Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Truck headed east from Cali. desperatly needed. >

Truck headed east from Cali. desperatly needed.

Notices

Truck headed east from Cali. desperatly needed.

Old 03-12-2004, 03:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dang Cord, that is a great deal. $450 doesn't even cover the fuel for that trip, let alone the extra time. How'd you get that?

Actually, the $450 only beats my offer if you figure your time and wear on your truck. Otherwise, figuring you get 12 MPG, my offer IS cheaper. And, if you come for it around the LOTO Easter boatshow in April, you can still make a fun trip out of it.

Either way, $450 to get it to Milwaukee is a steal.
Old 03-12-2004, 03:15 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea, that's exactly what I was thinking. It really looks like that's going to be the finishing deal. Wish I had gotten it before hand. I can't even drive to Colorado for that amount. And now I want to go.

Chart-I used a freight service for most of these things. www.highwayfreight.com Several times I've brought a pallet off the east coast for only $150! And yes, I was thinking the exact same thing as you. The trouble of saving the $150 wouldn't be worth the hassle of dragging the molds from Loui up here. I just didn't want to reply until all the cards are on the table.
Old 03-13-2004, 06:29 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Cord
Yea, that's exactly what I was thinking. It really looks like that's going to be the finishing deal. Wish I had gotten it before hand. I can't even drive to Colorado for that amount. And now I want to go.
There are last minute airfare sites that offer remarkable deals. You might be able to fly to CO, and rent a car for less than driving there. With all the money you're saving on the delivery, you really should go.