Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
lake Winnipesaukee and mufflers >

lake Winnipesaukee and mufflers

Notices

lake Winnipesaukee and mufflers

Old 03-13-2004, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did anyone do the Freedom Poker Run last year?
Old 03-13-2004, 09:51 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

GLH, will be on Lake Champlain as much as possible this summer. If it ever gets here.
Old 03-13-2004, 09:38 PM
Registered

Every time I read a thread about "noise regulations" I am thankful that here we don't have to worry too much about it.

Now about those da*n "manatee zones"
Old 03-14-2004, 12:06 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Idle out to the ocean.... go as fast as you want.... make as much noise as you want.... tah... dah!
Old 03-15-2004, 10:42 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Amen pm203! I grew up summering on Winni. (we still have a house on the lake), and it has changed a ton in my 35 years of going up there and not all for the better. After getting busted by the lake patrol for noise and consequently getting thrown off the lake for the offense, I can tell you it is a pain! I have been to "Sunday School" and it is a joke, one of the more disorganized and dangerous events you will ever witness or partake in! It has been their mission to crack down on noise up there and I applaud that, but they are going about it the wrong way. They do take it a bit too far at times, mostly by the college kids that they give a uniform and a boat to and have them go out and enforce the rules / laws. I have always said that the lake patrol should be comprised of a combination of local and state law enforcement personel, (read - full time police officers) and be treated as you would treat drivers on the road. Get a professional group out on the water to crack down on the incidents of BWI, unsafe passage and so on, not leave it in the hands of a kid that is doing this "cuz it's fun". The lake would be a safer and better place for it, and we would all benefit!

So, I agree if you are up on the lake for a short time, or even if you live there, please respect the lake, respect the laws and muffle up, or we'll all pay for it one way or another.
Old 03-15-2004, 10:56 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I know that I hope to go up to the lake this summer a few times and hope that my exhaust is quite enough. Due to situations that I had on my last visit I will keep my mufflers closed. They are the Teague tips and you can not really tell that they can be turned open. I purposly mounted them with the acuators WAY up high. They are very quite closed however and I can run WOT closed with loss of power but SO WHAT as long as I do not get pulled over. I figure that you have to make up a LOT of time to catch up to me if you do get pulled over

Jon
Old 03-15-2004, 11:16 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Audio~

You gonna have that thing ready for this summer!?!? Or was "hope" the operative word in that statement? If you do, that would be sweet - and quite an accomplishment! I'll keep an eye out...