Notices

Pick up bed covers

Old 03-01-2004, 11:02 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally posted by Strip Poker 388
I talked to Magill's boss and complained about him lying to me . He said what difference does it make the ck is on the way.I even talked to Lisa Gaylord She said Magill does his job good . i guess he save's her money being paid out.? I think Magill's job is to wear down the costumers thinking he will say to the hell with it and give up .From what I hear this seems common for this Business. I bought it from Autobahn in Atlanta and talked to them for help ,Warranty non existent. they also have problems with Magill, they told me to talk to Lisa but be nice to her . Nice is what took me 4 months to get something done . Magill is a Liar. I wonder how much bad publicity out of one costumer will do any harm As much time I spend on the computer surfing sites . I can redirect some of my time doing as much damage as possible All the truck forums.

Buck I should have listened to you in the beginning and bought it locally. But I did not expect to have a problem out of a 1450.00 cover

GAYLORD
I hate to hear that Strip. One thing about buying something locally....you can look a man in the eyes if you have a problem.

I think what bothers me more is the fact that you paid that much for it. They raped you! If I charged a penny over $895 for that Gaylord cover I would never sell one.

Let me know if I can do anything for you on my end.

Buck
Old 03-01-2004, 11:11 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by buck183
I hate to hear that Strip. One thing about buying something locally....you can look a man in the eyes if you have a problem.

I think what bothers me more is the fact that you paid that much for it. They raped you! If I charged a penny over $895 for that Gaylord cover I would never sell one.

Let me know if I can do anything for you on my end.

Buck
Was 895 price was for the standard one???

I bought the x 2000 Painted with the special stainless hinge system . Paid 999.00 which included 100 shipping.
everybody here was not a WD with them and where getting it from Keystone warehouse . They said there cost thru Keystone was 1250-1350.

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 03-01-2004, 11:24 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Strip,

You are correct. The X2000 is a higher priced model. Wasn't considering that one. I have never sold one so I don't know what cost is on them. I do purchase a lot of my inventory from Keystone. From the dealer's view, they can be hard to deal with when it comes to warranties on items like that. I actually stopped doing any special orders through Keystone due to lack of customer service from the vendors when special ordering products. I don't mind paying a little more for a product elsewhere when I know I'm taken care of it there's a problem.

I actually found a local warehouse that carries Gaylords so I could get better service for the customer and avoid situations like yours.

My fist choice for the customer will always be Leer, but the Gaylord's look is much cleaner IMO. I can easily see why one would want one.

If things haven't been worked out yet let me know. I have no problem getting with Keystone and Gaylord's both. I have found that sarcasm goes much further than anger with these companies. I mean hell, what are they gonna do? Take my birthday away?

EDIT...I just re-read your post. You didn't get it from Keystone. I'm an idiot.

Buck
Old 03-01-2004, 11:25 PM
blownboat

Wink

I have a pace edwards bed locker (electric hard rolling cover) never had a problem in 2 years. It is great!!!

Old 03-01-2004, 11:51 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Originally posted by buck183
Strip,

You are correct. The X2000 is a higher priced model. Wasn't considering that one. I have never sold one so I don't know what cost is on them. I do purchase a lot of my inventory from Keystone. From the dealer's view, they can be hard to deal with when it comes to warranties on items like that. I actually stopped doing any special orders through Keystone due to lack of customer service from the vendors when special ordering products. I don't mind paying a little more for a product elsewhere when I know I'm taken care of it there's a problem.

I actually found a local warehouse that carries Gaylords so I could get better service for the customer and avoid situations like yours.

My fist choice for the customer will always be Leer, but the Gaylord's look is much cleaner IMO. I can easily see why one would want one.

If things haven't been worked out yet let me know. I have no problem getting with Keystone and Gaylord's both. I have found that sarcasm goes much further than anger with these companies. I mean hell, what are they gonna do? Take my birthday away?

EDIT...I just re-read your post. You didn't get it from Keystone. I'm an idiot.

Buck

Buck the one Bajabob has looks close to a Gaylord. I wonder if its fiberglass?

I was washing mine the other day and tried walking on it and it did not flex [barefoot], I was surprised. Stronger than I thought .Looks and the Hinge system was the only reason bought it. Keystone said just the hinge was 385.00.Just wish I had better experience with them .life is to short to put up with this crap.
Attached Thumbnails Pick up bed covers-thursday-april-24-2003-image-7-.jpg  

Old 03-02-2004, 07:52 AM
Charter Member #319
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Buck the one Bajabob has looks close to a Gaylord. I wonder if its fiberglass?

I was washing mine the other day and tried walking on it and it did not flex [barefoot], I was surprised. Stronger than I thought .Looks and the Hinge system was the only reason bought it. Keystone said just the hinge was 385.00.Just wish I had better experience with them .life is to short to put up with this crap.

The undercover is not a fiberglass cover it is made of plastic not sure of the material but it is very strong and light it also has a hinged system.

www.versacover.com
Old 03-02-2004, 07:59 AM
Registered

Thumbs up Roll n Lock

I have had a Roll n Lock for five years.
I never had any problems.
It has excellent theft resistance.
Old 03-02-2004, 08:00 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Bob is it paintable???

Old 03-02-2004, 08:24 AM
Charter Member #319
Charter Member

Bob is it paintable???
Not sure, but if you go to the web site I posted give them a call I talked to the owner he will be glad to answer any questions you may have
Old 03-02-2004, 08:26 AM
Charter Member #319
Charter Member

Bob is it paintable???
just found your answer

Is the cover paintable?
Our cover can be easily painted, as traditional automotive finishes will adhere very well to the surface of the cover. HOWEVER, we do not offer painted covers as it is EXTREMELY rare for a customer to paint the cover primarily because the surface of the cover is coated in a very expensive GELOY (made by GE Plastics) which not only looks great, but it can handle the elements. Please read more about GELOY in the first question of this section "What is the cover made of?" The bottom line is that painting over the GELOY surface would be the equivalent of painting over a ceramic tile floor, a formica countertop, or painting over vinyl siding. Can it be done? You bet! However, it is very rare that this is done as you by painting this type of surface, you give up the durability of being able to walk, or work on this surface without scratching it. Painting not only adds a great deal of cost to the cover, but it requires maintenance as paint cracks are also inevitable in any cover that flexes to some degree (virtually every fiberglass cover has hairline cracks in the paint). Some people order the cover with the intention of painting it themselves once they get it. However, once they get the cover on their truck and they see how good it looks, it is extremely rare that they ever go through with painting the cover. Because of its low profile and the fact that the black finish matches all the other black trim of your truck so, "IT LOOKS FACTORY!" - much more so than a fiberglass cover that is custom painted and everyone knows is aftermarket! The matte black color matches all trim like your plastic side rail covers, tailgate protectors, body side moldings, window trim, tires, etc. In today's truck world, when you see a painted tonneau cover, it really states to the world that you have an "aftermarket" product on your truck! Trucks that offer Factory Installed Tonneau Covers like the Cadillac Escalade, the Chevrolet Avalance and the Ford Explorer Sport Trac, have covers that are "factory installed" and are typically matte black (or dark gray) to match the trim pieces of the truck, and these covers are never painted. In a nutshell, people do not paint their cover because: 1) IT LOOKS FACTORY INSTALLED! - It's completely flat, and much more sleek in profile than more bulkier fiberglass covers! 2) THE COVER IS UV RESISTANT - This product is virtually unaffected by UV Ray as a painted surface would be. 3) THE COVER MATCHES EVERY TRUCK - The matte black color matches all trim (very similar in color to a vinyl top). 4) There is typically NO SHIPPING DAMAGE - Due to the super-tough mar resistant finish, shipping damage is virtually eliminated! 5) THE COVER WILL NOT SCRATCH - The same super-tough mar resistant finish is very resistant to scratches! You cannot say that about painted fiberglass covers! 6) EXCESSIVE HANDLING will not harm this cover! As it is not painted and it has the super-tough mar resistant finish, you shouldn't think twice about removing and re-installing the cover!

Quick Reply: Pick up bed covers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.