Whats up at the Hustler Plant

Notices

Whats up at the Hustler Plant

Old 03-13-2004, 02:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Thats Noth'n

Originally posted by WickedWon
Stop by the Saber "plant" at lunch time and the brothers will share whatever's in there brown bags and offer ya a Shasta ! Budget plenty of time (and take some old shoes ) cause taking the tour and meeting the employe ( Jack the guard dog) can take upwards of 15 minutes !
Apparently you haven't been around in a while cause they have doubled the payroll. Jack has a new partner, "Buddy" Spent the fall watching him grow up as fast as I was growing old.
Old 03-13-2004, 04:47 PM
Registered

whats up with that trailer, or trailer'S
Old 03-13-2004, 05:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sometimes it's tough to accomodate people on short notice. If it's a bad time to have someone drop by make them forget about it. They should have asked for your address - so they could send some complimentary T-shirts your way. That's what I would have done.
Old 03-15-2004, 02:50 AM
Registered

joe is a great guy and will return your call and will spend hours discussing your enquiry if necessary. he is known to use his own boat to go over to his CT dealer to do warranty service himself for clients and he is known to fly his plane to do the same. not many manufacturers have the kind of drive and commitment that joe has.

however, this is why things at the factory can get a bit hectic. joe has a hands-on approach to managing a boatbuilding business and he not only supervises everything but chances also are that your hustler has been rigged or wired by the owner/president of the co. himself. this is why the general consensus was that hustler had one of the best and most innovative displays in miami.

so yes, joe can be difficult to reach sometimes but now you know why. it's not because he's out fishing, it's because he's building your boat. another thing: hustler powerboats is the most team-like enterprize i've seen. everybody works and if help is needed prior to a show or to make the delivery date, even a secretary will be called on to help out, wash a boat, whatever she can do.

so, the fact that hustler powerboats is not inhabited by suited-up businessmen who will show you around all day, laugh at your jokes and leave quality-control to someone else is why they produce such a product. you may not like the hull design, the handling, that's often a subjective opinion... but there is no question that it's a quality product which is structurally sound, has been laid-up correctly, rigged and wired correctly and which stands the test of time. And not getting a factory tour at a short notice is a small price to pay for that quality.

triple play, you say that you were a proud hustler owner which i believe means that you are very happy with the quality of the product. is not getting a sticker enough to ruin that and make you change your mind altogether about hustler products? i know that every single manufacturer has ruffled few feathers in its existence. someone in this thread said how cigarette treated them great. well, not long ago i read a carbon copy of this thread concerning cigarette. does that mean that they're all bad and that we should not be proud owners of any performance powerboats. if the way you're treated on the phone is how you decide which boat to buy, you're in for a surprise anyway.

so my advice is: call again, joe will reply when he has time and will treat you very nicely when this does not interfere with the quality of boats he builds. but some people should remember that hustler, cigarette, whoever is a boat-building business, not a factory-tour operator...
Old 03-15-2004, 06:29 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you may be right but, when I called there, the women was very short with me, 2 years ago I had a secretary like that. 2nd complaint I sent her ass down the road, I don't have the time or patiance for that crap. because the fact is I really don't want to call back there so I will probobly not buy another hustler.
Old 03-15-2004, 07:16 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Super Termoli...nice defense of Hustler, but sorry, it just doesn't hack it. Customer service should pervade all levels of an organization. If the FIRST level of contact with an organization is a poor one, it just sets the tone for the balance of the transaction.
Old 03-15-2004, 07:17 AM
Registered

ok, but at the same time, secretaries do not have the authority to tell you yes or no when you ask to come around. naturally, it's an enquiry which has to be submitted to the boss himself. it turned out that joe did not have time and i explained why.

i would like to point out that this has nothing to do with customer service. when you call with something serious like "joe, XYZ piece of my boat is not working, i'm stranded here", joe will do respond immediately and will do everything humanly possible to be there himself, see what's wrong, fix it and then improve his next product. and personally i find it comforting to know that when you call with that kind of thing and another guys calls simultaneously for some stickers, you get joe's priority. he could very well say, "screw the guy with the problem, he's already paid me for the boat, let's see if i can sell another one to the guy who wants to tour the shop"... but at hustler, they get their priorities right and that is what i call customer service.

the point is that too much focus is placed nowadays on "customer service" which really means marketing. so you get a bunch of guys who focus on "selling" the boat rather than on "building" the boat. they know how to smile right, answer all your little questions... but when it comes down to laying up a hull and building a bulletproof boat, there's nobody around. when they're trying to sell you a boat, they'll have you sleep over at their house but once you've paid for it, you're on your own.

so, there might have been an emergency and joe had to leave to help out a hustler owner. Next to somebody's downtime, t-shirts and stickers are secondary and in my book, getting your priorities right in this manner is what customer service is all about. this is not a good reason to hit OSO and start bad-mouthing and saying how you'll never have another hustler. joe is a guy who puts his heart and soul in his products, in addition to 80+ hours a week. If telephone manner is more important, I'm sure Bayliner do a great job as far as courtesy is concerned and therefore it follows that they build a great boat worthy of your attention.
Old 03-15-2004, 07:25 AM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Originally posted by Indy
Super Termoli...nice defense of Hustler, but sorry, it just doesn't hack it. Customer service should pervade all levels of an organization. If the FIRST level of contact with an organization is a poor one, it just sets the tone for the balance of the transaction.
Yup !

First impressions mean everything......
Old 03-15-2004, 07:32 AM
Registered

my first impression of hustler: an excellent product.

end of story and all that really matters.

nobody can be perfect all the time. that is not reason enough to put their products or their commitment in question. i'll leave it at that...
Old 03-15-2004, 07:41 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Too Old

Hustlers 25 Talon molds heading North.
That picture looks like something off of a movie set.

Quick Reply: Whats up at the Hustler Plant

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.