Notices

For Welders

Old 03-10-2004, 08:30 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw someone peeking in my windows the other night wearing a hood like that. Tantrum, was that you?
Old 03-10-2004, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Tantrum
Sorry Roger
After reading back I see you were answering GregP's question not replying to me.
No problem, I`d like some more info on you hood though.
Old 03-10-2004, 08:32 AM
Registered

Tantrum-

I've seen the hood setups, but not with the auto-dark lense (and I don't want to give that up). Since I do very limited use I thought I'd use the goggle to experiment and see if I could switch it to the automatic lense. The hood would be nice if the same lense switch would work with it (since that is the expensive part anyway).

-Greg
Old 03-10-2004, 08:36 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Pure Energy
I saw someone peeking in my windows the other night wearing a hood like that. Tantrum, was that you?

Im not going there!

When are we getting together?
Ill call you.
Old 03-10-2004, 08:43 AM
Registered

Hey Tantrum,

Sorry we couldnt get together while you were down, the woman is kinda lame when it comes to goin out, and we had just gotten in from dinner, and put a movie in when you called. I left a message Sunday afternoon, did you get it?? Maybe next time.

Rick
Old 03-10-2004, 08:43 AM
Registered

I used to weld a lot of stainless equipment with stainless all around. I swear I got burned from the reflection off the stainless once.
Old 03-10-2004, 08:45 AM
Registered

There are 2 standard lens sizes.
2 "x 4 1/4" and 5 1/4x4 1/2.
The auto view lenses that you buy are made to fit this standard opening. The only thing you have to watch for is that the arc sensors on the front of the lens are not covered by the trim around the lens holder. The autoviews are also sometimes thicker depending on brand and you have to watch that you have enough room to fit your cover lens and retaining spring in.

Last edited by Tantrum; 03-10-2004 at 08:58 AM.
Old 03-10-2004, 08:48 AM
Registered

Can you e-mail the helmet info?

I thought the standard lens was 2 x 4 1/4 ??? With my lens I had to remove the spring, but the lens was retained by a sliding cover from the outside on the goggle, not from the inside like on my rigid helmets, and the thickness just works without the spring to hold the lens and cover securly.

-Greg
Old 03-10-2004, 08:51 AM
Registered

Originally posted by rchevelle71
Hey Tantrum,

Sorry we couldnt get together while you were down, the woman is kinda lame when it comes to goin out, and we had just gotten in from dinner, and put a movie in when you called. I left a message Sunday afternoon, did you get it?? Maybe next time.

Rick
Rick
I did get your message but not until we got back to the condo late. I wasnt going to call you Monday because I was sure you were working.
Mabe next time. Christine wants to bring the boat down next year so we might spend more time there.
Old 03-10-2004, 08:55 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Tantrum
Rick
I did get your message but not until we got back to the condo late. I wasnt going to call you Monday because I was sure you were working.
Mabe next time. Christine wants to bring the boat down next year so we might spend more time there.
Sounds good,

Yeah workin Monday, Saturday was spent removing bottom paint from boat, so I was kinda beat Sat. Night, Sunday was spent workin on the yard, and we ended up not heading to the waterfront til dinnertime anyway. Definitely bring the boat, so much to do by water here.

Rick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.