Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Powerboat Racing Game PS2 - X-BOX (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/73810-powerboat-racing-game-ps2-x-box.html)

DyD 04-08-2004 04:11 PM

any update news??

robyw1 04-12-2004 11:29 AM

Yes unfortunately I have found that by using a PS2 or X-BOX that the game will be severely limited on overall variety of boats, engines and tune ability. The only way to get this to fit in such a format would be to degrade the video and sound quality. I just don't have the room to create the game that would satisfy me and most importantly the OSO group. However all is not lost.

I can have it all if the game is made in PC format. Of course it would take a hell of a PC to play this but at least everything we ever wanted would be there; PLUS the option of using other controllers such as a joystick or wheel. I'm now looking into this.

Roby

CigDaze 04-12-2004 11:38 AM

Originally posted by robyw1
I can have it all if the game is made in PC format
No problem...Look at what MS Flight Simulator has evolved into. It's incredible in detail and fluidity.

I'm sure the same can be accomplished for this.

There would have to be a bunch of options on scenery detail level and scenery population(like MSFS) so that most any modern PC can run it.

The best part of PC games...play them at work! :D :D

RollWithIt 04-12-2004 11:45 AM

True, the PC version would definately open up more options and allow you to get more realism added into the graphics and sound. Besides, I do believe we all own a computer around here anyways. ;)

ChrisK 04-12-2004 12:56 PM

You own a computer? :D

Kanookstr 04-12-2004 02:32 PM

Yes P.C. is the way to go... If I have too I'll buy one:D

26scarab 04-12-2004 02:46 PM

I disagree with the PC only game.
We should take a look at what can be done to keep it on a gaming plateform. Yes we all want as much realism as possible BUT sometimes it can be too much. I myself do not play PC games for this reason.
If I have a hour or two to play I just want to pop in a game and play it. Those PC game just have too much stuff , expecially the flight simulators.
We all agree Grand Turismo was a fun and somewhat realistic game , can't we keep the Offshore game somewhat along those lines ?

Wasabe 04-12-2004 02:47 PM

I want X box version PC all you get is a bunch of geeks. The cool people play x box :D :D :D

Sydwayz 04-12-2004 02:57 PM

Would it be just too much of an undertaking to have a full blown PC game, and scaled back XBOX-PS/2 version? For those of us REALLY into it, you can do the whole SIMS thing like the team, and building money and etc.

Look what OSO has done for this sport in General. What if you could get a corporate name on top of it? What about OffshoreOnly Grand Prix?

OR

We can call the abridged game console version Offshore Grand Prix/Lee Mills Style.

DOH!! :D :D :D

robyw1 04-12-2004 03:18 PM

The problem is with very intensive graphics and sound. When you have those in the console game you need to give up a lot elsewhere. Or if you want a large variety of boats, engines & equipment then you will give up graphics that would make them enjoyable. You see if I were to put in Outerlimits then the Fountain and Apache guys would be left out and in turn might not buy. Same with CATS. You have to strike a happy medium and in this VAST world of boating manufactures too many would be left out and the graphics would suffer accordingly. My goal for this game is to make it good enough to where OSOers and other performance boaters can't live without it. I want it to be more addicting than cigarettes and for it to be a valid excuse for missing work in order to get their fix. :D The key to successes will be laying awake at night trying to figure out how to get that 1 extra horsepower. The perimeters for a PC game are virtually limitless in this format and it will also be easier and cheaper to create in this format. That is my 2 cents worth. Not to mention that it is easier to play online and boats, engines & equipment can be sold or traded between players.

Roby