Notices

pics from miami poker run

Old 02-24-2004, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i took around 100 pics total this weekend. just got home this morning. i'll be posting them later tonight.
Old 02-24-2004, 11:21 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Nauti Kitty
Nice pics Brandon Did we meet?

If only I had a pic of you and a female companion attempting the very difficult task of walking between the two sides of the exit gate at the tikki bar at 2 am. The thing looked like it was only 6 or 7 feet wide.

Anyone heading to the Keys this week be rest assured that now that cigracer and glh have gone home, all of the bars will have restocked on special emergency runs by Wendsday. Feel free to resume normal alchoholic consumption.

BTW I would have preferred going to shooters with you hung over versus my 21 hour drive. Maybe in March. NK
LOL. So.........many..........shots.........cough....co ugh...
Old 02-24-2004, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

need vid help

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...649#post871649
Old 02-24-2004, 01:55 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Don't know how to tell you all.....

There is a destiny that makes us brothers;
None goes his way alone:
All that we send into the lives of others
Comes back into our own.
-EDWIN MARKHAM, A CREED

I read this in a magazine on the flight home yesterday. And I think that it helped clarify many of my thoughts and emotions of the wonderful weekend past.

It was the best, simply put.
Just the very best that any man could have asked for.
A couple of very special thank you's go out to Jay and Jeanette Anderson and Tony and Mona Mondazze. Our hosts for the Miami Boat Show Poker Run . You all went way above and beyond the call in making this a truly magical event.

Lickle, what a coincidence it was to see you yelling at me as we came in to dock. To look you in the eyes and say Thank You was the greatest feeling. You know how I feel. I owe you more than words can ever say.

Ed and Shelley Wold, I hate to tell you but your part of the "gang" now. Meeting you and starting to get to know the both of you was a highlight for Angela and I as well as the rest of our assorted irregulars. We hope to see you again soon. (Don't worry Ed we'll stick you with the whole check next time you newbie)

Jim and Patti kirkland, Gerry Santiago, Craig, Miguel Sanz, Mike Friedman and crew (This even includes you Paulie), Jim Lee, and Terry and Melissa Sobo, it's always great seeing old friends again and this weekend was no different. You all are the best and a great representation as to what the club is all about.

Brandon, G.L., Dreamer, and Cowisl, soooo good to finally get a chance to put faces with the names. You all were terriffic and I must say, Brandon you really had that Top Gun walking and talking Saturday on the run back from Hawks. I feel sorry for your XR's but that run was definitely one of the highlights of the weekend for me. Keep up the Good Work you Cigarette Secret Serviceman.

Greek Lightning, big ups to you dude. Thanks to your timely "save" on Sunday at Gilberts. I completed the Cigarette Trifecta. I started the weekend Friday with Tony on his 38 Top Gun w/575's. Moved over Saturday to Jay's 42 Tiger XP w/875 Sterlings. and thanks to you on Sunday completed the Trifecta by coming back in your 46 Rough Rider with triple 575's. Thanks again for the lift. you all were great, and remind the "man of the sand" to stay out of the water. That story was priceless.

Parnell, and the rest of the Grand Rapids gang. you guys are the greatest. I owe you many thanks for your friendship and kindnesses over the years.
Parn, the new rig is fantastic and your gonna regret offering Angela and I a ride in it, 'cause we're gonna take you up on that. But even more your Friendship, Humor and just plain good 'ol guy actions are truly inspiring. Running with you all to Hawks was great and hanging out the weekend was the icing on the cake.
I am still laughing my ass off over your understated thoughts regarding this weekend for me. DUH!
And since your PM box is full as usual, here is the info. you asked for:

The Website: www.thestatus.com
patient name: Shin
password: 38topgun

Stu and Jackie, Congratulations on that new boy. Angela and I wish all you the very best.
You have created a terriffic club whose members have enriched my life beyond belief. Thanks so much and I look forward to seeing you all again soon.

I don't know how soon I'll be back on the board, But hopefully it won't be too long.
Honestly, the last weekend was one for the ages.
No rain, lots of sun and a gatering of the best people one could ever ask for. I am so grateful.
I'll never forget this one that's for sure.

You are all the best and I have nothing but thanks and gratitude for the memories.
Hope and pray to see you all soon,

Rob..

p.s. Now I truly know what Lou Gehrig felt like when he addressed the crowd at Yankee Stadium with the words,
"...I feel like the luckiest man on the face of the Earth."
I know that because of all of you, I am.
Old 02-24-2004, 02:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

That was one weekend to remember. It was great meeting all of you!
Old 02-24-2004, 02:05 PM
Registered

Rob,
Thanks a lot, now I have a puddle of tears on my desk.
Very well said.
Always a pleasure to see you and Angela.
You are a class act.
TS
Old 02-24-2004, 03:27 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Wow Rob. Thank you so much for the invite on Saturday to come run and hang with your crew. There is absolutely no way to describe the fun I had last weekend hangin with all of you.

Good luck with everything, see you soon.

-Brandon
Old 02-24-2004, 06:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by cigracer38
Wow Rob. Thank you so much for the invite on Saturday to come run and hang with your crew. There is absolutely no way to describe the fun I had last weekend hangin with all of you.

Good luck with everything, see you soon.

-Brandon
Ditto Rob.
All the best. See you soon.

Parnell
Old 02-24-2004, 07:48 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Rice Hauler, you are in our prayers and we will see you soon in the new Rice Hauler VI. We also offer a ride in a Vintage Cig. Jimmy and Patty Kirkland.
Old 03-08-2004, 03:14 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default It's official, I'm still alive.

Zero Patience,
Jim and Patty,
I got your card today in the mail and thought that it was so very appropriate.
It's great to be able to finally get to the keyboard again. and Not have an I.V. sticking out of my arm or a nurse chasing me back to my room.
The Surgery was a total success. But the Rehab back will definitely be a long one. Docs predict 6- mos. to a year for full recovery.
I'm eating lot's of Rice so maybe we can cut that down a bit. But while I'm finally home and have nothing else to do I thought that I'd fire up the old scanner and remind you all what a great time it really was.
Attached Thumbnails pics from miami  poker run-scan0010.jpg  

Quick Reply: pics from miami poker run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.