Which 21-24 boat to buy, newbie needs advice from OSO experts >

Which 21-24 boat to buy, newbie needs advice from OSO experts

Notices

Which 21-24 boat to buy, newbie needs advice from OSO experts

Old 02-23-2004, 08:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by masi242
Chuck, welcome to OSO you have come to the right place lots of good people and knowledge. Personally I think you are on the right path. A formula is a great choice sit inside look around inside by far some of the best quality. If you go out an look at some of the boats take lots of pics an compare. If you are not towing to far go for the formula you will be very happy you did.
Which 242 is this? I think there a couple different versions of the 24 formula, right? Any of them come with stand up bolsters? What is the top end on a 24 formula with a 454. I'd like to do 60mph.

Chuck
Old 02-23-2004, 09:14 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Chuck, There is a 242ss which has one back to back seat and driver side bucket seat. The 242ls has 2 bucket sits like mine and there is the 242sr-1 with twin engine an bolsters. I believe you can get them in 242ls as and option. With the 454 mag you will see 60-62mph.

As you can see the fun has just begun, You can also post a thread in the formula section lots of info.
Old 02-23-2004, 10:43 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Chuck, Donzi makes the 22zx which my friend Frank ran before his 26zx and he loved that boat. It ran real good too when he put the supercharger on th 454.
Old 02-23-2004, 10:48 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Frank,
Hi. How have you and your family been? I hope you were referring to me in the NYC run.
Andrew
Old 02-23-2004, 11:43 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Tom A.
Chuck, Donzi makes the 22zx which my friend Frank ran before his 26zx and he loved that boat. It ran real good too when he put the supercharger on th 454.
The 22ZX looks like a nice boat, though I'm 6'4" and cabin access looks a little tight!

Of course excuses like these will "force" me to buy a bigger boat. Decisions, decisions.

Last edited by chuck21401; 02-23-2004 at 11:50 AM.
Old 02-23-2004, 12:20 PM
Registered

Ragtop Love that 61 Chevy. Had one just like it a long time ago . 1969 it was a babe magnet
Old 02-23-2004, 01:56 PM
Registered

Chuck, the other thing, besides a good camera to take pictures with, that I would recomend getting is a hand held GPS unit. This will give you an accurate speed reading on each boat. I would not rely on the factory speedos in the boats because they can be off by as much as 5 to 10 mph. Sometimes high, sometimes low. I would also take a note pad so that you can sit down and compare the different boats later without needing to rely on your memory. As stated earlier, I think that my Baja would be perfect for you or one like it. The only complaint might be that the access to the cuddy is a little tighter than the other boats listed that have full doors. But once inside, it is a deep cuddy and you can sleep two with room for gear and everything else. Trust me on the room for two thing.
Old 02-23-2004, 02:31 PM
Registered

Originally posted by RollWithIt
Chuck, the other thing, besides a good camera to take pictures with, that I would recomend getting is a hand held GPS unit. As stated earlier, I think that my Baja would be perfect for you or one like it. The only complaint might be that the access to the cuddy is a little tighter than the other boats listed that have full doors. But once inside, it is a deep cuddy and you can sleep two with room for gear and everything else. Trust me on the room for two thing.
Yeah, I have a handheld GPS...they are inexpensive these days....great gadget to have. It is a bit early in Maryland to do test drives though. I've already securred a boatel space for the boat (did that today actually) so I'm locked into a 24' boat or less LOA for this season. It was the last slot in the boatel. $149/month which isn't too bad at all....then I'll tow the boat home in October to save on winter storage. I think your boats meets my specs though I'm looking for a different color and something a bit newer. And I agree room for two is a good idea. Always nice to get out of the sun once in a while.
Old 02-23-2004, 02:53 PM
Registered

Originally posted by chuck21401
Yeah, I have a handheld GPS...they are inexpensive these days....great gadget to have. It is a bit early in Maryland to do test drives though. I've already securred a boatel space for the boat (did that today actually) so I'm locked into a 24' boat or less LOA for this season. It was the last slot in the boatel. $149/month which isn't too bad at all....then I'll tow the boat home in October to save on winter storage. I think your boats meets my specs though I'm looking for a different color and something a bit newer. And I agree room for two is a good idea. Always nice to get out of the sun once in a while.
Some Baja colors and graphics can be down right hideous,,, thankfully mine is the 25th edition and has a nice dark blue and light blue swooosh down the side, very tame and attractive..
Old 02-23-2004, 03:07 PM
Registered

Thanks for the consideration. I happen to like my colors. Sure, its a little miami vice like but its kinda cool that way. And for age, sure, its an 88. But, Baja used the same hull, deck, interior in the 24 outlaw up to 96 when they put a step in it. the only differences is I believe the newer ones had a fiberglass floor instead of wood, not sure on that though. Also, they have fiberglass fairing instead of plexiglass, one rail on center of deck instead of two and they put the radio and cup holders in the dash area. Otherwise its the same boat. Good luck with what ever you decide on.

Quick Reply: Which 21-24 boat to buy, newbie needs advice from OSO experts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.