Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Fountain fastest production boat >

Fountain fastest production boat

Notices

Fountain fastest production boat

Old 03-05-2004, 09:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Reggie left APBA because of MA sand bagging Fountains for winning all the time...
Old 03-05-2004, 10:20 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Later & Fever Mike,

You want to talk about crying and getting your panties in a bunch, We defend our boats, and our boat builder.

Later, you bring up a good point, however you missed the mark. Mike purchased an entire company so thay he could add the technologie to his arsenal. Unlike Reggie, who borrowed somebody else's technology to build a select few race boats. The difference is that epoxy or Vinylester, they are both boats that a person can have built by the OL factory.

You are a fountain guy, why don't you try to order a boat with the same lay-up schedule as the rio rose, it is not available. Mike's boat (XXX) is available to anybody willin to pay for the extra cost in materials. In fact it is an official model designated as the 47 GT_XXX option.

The bottom line is please come upwith a more intelligent response than "OL guys getting their panties in a bunch" We defend our boats just as mutch as our boat builder. Unlike fountain every OL guy has Mike's home Phone #, and his personel cell phone. We defend a small boat builder who re-invests money, blood, sweat. tears, and heart & soul into making sure that those of us who are willing to pay for his product, get what we are paying for.

I do take offense to those of you who take some friendly ribbing and turn it into a full blown pissing match. The facts don't lie, Reggie will cheat, lie and steal if he has to to win. That is not the OL way, I will re-attach the photo of the OL factory crew servicing the boat Regie ran in the Sarasota fall poker run. FYI That is Paul Fiore in the front, and Mike Fiore in the Bilge
Attached Thumbnails Fountain fastest production boat-fntn.jpg  
Old 03-05-2004, 12:09 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

To me it seems like Fiore and Fountain are in their own race, not to see who's fastest on the water but who will be the first to meet Don Aronow. Let's face it... where is it going to stop. Don't get me wrong, last summer I was running 84 mph and now I'm upgrading the motor again (90 would be nice) but our sport is not about top speed. Offshore racing, poker Runs, etc. is based on consistant running speed not top end. Motor longevity is another item. If a motor has to be torn down every 20 hours is that a legitimate pleasure boat. Just some thoghts.

Anyone got any popcorn left.