they don't want their competition to see. Who knows? That is one of the reasons some manufacturers won't allow cameras in their plants. It's not to be rude... but to be careful. I know it's sometimes amusing to make fun of a person's appearance... Reggie can always let his hair go grey... stop wearing chains ... lose weight... but he certainly can't grow any taller..

Last edited by Reed Jensen; 02-17-2004 at 01:19 PM.
Old 02-17-2004, 05:36 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Reed Jensen
Fountain Powerboats doesn't know you from Adam.... they may have a particular manufacturing technique that they don't want their competition to see. Who knows? That is one of the reasons some manufacturers won't allow cameras in their plants. It's not to be rude... but to be careful.
As far as I know, and someone can correct me if I am wrong, but they don't allow anyone in the laminating area anyway. Do they?

Yes, I probably should have called 1st. I was just taking a slow ride back from the Worlds in Key West and followed the coastline "The Scenic Route" all the way up.
It wasn't until that day I entered NC that I decided to take a detour in hope of seeing the plant. It was a 50/50 chance shot, but I had time. I was in no rush to get back. All I saw was the front office and some molds out back and then continued on my way home...

Old 02-17-2004, 05:44 PM
Registered

Too bad Sharkey... I know what it is like to be turned away when you are hundereds of miles from home.. better luck next time..
Old 02-17-2004, 06:29 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

My interest is in the lamination procedures. I don't think they would probably show me any of that. I am not interested in seeing people sewing the interiors together or bolting on cleats. So a tour may not interest me if I can't see the goods....

[b]For those that have taken the tour, what were you shown?[/]
Maybe I will have a change of heart and the next time I am down there for a race, perhaps I can do it then....

Last edited by SHARKEY-IMAGES; 02-17-2004 at 06:41 PM.