What breaks on bennet tabs? >

What breaks on bennet tabs?

Notices

What breaks on bennet tabs?

Old 02-20-2004, 05:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What breaks on bennet tabs?

Hi everyone, i have a 24 v hull and i want to get trim tabs, the boat runs about 70 and i run it in lakes only, maybe couple times a year in the ocean, i hear that the bennet tabs break but is this when use offshore on 6' chops or they are just not good period? I read some of the post before but people didnt specified what they were doing when they broke one, i cant see on spending 5 times the money for something that is not gonna make any difference. Dont get me wrong, im not cheap and i would spend the extra money if i really truly need it, but im gonna use the tabs monstly for when i go with the family in a choppy day. Thanks
Old 02-20-2004, 05:53 PM
Registered

I also am considering adding trim tabs to a 20 ft dare I say it here "bowrider". What is everyone's opinion of the bennet vs. lenco? I kinda like the no plumbing of the lenco if they are durable.
Old 02-20-2004, 06:12 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

From all that i have seen....Bennet has incredible customer service ! They have done some amazing things to help customers out with problems.

I would think on the 24....Go with the dual piston and have no worries
Old 02-20-2004, 06:27 PM
Registered

Well, I'll say it, I run bennett single rams on my 30' scarab. I am hard on stuff and break everything as a general rule since childhood. So far, I have slightly bent one plate and other than that, nothing. I will probably buy k-planes next year but it will be for speed of tab movement more than strength. Bennetts are azz slow.

BT
Old 02-20-2004, 06:36 PM
Mr. Demeanor

I havnt broke my Bennets on a haevy 26' Liberator and Ive tried pretty hard.

Old 02-20-2004, 06:47 PM
Registered

im glad you guys have them in big boats, i was planning to ge the dual ram system and for what i hear from you guys it should be ok, with the money i can save versus a kplane i can use it to buy a supercharge. Where do you guys use the boat? ocean or lake?
Old 02-20-2004, 06:50 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally posted by birdog
From all that i have seen....Bennet has incredible customer service ! They have done some amazing things to help customers out with problems.
Their service is on par with Livorsi. I had dual rams on my 28 Nordic and I run in Long Island Sound which can get very snotty, I never had any issues with them. I did have a minor gauge problem and they offered to replace the whole unit for free even though it was out of warrantee!! Go for it and enjoy!!
Old 02-20-2004, 06:53 PM
Registered

look on the board for the martini plate replacements using the bennett rams. I have k-planes but these look great from what I can see.
Old 02-20-2004, 06:54 PM
Registered

I use mine in a bay, but the bay can get very rough and that is when I tend to really push it. I also spend a lot of time flying large cruiser wakes. I always worry a little about the tabs, but never have a prob.

BT
Old 02-20-2004, 07:35 PM
Registered

The customer service is a+++++++ I was going to the milwaukee, wi races last year and had a bad trim pump so no trim tabs I called bennett and spoke to a guy there who sent me one overnight delivery no charge just shipping and handling and I had to send the core back to him. First class service and the guy helped me out no charge!!! The no charge thing is hard to come buy in the boating world. Try a set of the victory tabs I think I'm going that way this summer!!

Quick Reply: What breaks on bennet tabs?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.