Unbeleaveable Navy contract!!! >

Unbeleaveable Navy contract!!!

Notices

Unbeleaveable Navy contract!!!

Old 03-02-2004, 10:34 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IGGY, no they don,t have the 9001 cert. the joke is there isn't even a factory,office, or equipment. the design/boat/ molds don't belong to them. they left that little detail out. along with alot more when the app was filled out. It's deep!! any thoughts??
I have no idea how they could've been awarded the contract. As far as I know, prior to contract award a team of contract people pay a visit to the production facility to see what they have and if they can perform the work. No facility, no employees = no contract.
Unless they are a subcontractor to another company that was awarded the actual contract. That's different story altogether.
Old 03-02-2004, 12:54 PM
thor of thunder

IGGY, WHAT I SEE IS A SMOKE AND MIRROR TRICK, OR SIMPLE BLOWING SMOKE UP SOMEONES ASS .

Old 03-02-2004, 02:14 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh believe it. They were awarded the contract as the general. Makes no sense to us either.
TS
Old 03-02-2004, 02:56 PM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Iggy
If the contract is "build to print" then the boat is not their design, and the finished item must be correct. If it is their design (or even build to print), a first piece example will be thoroughly, documented and tested by the government prior to approval of production. Either way, a government inspector will inspect all boats, will probably sea trial a couple before he signs off on each batch.
Several times throghout the life of the contract the government will perform audits on costs, material certifications, employee training, documentation and records keeping, as well as many other aspects of the build process.
If they build a product that doesn't measure up, performs poorly, falsification of documents, etc., the government will shut them down in a heart beat and pull the contract. I've seen it happen before.

I know how the system works. I'm employed by a defense contractor and deal with the government on a weekly basis. I also perform specialized testing and inspection on our product.
========================
I worked under the eyes of the GSI (Government Source Inspection) mistique/PIA for 37 years at Lockheed and Litton Guidance & Controls and, as Iggy states, they "WILL" or should I say, should, follow the activities Iggy outlines so well.
When I went to work for DNV (an ISO certification company) we tried to "ADVISE" ALL contractors/clients to replace the words (MAY & WILL) with "SHALL." in all documentation.??? May & WILL are permissive.

There is a clause that requires that the main contractor is responsible for the final results/quality,build to print results/performance even tough the product may be manufactured at an "OFFSITe/sister facility.

I wonder if there is a penalty clause in the contract either for not meeting product quality, schedule or performance documented requirements..
Old 03-02-2004, 10:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use the phrase 'Contractor shall' almost without exception. Yes they can get nailed- if the boiler plate is there. There are also lots of 'hand-outs' to 'disadvantaged contractors'.

Bulldog BSEE,PE
NASA Center Operations
Stennis Space Center