Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I'm now a Cigarette Owner! >

I'm now a Cigarette Owner!

Notices

I'm now a Cigarette Owner!

Old 03-12-2004, 06:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on joining the Cig club. Here are a few #'s to help you out with things you may need.
Dan McNumera at Team Archer Marine 949-646-9778. He works on most Cigs in the area and knows all of there idiosyncrasies. As for your trailer, Call Wayne at West Coast Trailers 949-254-9360. He may be able to do some rebuilding on your currant one, he takes in trades, and sells very nice new ones. MAKE SURE TO TELL HIM you saw it on OSO.
Join SCOPE if you haven't already, the people in the club are a huge help when getting comfortable with a new boat.
MD
Old 03-12-2004, 06:19 PM
LPA2106

Here's to great weather...good friends and a boat that will be your new pride and joy! All my firends who have had Bajas liked them or still have them so you had a great boat...and moving up in th eworld is good!

...Best wishes in warmer climes!

Old 03-12-2004, 06:21 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks in great shape. Congrates on the new ride.
Old 03-12-2004, 11:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Boat

Congrats on the new wave smasher. Of your Boeing buddy has problems on the cover I can hook you up. I work at Boeing also(cnc machinist)in Wichita(near OK City) and a engineer buddy here at work made me a 8 pound hood for my Pro Mod Mustang and he is now starting his own shop. He has built "bodies" in the past for light aircraft that achieved FAA certification. Between his shop and my machine,sheetmetal,fab shop we'll be coming out with some goodies soon.
Congratulations Again and Always Be Safe!!!
Old 03-13-2004, 12:14 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Baja Fresh
Thanks for all the positive responces!

I did buy the boat from Canada (near Toronto) and did a trade deal with my 20 Outlaw. I towed it up there from So Cal and then towed the Cig back. So, GLH, I didn't get lost, just covered a lot of ground!

Made it out there in about 45 hours (over 2400 miles) and back in 72 hours but stopped in OK City Monday night and got a room. Also had about a 5 hours hold up in Amarillo to fix broken spring hangers on the trailer.

Trout, the photo doesn't due the snow fall justice! I grew up in VT so I know what a blizzard looks like. It was snowing so hard we had to go about 35 mph because the wind was blowing the snow directly at us we couldn't see the road.

Bob, your 29 Outlaw is still an awsome boat! Once the weather breaks I don't think you should have too much trouble selling it.

The boat is a '73 with '96 5.7's and Alphas. The motors and drives were rebuilt last summer and have only 5 hours on them. They are basically stock (for now) with 265 HP each and the boat will run about 60. Planning out future mods now and would like to bump up to around 400 HP (I'm a hot rod guy so I can't leave anything alone!). The interior has been redone as well. I'll post more photos after I clean it up a bit.

This boat was advertised in the OSO classifieds and I didn't consider it at first because of the open design. I had never seen one before and didn't know anything about them. But the more I looked at it the more I liked the idea. It is a perfect boat for Havasu with a ton of room for dancing hotties and I can run it to Catalina too. I have a buddy who works for Boeing in the composites department and he can make me a cockpit cover for the front out of carbon fiber. It will be a hard cover like the ones on the back of pickup trucks. It will attach with clips for easy removal and have a built in fairing. I can run it in the ocean and then remove it for the lakes.

Open72 and Damndonzi, do you have photos of yours? I've never seen another one beside mine.

-Al

PS: Big red One avatar coming soon!
That has to be the best looking logo I have ever seen on a boat.
Old 03-13-2004, 05:45 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

al, you need to touch up with BROWNIE and get you a thunder boat row medallion. can i get a hell ya!!!
Old 03-13-2004, 10:44 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Congrats on the new ride, it looks great. ENJOY!!!!
Old 03-13-2004, 11:36 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Wasabe
That has to be the best looking logo I have ever seen on a boat.
I was thinking the same thing!!!
Old 03-13-2004, 02:55 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats and Good luck All you need now is a dancers pole on that boat

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...threadid=73960
Old 03-13-2004, 06:10 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

That is the exact model George Bush Senior runs in Maine.

Quick Reply: I'm now a Cigarette Owner!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.