Notices

need a boat transported

Old 02-29-2004, 06:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need a boat shipped from Long Island to Jupiter Fl. 30 feet 5000 lbs. What should I expect to pay ?
Thanks
Jack
Old 02-29-2004, 06:18 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Seems like the going rate is $1.50 per mile
Old 02-29-2004, 06:36 PM
hugonb

As of the "Going Rate". That is the problem. If a carrier has to come pick your boat up, then deliver it, then that could be the going rate. If he has just delivered one and you are on the way back to his home base, then you will take advantage of his back haul, thus lower rate. That is where we come in. You submit a request, and get bids from all over. The shipper is a winner and the carrier is a winner.

105mph_38_2003,

Our site is designed for Car, Boat, Motor Cycle, and Heavy Equipment. We are currently enrolling carriers for ALL of the above.

The reason this thing even came about is exactly what you are seeing here! I bought a 69 Mach 1, had to have it shipped. Searched the web, got quotes from Crazy to Rediculous, and the pickup and delivery dates were even worse. I then sold that car to a guy in Buffalo NY. He had the same problem.

I then sold my boat to a guy in South Carolina. Same problem. Then I bought a boat in Florida. Same problem.

There is no way for the average guy like us to go and find out how and what to pay for this stuff. I am in the software business and came up with this. It is the same concept as Ebay, Eloan, Lending Tree, etc.

YOU Request, YOU receive bids, YOU decide. We are wanting to get enough carriers where we can help them get back-hauls, other shipments, and at the same time, save shippers money, and hassle.

Like I said, we have only had our site up for 3 days, and we are getting carriers enrolled. We have to do this because no carriers, no bids. After a month we hope to turn it over to shippers.

Auto dealers around Texas have helped us Beta test and they are foaming at the mouth to get this thing up and running. They have the same problem as we do.

Thanks and let me know if I can help in any way.

Old 02-29-2004, 06:52 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

How long before you get this up and running? I need to get something put together for an April 1st pickup date - any chance of that happening??
Old 02-29-2004, 07:14 PM
hugonb

Splash,

I dont know at this point. Like I said, I dont want to turn it on to shippers until we have enough carriers to give good bids. The last thing we want is to have a bunch of shipment request and not enough carriers to give good competitive quotes.

That is what we are striving for mainly, is to get enough carriers on our network to give our shippers good, and competitive bids.

If we dont have it on line before the first, please keep us in mind later. I would love to say yes, but at this point it is really hard to say.

Thanks alot.

Old 02-29-2004, 07:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hugeonb, brilliant idea you have. We own 14 trucks andlease out about 60 more as of last Friday so I have trucks nationwide. I think your site will be a great help to everyone

As far as our trucks go we won't load a big rig for less than $1.50/mile...About $1.20 for a dually to haul. The problem I have run into is some guys want my kind of service, but at the rate of an uninsured person that just tows for a few extra bucks.

I had a call last week from a guy who went with Joe Schmo with a dually to save $300. His boat never showed up and the state troopers called him about his boat being abandoned in a parking lot. The driver took a corner to sharp and kissed a pole with the boat. The trailer also had some damage so it was more than likely in 2 seperate incidents. Also the guy had no insurance and no legal recourse since he was basically towing as a "favor to a friend". He never met the guy but told me he was really nice and came highly recommended. I hate to hear stories like this but they do happen and a few hundred dollars saved turns into several thousand in repairs...Not to mention not having the boat for a few more months.
Old 02-29-2004, 08:00 PM
hugonb

105mph_38_2003

You are just the kind of company we are looking for. When a carrier signs up to our site (Any carrier can go to www.shipmyride.com and do so), we do NOT activate their account until we call them, talk to them, and receive a proof of insurance from them. So no insurance, no dice. It is better for us also, as well as the shipper. Please consider enrolling. We need as many national guys as we can get. It is really going to be good for everyone.

Thanks for your posts...

Old 03-01-2004, 10:37 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

becca I have to make a last minute trip down to straighten things out with my tennants, I will take it for 1900.
Old 03-01-2004, 12:11 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I sent you a PM.
Get back to me.