Old 02-16-2004, 10:23 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: Azimut

Quote:
Originally posted by cuda
What did you do to piss Phil off?
Phil is the best and I guess when you buy a boat from Phil it's like borrowing it from him.
Saturday morning I went out to go up to Fort Lauderdale and to give a ride to the friend I stay at in Plam Beach.
We get out at Haulover and head north to Ft Lauderdale (Maybe 12-15 Miles) wind is from the South East and in following seas we're having a good ride, fly a couple times and all is well. I drop my friend of at the launch on 15th street in Lauderdale and wait for Parnell to show up with his Saber. He shows up and we head out of Lauderdale for Miami, where you saw us Joe. At that point I am by myself in the boat, now we are heading into the wind and I would say 5-7 foot waves running about 50 mph getting bounced around somewhat but still manageable. At one point I launch and the seas were a tad confused when I land it almost stuffs the boat maybe the last two feet of the nose staid above the water. That slows the boat down drastically and boat engines stop , I put it in neutral and try to crank them again. It cranks but but's not starting, I check all breakers switches, kill switch and everything is all right and plugged. By this time Parnell is along side me and Dave swims over to help me look around he checks all the stuff I did and we can't figure why they are not starting. (Thanks again for your help Dave by the way)
Now I call Phil on the cell tell him I'm two miles offshore bobbing like a cork and the engines won't start but they are cranking. Now Phil explains to me in no uncertain terms that I should not be out there with his boat in this weather I tell Phil that I will gladly sit in his office for him to chew me a new one when I get back but that I was calling for something a little more constructive!!! while distressed in the Atlantic! He goes thru all the electrical to check has we had done and then says we will figure a way to get a tow in. He will call me back.
5 Minutes later he calls says "I can here your buzzers when the ignition is turned on on the cell so electrical is ok so jam the throttle full boar and crank the engine you might have flooded it, keep your hand on the throttle if it starts turn it back down." I crank with the throttle wide open and VROOOOM the thing starts repeat on the other and the other engine starts. He tells me that when I landed the sudden deceleration must of stuck the floats somehow in the carburetors and flooded the motors.(something like that)
Once it's running and all set Phil kindly says "Now get your azz back inside and be careful" Than another pearl off wisdom from the man... he says "Now remember G.L. you dodged one there but like I told you, it's not an anvil don't beat on it like it is".
Had a beautiful rest of the day and that experience kept me honest for the rest of the day after that... you saw me about an hour after that "enjoyable" event at Monty's.
They are changing the oil in it today and I will chalk this up to experience and thanks for Phil and Mother nature to slap me back to reality!!!.
Old 02-16-2004, 01:02 PM
Registered

My Boats: 98 Baja 36 Outlaw

Hey Kurt, Thank you again for letting us crash at your place Friday night. It beat sleeping on the street. Let me know if there is ever anything I can do to repay the generosity.
Old 02-16-2004, 01:20 PM
Registered

My Boats: 1991 41 Apache WarPath!!!

Kurt,
It was fantastic meeting you down here.
Thanks for stopping by my booth.
Have to let me know when your coming down again
Ill hook you up on a ride on a 41 brother man!
Have a good flight back
Talk to you soon

Jason
Old 02-16-2004, 06:41 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: Azimut

Found a pic one of the Donzi boys took from Gilbert's. I know Sydwayz said he has some I think Biggus and Craig223 might have some when they get back to there home base.
Attached Thumbnails
Greetings from Miami!!!!-mvc-012f.jpg