Unbeleaveable Navy contract!!! >

Unbeleaveable Navy contract!!!

Notices

Unbeleaveable Navy contract!!!

Old 02-25-2004, 02:54 PM
BK
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did any other companies get the chance to bid?
Old 02-25-2004, 03:55 PM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Originally posted by Iggy
Audio is right, the government quality inspector will perform an inspection on a certain number of parts and that quantity is based on the total quantity presented for inspection. Of those he inspects only a certain number can contain defects. If that quantity is exceeded the entire lot is rejected and sent back for 100% inspection by the vendor. Any bad parts are to be replaced, remade, repaired or reworked at the vendors cost. Before any repair/rework can be performed a written procedure describing how the rework will be performed must be written and approved by the government. If the vendor continually produces nonconforming materials the contract can be pulled and awarded to another vendor.

======
==================
Taht inspection of piece parts by individual part or lots used to be called AQL..(Acceptable Quality Level) where they use an established table and inspection criteria for accept/reject levels////

More importantly ...Are the suppliers/manufacturers ISO 9001 (International Standards Organization) certified..

Ask BajaDaze about that one.....It's so much fun to go throught the certification...

I used to do the certifications....Before I retired that is....

Old 03-01-2004, 10:17 PM
thor of thunder

Question

what would happen to a person or persons obtaining a navy contract,government contract with false information?? or not disclosing certain information about past history?

Old 03-02-2004, 12:26 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I went to the Miami show. We could'nt believe someone would actually PAY to show what crap they built. I own a bodyshop and have never seen such shoddy work. Well, that's our government!
Old 03-02-2004, 05:21 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

...Are the suppliers/manufacturers ISO 9001 (International Standards Organization) certified..

Ask BajaDaze about that one.....It's so much fun to go through the certification...
Funny you should mention it. I'm an ISO internal auditor where I work, among other duties.

what would happen to a person or persons obtaining a navy contract,government contract with false information?? or not disclosing certain information about past history?
Unless they were found guilty of falsifying data on a previous government contract I doubt it matters. Maybe if the company had unpaid judgments the government could force them to pay up before contract award.
A company can produce a shoddy product to be sold to the public, but in a government contract the the finished product must meet the quality standards specified in the contract. Poor quality = no acceptance, which = no shipping, which = no payments.
Old 03-02-2004, 05:38 AM
Registered

I was involved with one of the first batches of HumVee's that were brought to our Marine unit. I was in a 6week course with the factory reps and then was incharge of teaching all the marines in my unit to operate these vehicles, we were told to go out and see what these things can do. We found several items that wouldn't hold up to the strains of military use and they were corrected based on our tests. I assume the same will happen to these boats.
Old 03-02-2004, 07:33 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yep, lots of fun, gdfatha!

Lowest bidder strikes again.

I wonder how they'll fix the little problems when they break in half.
Old 03-02-2004, 09:50 AM
thor of thunder

IGGY, no they don,t have the 9001 cert. the joke is there isn't even a factory,office, or equipment. the design/boat/ molds don't belong to them. they left that little detail out. along with alot more when the app was filled out. It's deep!! any thoughts??

Old 03-02-2004, 09:57 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by thor of thunder
...any thoughts??
I think they're in deep Sh*t.
Old 03-02-2004, 10:23 AM
Gold Member

If that is true I would find it hard to believe that they where actually awarded the contract. Anyone can apply for it, just a matter winning it...

Quick Reply: Unbeleaveable Navy contract!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.