Notices

Boycott Houston Propeller

Old 02-23-2004, 11:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, I will call tomorrow a.m. and delete my post for now.
Old 02-23-2004, 11:19 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Old 02-24-2004, 01:17 AM
Banned

Default REPLY TO DARIN.

DARIN, I ORIGINALLY SPOKE WITH YOU ON 2-3 ABOUT THE PROPS AND ASKED YOU ALOT OF QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW THEY MIGHT PERFORM, AND TOLD YOU I WAS GOING TO RUN THE BOAT THE NEXT WEEK TO CHECK PERFORMANCE AFTER THE CHILLERS AND NEW ECM'S WERE INSTALLED TO REPORT TO YOU THE INCREASE IN POWER AND RPM LIMITER. I CALLED YOU LAST MONDAY AND SAID I WAS READY TO BUY AND WAS SENDING MY CURRENT PROPS TO YOU SO YOU COULD CHECK THEM TO MAKE SURE YOU KNEW HOW TO COMPARE THEM AND GET THE RIGHT PITCH ON THE NEW 5 BLADES. I SAID I WANTED YOUR BEST PRICE AND YOU HESITATED FOR A MINUTE AND I SAID I WANT THEM LABBED TO AND YOU SAID QUOTE WITH SHIPPING INCLUDED 1800$ YOU WOULD DO THEM FOR AND THAT WAS ABOUT YOUR COST BECAUSE YOU USUALLY GET 1800 NOT LABBED AND ANOTHER 700 TO LAB NORMALLY BUT WANTED A SET ON THE 40 AT LOTO TO SEE HOW THEY WOULD PERFORM AND YOU AGREED THAT SENDING MY PROPS WOULD BE GREAT. THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT WAS SAID ON OUR PHONE CALL. I KNOW SOMETHING BIG TIME MUST OF CHANGED ON YOUR THOUGHTS, BUT I WAS SHOCKED WHEN YOU EMAILED ME ABOUT A 900$ INCREASE. THIS IS THE HONEST FACTS OF OUR PHONE CALL. NOT GOING TO SAY ANOTHER WORD LIKE EVERYONE HAS SAID BUT THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT YOU TOLD ME AND JUST WANT TO KNOW WHY YOU TOLD ME THIS PRICE THEN DID'NT HONOR IT? JUST RESPOND AND I'LL FORGET ABOUT IT ALL. FAIR ENOUGH EVERYONE. I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST DARIN OR HOUSTON, HE WAS ALWAYS NICE TO ME ON PHONE, BUT HIS EMAIL JUST SHOCKED ME BECAUSE I ALWAYS HONOR WHAT PRICE I QUOTE MY CUSTOMERS, EITHER AT MY COST OR SOMETIMES BELOW MY COST.
Old 02-24-2004, 05:51 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yo trader dude, chill will the CAPS LOCK!
Old 02-24-2004, 06:05 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't think there was enough thought of trying to work things out before airing it out in public. 1 email back and forth before after the last phone conversation should have led to a phone call about the appearant misunderstanding. Good Luck
Old 02-24-2004, 06:34 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Miscommunication has hurt alot of reputations in the world. Would I boycott Darin? NO WAY He is a good guy and I have had good dealings with him. This is the first time I've heard anything negative about him and there have been at least 100 positive things posted about him and HIS GREAT WORK. Slamming him after one email is BS

As much work as Darin does for people on this sight, I'm sure that he is smart enough not to try and wiggle you out of $900 (had to say it) What would he gain by doing that?

Craig
Old 02-24-2004, 07:01 AM
Registered

caps lock...........

my ears hurt
Old 02-24-2004, 07:02 AM
Registered

Hard for any of us to say what happened, only the two individuals involved would really know. An accusation was made, and the reply, to me at least, seemed more than plausible. Apparently, from what I am reading here, the first set, and only the first set, was offered at "X" amount of money, and if the set was purchased before the "accuser" purchased his set, I would say, "you snooze, you lose". All of the above based simply on what I have read on this thread.

I am a contractor, and I do 95% of my communications with customers via e-mail or cell phone, so I have records of the conversations. As it is illegal to tape a phone conversation without someones consent, e-mail works wonderfully. Can't argue about what is sitting in front of you in black and white.

Last edited by Formula Outlaw; 02-24-2004 at 07:05 AM.
Old 02-24-2004, 07:09 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've heared nothing but good this about Dain until today he fixed a couple props for me last fall great job great price!
Old 02-24-2004, 07:16 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

H-Prop will still be getting my three props when my engines are ready to go back in!!!!

Quick Reply: Boycott Houston Propeller

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.