Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Powerboat Racing Game PS2 - X-BOX >

Powerboat Racing Game PS2 - X-BOX

Notices
View Poll Results: Offshore Powerboat Racing Game?
In Playstation 2
49.18%
In Microsoft X-BOX
27.87%
I Would buy a system just to play this game
21.31%
Don't bother, it is a waste of time
1.64%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Powerboat Racing Game PS2 - X-BOX

Old 07-28-2004, 02:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Powerboat Racing Game PS2 - X-BOX

I know this is late in responding but I just came across this. For the past 3 years I was always talking about how they should come across to this genre. There is every type of racing game but powerboat racing, besides that crappy game that came out a long time ago for the ps1. If they can make a horse racing game and it actually get a decent rating, im pretty sure a power boat racing game ( as long as it's realistic and has good gameplay ) could do just as good. Driver3 for xbox has a cig and that is pretty cool. PC however would be great for the fact that you can customize your own boat, paint it, and model your own boat with some sort of freeware modeling prgogram. ex.. nascar2002 and 2003 and motocross madness2.

That being said , I work for a game company... www.icarusstudios.com at RTP in raleigh , NC. I do the modeling and texturing for our in-game objects. No we aren't geeks, I play bass in a rock band, wakeboard, and love boating, my finace is a former model and plays guitar with us. I just like having a fun job and getting paid for it. I am also modeling for my demo-reel an exact replica of a 2004 donzi 28zx, I will show pics when I get home. In the mean time... here is my reference model that i'm basing it off of. http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/1/8/50868618.htm .

If the specs, and artwork are laifd out then pitch it to a game company, maybe mine... then it could happen.
Old 07-28-2004, 03:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a general data tree built and just barely got started on the artwork before my life took a turn for the busy. Unfortunetly I'm on a very limited schedule so I have had to push this adventure aside for the time being. I started on this months ago when it looked like I was going to be unemployed. Now I'm extremely busy with work however somehow have maintained the close to unemployed salary

Roby
Old 10-29-2004, 12:03 PM
Registered

any new news on the game? if so where can i send my 50 bucks to get a copy?
Old 10-30-2004, 06:19 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Can you make it in "first person" game, so you can adjust drives and tabs and throttles in waves real time. That would be cool. I didn't get a chance to vote. I vote for XBox.

Can't wait for HALO2!
Old 10-30-2004, 09:25 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 139 Likes on 84 Posts

I want the Excel file. Got some ideas.

I also think it would be a good idea to have a full-on PC version AND a scaled back Xbox version.

And I like the dea that there should be 2 or 3 basic "hulls" for each class, but that after chosing your hull you can toggle thru different mfr names to plaster down the sides, and of course color choices.. Then the plastered hull graphic could be "anchored" to the 3d hull graphic and you'd still have the representation of all the mfrs. Obviously you could only toggle thru the appropirate mfr names on a stephull, and you would have only the few applicable mfr names on the straight hull... etc.

You also need to be sure that the lifespan of a Bravo is shortened with additional hp, and that if you hammer the sticks off the line too hard that the prop blows out or the drive grenades...
Old 10-30-2004, 10:05 AM
Registered

Playstation 2 outsells the XBOX and Gamecube combined. Last Christmas while shopping, I talked to just about every person working in the electronics section of all the stores I went to, and they all said the exact same thing. Although I think both of the other systems are fantastic too!
Old 10-30-2004, 07:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mcollinstn
I want the Excel file. Got some ideas.
PM me your e-mail and I will send it to you. It is nothing special, just a option tree.

Roby
Old 10-30-2004, 08:57 PM
Registered

What about a Miami drug running scene with chase copters, weapons, and Miami Vice music?
Old 10-30-2004, 09:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 139 Likes on 84 Posts

Oh, I thought the user profile still contained our email addresses. I see now that you can only send a text email from the user profile page.

[email protected]
Old 12-14-2004, 06:06 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mirageman
Real sounds too! have them make recordings of twins and singles and different horespower ranges.
Your choice of graghics options from a list or create your own, or none at all
You choose your race numbers.
Have some vintage boats as well.
Do I dare say APACHE?

Scarab 38KV....Miami vice edition if possible....or paint scheme like it.

Quick Reply: Powerboat Racing Game PS2 - X-BOX

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.