Notices

Boycott Mobil And Exxon

Old 03-08-2004, 09:35 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Reed Jensen
I say we start drilling in the wilderness area of Alaska where we have oil reserves that are only second to the entire middle east. Then stop sending to Japan what oil we get from the Alaska pipeline. Let them buy the overpriced middle east crude.. We need to start worrying about America's problems instead of worrying what is happening in the rest of the world.

Sounds great, you want to deal with the tree huggers? Enviromentalists are a huge reason Alaska hasn't been tapped.
Old 03-08-2004, 09:45 PM
BK
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's not drillling that is the problem, it's taking the crude and refining it and producing enough to fill our needs after it gets drilled that is the problem.

They had a lady (Karen Matusic) on CSPAN the other night explaining that the amount coming out of Alaska (they are pumping a lot out of Alaska) was even being sold to Japan because there was no way for us to refine it all - we are already at refinery capacity and that doesn't even satisfy half of what we consume.

She also said our high consumption makes us rely on foreign sources for 50% of our oil - and Venezuela makes up a big chunk of that.

Here's the video:

Karen Matusic, Editor, Oil Daily
Karen Matusic, Editor of the Oil Daily, discusses gas prices and the gas supply in light of OPEC's expected production cut in April.
3/6/2004: WASHINGTON, DC: 40 min.

http://www.c-span.org/VideoArchives....airs=Issue,EF;

Last edited by BK; 03-08-2004 at 09:59 PM.
Old 03-08-2004, 10:28 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,815 Likes on 903 Posts

Sure, I'll Boycott both of them.

Neither company has any stations in our metro area.

Why don't we all just quit buying gas all together. Sell the trucks, boats and other toys. Buy some electric cars and help the electric companies get rich instead. Yeah, that'll show um

Sorry, but there are 250 million cars on the road that NEED gas. If every member could get 100 people to do what you are asking, that might lower a gas company's revenue by a one half of one percent. The other companies could raise there prices because they know you won't buy it from those companies. All that would happen is different companies would gain a larger market share.

You could always move to middle east where gas is real cheap.
Old 03-11-2004, 10:25 AM
TulsaLarry

Citgo, the nations largest retailer of gasoline reports earnings rise over 200%:

For the year ending December 31, 2003, operating income was $809-million, including depreciation and amortization expense totaling $334-million. In comparison, for the year 2002 CITGOs operating income was $350-million, including depreciation and amortization expense totaling $299-million.

Serving nearly 14,000 branded, independently owned and operated retail locations, CITGO is also one of the five largest branded gasoline suppliers within the United States.

Old 03-11-2004, 01:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by H2Xmark
there was a mass Email sent out to several people talking about not using Mobil are Exxon gas, and to send it on to 10 of your friends, and they were to send it to ten of there friends and so on and well you get the point, i got the email and sent it to my friends, and thought i would play along, i thought some of you might have got the email also????? it was to lower gas prices
Yup. And whatever genius came up with this idea didn't put enough thought into it to figure out these are NOT the two largest oil companies, but are the SAME company.
Old 03-11-2004, 03:46 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why bother? you have to get your fuel somewhere and you're not going to use any less of it. The only real way to hurt oil companies is for everyone to buy hybrid cars. Since no one including myself is going to do this then stop pulling your hair about gas prices and move on to more important things in life like OSO and naked chicks

Roby
Old 03-23-2004, 09:43 AM
wayne

KaamaScarab30, TulsaLarry
and others that know nothing , read the new fortune 500 list , exxon -mobil # 2 in profit!!!
i dont see citgo there in the # 2 spot

Old 03-23-2004, 10:00 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally posted by wayne
...and others that know nothing , read the new fortune 500 list , exxon -mobil # 2 in profit!!!
i don't see citgo there in the # 2 spot
Then buy shares who do you think own these companies Einstein, the public!

Also they pay taxes probably to provide funding for your obviously none profit oriented source of revenue.

Your not talking to your tie-dye shirt wearing '78 Volvo driving friends here, you'll have to realize that companies are in business to make profits. If your think their profits are too much then start your own company and undercut them.
If you can't start a competing company the go back to smoke a joint and complain while holding up a sign collecting welfare checks or whatever it is you leaches do.
Old 03-23-2004, 10:03 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts
Talking

Originally posted by GLH
Then buy shares who do you think own these companies Einstein, the public!

Also they pay taxes probably to provide funding for your obviously none profit oriented source of revenue.

Your not talking to your tie-dye shirt wearing '78 Volvo driving friends here, you'll have to realize that companies are in business to make profits. If your think their profits are too much then start your own company and undercut them.
If you can't start a competing company the go back to smoke a joint and complain while holding up a sign collecting welfare checks or whatever it is you leaches do.
GL,
Tell us how you really feel!
Old 03-23-2004, 10:12 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally posted by craig223
GL, Tell us how you really feel!
I love these guys where materialism starts 6 inches above the goals they are satisfied or competent to reach.

I guess they need an excuse for their wives and family to explain their lack of results.

Quick Reply: Boycott Mobil And Exxon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.