Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Personal Liability Umbrella (Insurance) Policies (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/73196-personal-liability-umbrella-insurance-policies.html)

jafo 03-04-2004 10:14 AM

We've had one with American Family since we purchased our home in '87. It was strongly recommended to us by our agent (a friend of ours as well) because we have an inground pool and waterfront on the river which were both viewed as possible liabilities. American Family insures all of our vehicles, boats, and properties.
I think the coverage is now at 3 million; not sure of the cost- one of the advantages of having a spouse that's a CPA is I don't have to write the bills:D , I just ask whether I have any money or not (and permission, of course:p )

NOT!:D

Sydwayz 03-04-2004 10:15 AM

Originally posted by craig223
Dude!!!

When was the last earthquake in South Carolina?:crazy: :crazy:

Yeah Craig, but when was the last one in the DC area? About 4 or 5 weeks ago. :D :eek:

As a matter of fact... I was sitting in my State Farm Agent's secretary's office when it happened.

Macklin 03-04-2004 11:00 AM

I have $1M coverage through Travelers for about $150/year. (Stupid cheap for the peace of mind.) The only other policy I currenty have with them is auto.

Jan 03-04-2004 11:08 AM

Originally posted by craig223
Dude!!!

When was the last earthquake in South Carolina?:crazy: :crazy:

One of the most active faults in the Country runs from Charleston thru Columbia. Columbia and its surrounding area had 600 tremors last year. I know this because I work at a Nuke plant ,we have detection equipment everywhere around the site.

Insurance is for just in case, right?

Jan

OldSchool 03-04-2004 11:14 AM

Originally posted by Jan
One of the most active faults in the Country runs from Charleston thru Columbia. Columbia and its surrounding area had 600 tremors last year. I know this because I work at a Nuke plant ,we have detection equipment everywhere around the site.

Insurance is for just in case, right?

Jan

WOW, I didn't know that!!!

Are you all warming up down there? It's going to be 75 here tommorrow!!!

32fever 03-04-2004 11:16 AM

Does this help reduce premiums on anything else insured (ie. will it reduce your auto cause you have other liability coverage then, etc)? Or is it just additional insurance/piece of mind?

I'd like to get sued for "everything I own". I need help making the payments on all of it anyway. :D:D:D

Von Bongo 03-04-2004 11:44 AM

SF made me change my liability coverage on my autos when I got my umbrella policy. But as my agent said...you have enough assets now you can't afford to be without more liability coverage.

I think I pay around $175 or so a year for it.

BajaRunner 03-04-2004 12:17 PM

I just called SF for 1million vs 2 million, ill see where they come out. Ive never heard of this. and they have never recommended it.

BajaRunner 03-04-2004 12:17 PM

Originally posted by Von Bongo

I think I pay around $175 or so a year for it.

1mil or 2?

Scarab105 03-04-2004 12:44 PM

its great if you have wild kids too.