Notices

Skidoo sled guys..

Old 02-22-2004, 11:16 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Rforsey
DITCH PICKLE.... I HAVE A DITCH PICKLE.

Last time I wanted to go fast I just called Hooper, turned my ZRT800 into a 1050. run great on pump Gas and put out around 220 hp. this sled had unbelievable top end and run a low 5 second on grass in 500 feet.
a good friend of mine bought the sled and has put tons of miles on it in Canada.
we have seen yellow and black but that was always when we were passing wasn't sure if its was SKI Doo or not...
seriously we have alot of revs on our Lake but they are mostly owned by Women who don't like to feel the bumps, but I feel you need speed to feel a bump.

switch once bought the Viper when it came out. put a hawlk venom kit in it. it had speed but the supension sucked...

thought about buying a rev but bought the ZR900 very happy with the sled nice suspension.

there is a few guys in our area not sure who does there engines but they have awesome Ski Doo drag sleds.
one guys sleds are ungodly he has different drivers. and does low 4's in 500 grass and not sure what he's 660 is on ICE. but he comes out just to show off he will actually tow he sled down to the drag strip so the studs never touch the ground until the ice.....
Is there a translation program for this??? I don't know if it is English... or Canuck? can someone translate???
Old 02-22-2004, 11:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey R, I was really thinking of the ZR 900 for next year or an F9 if they make one. The T Cat should hit 10,000 miles this season and the susp is wipped, even after rebuilding it this year. it is a 2000 so they are not too different but I need less weight.
Old 02-23-2004, 04:19 AM
Registered

Crank Shop or Union Bay
Old 02-23-2004, 05:14 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

R, running a "ditch pickle" 1050 myself, built it from stuff laying around Arctic Adventures shop.Like you said, runs very well!!!! Got a couple of 1108 Hooper kits and last years Pro stock chassis, have to try asphalt this year!! The entire shop crew is going to Old Forge this weekend, Bring them Skippy Doos out on the lake!!
Old 02-23-2004, 07:33 AM
Registered

Originally posted by jaf302
R, running a "ditch pickle" 1050 myself, built it from stuff laying around Arctic Adventures shop.Like you said, runs very well!!!! Got a couple of 1108 Hooper kits and last years Pro stock chassis, have to try asphalt this year!! The entire shop crew is going to Old Forge this weekend, Bring them Skippy Doos out on the lake!!
let us know how the weekend was it should be some good riding. I have done anything to the 900 yet buy am thinking about it for next year.

Last edited by Rforsey; 02-23-2004 at 10:25 AM.
Old 02-23-2004, 07:51 AM
Registered

Mitchstellin,
the 2000 T is what I had before I bought the Viper, it was lighter then the old ZR T and we mostly rode in Canada so it was smooth and Flat. there is a big difference in the 900 suspension it is an awesome ride like riding a 98 or 99 ZR 600 with alot more power handles really well in the corners and is alot lighter then the T
we thought about the F7 our selfs because in the drag they are right there with us depends who gets the hole shot. and alot of the time that is with Kell even on the back. on the F7 everyone tells me that they are tipsy in the corners and are really light. I like a little more weight because Kell rides with me and I like the extra handling and weight for the corner's..
either way you can't go wrong.
Old 02-23-2004, 10:01 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Travis..
the number to call is 603-253-6688 this guy has been a force to recon with in the grass drags knows the tricks to make a real go fast sled... again his name is Chuck Dasilvia
hope this helps
Bob

Last edited by blownincome; 02-23-2004 at 10:03 AM.
Old 02-23-2004, 12:20 PM
Registered

Thanks R, I just think the front is too heavy and it is killing me. I like the new ride position of the REV and I hear Polaris is also introducing one in 05 so I am leaving it all open. I stopped buying AC clothing and have a Riema jacket and bibs so I can switch teams if I want. I just don't want to pay 10gs for a new sled.
Old 02-23-2004, 12:41 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Mitch-I saw a brochure from Polaris on their new "REV" copy. The sled looked just like a Ski-Doo, just in Polaris colors. Even if the system doesn't work, everybody will be copying it. If they don't, in a year or two, their sleds will look out of date.
Old 02-23-2004, 12:45 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what the hell is a "ditch pickle"?

Quick Reply: Skidoo sled guys..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.