Notices

Florida

Old 02-24-2004, 03:26 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Keys are definitely worth a trip, but it's hard to mix it in with going anywhere else.

I'm serious about pulling a boat up to the Suwannee if you would like to see it. It'd probably be my CC though, the props for it aren't nearly as expensive.

Give me an idea of your time constraints and if you are driving in and I'll give you directions on how to get anywhere in the state.
Old 02-24-2004, 03:29 PM
Registered

Received 1,827 Likes on 716 Posts
Default Ft.Myers area

My last few trips doing doing our re-con missions preparing to relocate have been in the Ft.Myers area.
Half dozen bars on the beach at (Ft.Myers Beach as opposed to Ft.Myers) on the strip.
Will be rowdy with spring beak and scantly clad young ladies
Go straight west of Ft.Myers over to Cayo Costa Island, Sanibelle, Capitiva and about two hundred more too small to list/name all through out the inter costal.
The most beautiful beaches you will ever see!!
We took a little 100 MPH O/B rocket boat (OMC powe'd)with us last time and it was calm enough to chase some Merc test/endurance Velocitys out into the Gulf!!
The Caloosahatchee (sp?) River runs North right out of the Gulf and has bars/restaurants along the entrance.
You can keep going north about as far as you want.
(as some one said though, locks)
The east coast is just as nice too. Freagin barrier islands all the way around the state!!
Gary

Last edited by Twin O/B Sonic; 02-24-2004 at 03:31 PM.
Old 02-24-2004, 03:39 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Well...what we want to do is go down early next year and see the Miami boat show. Between the show and the cruise we'll have roughly a week to burn. Now, cuda if you go making offers like that I'm bound to hold you to them!
Old 02-24-2004, 03:44 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Cord
Well...what we want to do is go down early next year and see the Miami boat show. Between the show and the cruise we'll have roughly a week to burn. Now, cuda if you go making offers like that I'm bound to hold you to them!
It's still quite cold in N Florida in early February. I'll have to plan a warmer itinerary for you.

I wouldn't hesitate to go up to the river to meet you. I love it up there. I kept a travel trailer there at a fish camp for years, that's where I met Debbie. As a matter of fact, we took a cruise on the river on our first date.
Old 02-24-2004, 04:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by cuda
It's still quite cold in N Florida in early February. I'll have to plan a warmer itinerary for you.

It might be cold for you, and I, but 50* is warm for someone from WI!!!!!
Old 02-24-2004, 04:10 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Heck yea! Actually, I only remember it freezing twice when I was younger, so it's always been warm enough for us. I had figured that south Florida would much warmer than Tampa.
Old 02-24-2004, 04:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Cord
Heck yea! Actually, I only remember it freezing twice when I was younger, so it's always been warm enough for us. I had figured that south Florida would much warmer than Tampa.
Sure is(well, sometimes), mid 80's today, sunny, with a breeze. But New Years Day in Sarasota was a Sunny 80* also.
Old 02-24-2004, 04:19 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Ohhh.....
Old 02-24-2004, 04:22 PM
Registered

RollWithIt has it right.......check out Choppers Inc. Billy Lane is a "character" to say the least.
Old 02-24-2004, 08:25 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with CUDA do something natural bikes and bars you can get plenty of in WS Go get laid on a dive boat on your way out to pennekamp coral reef and dive it that makes bikes look so insignificant

Quick Reply: Florida

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.