CAUTION OSOers!  I got screwed bad! >

CAUTION OSOers! I got screwed bad!

Notices

CAUTION OSOers! I got screwed bad!

Old 02-20-2004, 08:50 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm confused......where did you lose anything???
Old 02-20-2004, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess that makes 4 of us..
Old 02-20-2004, 08:53 AM
Registered

Tim G,

That sucks! I too am confused as to how you lost $3200? Please explain. I'll call ya on lift on Monday.
Old 02-20-2004, 08:54 AM
Registered

I was a little confused when I heard the story from Tim, I will let him fill you in on the details, but bottom line is, the props were not worth the $3200, the guy sent a check for too much $$$$, props only sold for $800 or so. Just dont want people making up thoeries all day if Tim doesnt come back this morning to explain.
Old 02-20-2004, 08:56 AM
Registered

Originally posted by rchevelle71
I was a little confused when I heard the story from Tim, I will let him fill you in on the details, but bottom line is, the props were not worth the $3200, the guy sent a check for too much $$$$, props only sold for $800 or so. Just dont want people making up thoeries all day if Tim doesnt come back this morning to explain.

This info doesn't help.... very confusing story.. unless I should be riding the short bus..
Old 02-20-2004, 08:58 AM
Registered

Beware of any cashiers checks from someone you do not know. They are being counterfeited just like regular checks. It is a very widely used scam these days especially from over seas. Also if anyone sends you a cashiers check but wants you to send them some money back, likely the check is no good. It's a form of the infamous Nigerian check scam.

If you deposit the check to your account but the fed won't clear it because the bank does not exist or the check is a fake, or it is returned by the issuing bank in the correct amount of time the money comes back out of your account.

The question in this case is how did the bank verify funds and what statements were made to you. A competent bank will not comment on whether a check you are depositing is good or not because they don't know if it is forged, even if it is drawn on them.

In this day and age you must be careful with any financial transactions. I could tell stories and stories of what we see.
Old 02-20-2004, 09:19 AM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My wife works at the bank, and told me international
checks like that take 2 weeks to clear, no matter if its a cashiers or not. And they can stop payment its difficult
but they do have to have the money in the bank on there side. unless its a forged cashiers check.
There is even some good looking money orders too
that are fakes. Be aware and wait till it clears before shipping anything.
Old 02-20-2004, 09:29 AM
Registered

I'm still in the back of the bus on this one !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-20-2004, 09:33 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Troutly
Sooooo don't tell me Tim sent the guy the cash difference in return in the form of a good check....
If so that scam has been around for a while now
Old 02-20-2004, 09:43 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My friend had a car for sale for $2500. It was a collectors project car, and the guy oversees told him he had been wanting one for awhile, sent him a cashiers check for $8000, and told him it was enough to cover shipping oversees and a little for his time. I saw the check and it wasnt even a good fake. Everything was blurry and it said VOID on the back (like when you make a copy of it) Anyways, he still took it to the bank and they said it was fake. The guy persisted on getting his money for a couple of weeks.

He almost sent the car out---scary stuff. He should have shipped it, and went over with it, and kicked the $hit out of the guy when he got there. almost worth it

Quick Reply: CAUTION OSOers! I got screwed bad!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.