Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   New Apache under construction !!!!!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/74197-new-apache-under-construction.html)

ApacheCarl 03-15-2004 08:55 PM

New Apache under construction !!!!!!!!

I heard through the grapevine that Mark McManus is building a new Apache 42. :)

This isn't a knock-off Apache, But a boat built by the original builder of the 41 and 47 Apaches that everybody has seen.

Keep in mind this is the real builder and holder of the "Apache" trademark.

I know this boat will continue the tradition of excellence the "Apache" name had come to symbolize in the boating industry.

wwwTOPDJcom 03-15-2004 09:00 PM

Re: New Apache under construction !!!!!!!!

Originally posted by ApacheCarl
I heard through the grapevine that Mark McManus is building a new Apache 42. :)

This isn't a knock-off Apache, But a boat built by the original builder of the 41 and 47 Apaches that everybody has seen.

Keep in mind this is the real builder and holder of the "Apache" trademark.

I know this boat will continue the tradition of excellence the "Apache" name had come to symbolize in the boating industry.

cant wait to see how this trademark thing ends :eek:

Tonto 03-15-2004 10:15 PM

WOW!
Hey Carl,
Keep us posted on the new boat. Would love to see some pics, specs, hp, drives, etc.
Robert

apache21 03-15-2004 10:21 PM

This Apache thing is getting out of hand. I am glad there is now Cheif powerboats. Also an Apache that has not been built, And McManus which I think he is a great builder, but I think he needs a new name for the new boat he is building. I think it is more the group then the name that builds A high quality boat.:)

WetKitty42 03-15-2004 10:37 PM

Lotsa Indians around these parts..:cool:

WetKitty42 03-15-2004 10:45 PM

Lotsa Indians around these parts..:cool:

Tonto 03-15-2004 11:05 PM

apache21,
Why do you think Mr. McManus NEEDS a new name? He IS the guy that is responsible for all the 41's and 47's after Bobby and Ben separated into two companies. If anyone needs a new name it's the bunch in Delray.

I would like to wish Scott and Bobby well on the new boat co. Can't wait to see some new glass from Bobby out running in the ocean, Good Luck, Gentlemen!

And why can't we all get along around here. We all know that Mr. Saccenti and Mr. McManus aren't the best of friends, but BOTH build the best custom offshore boats that money can buy. I personally like both gentlemen and will have an APACHE until they pry my cold dead hands off it. I know that everyone has their own opinions, but DAMN, when is enough-enough.

I have agree with Jack on this one.......................
It's going to be one helluva year..........................
I'm getting MARRIED TO THE MOST WONDERFUL GIRL IN THE WORLD!

Robert

BattleCry 03-15-2004 11:28 PM

I would have to agree with you, Tonto. You are getting married to the MOST WONDERFUL GIRL IN THE WORLD!

And on that OTHER STUFF too.

sgrady 03-15-2004 11:40 PM

Tonto

Enough Said !!!

Best to both of you.

BulletProof 03-16-2004 12:55 AM

Well said Robert! call me when you get a break and lets catch up:) Hope all is well!!

Tonto 03-16-2004 01:37 AM

Thanks guys,
Best of luck to BOTH boat builers in their endeavors with their new products. I'm just greatful that I have one of the lumpy 'ole resin buckets that everyone seems to be trying to duplicate.

To Mr. McManus,
Thank you for building my boat back when you did, I love it! See you next week.

To Mr. Saccenti,
Good luck with your new boat Co. and we'll get together for dinner soon, I promise.

To all else Merry Christmas and a good night! Details coming soon.

Robert

WickedWon 03-16-2004 06:59 AM

Feel The Luv

Geez Robert, lets all have a freak'n group hug :D I remember when your late night posts almost always started some CHIT !! Dude your going soft on me, what next, ya gonna but tranny's in Tonto like the rest of us wussy's :eek: :D

ApacheCarl 03-16-2004 07:26 AM

Well said Robert, both of these builders deserve our support. The company in Delray should stop trying to hijack the name and history of Apache and build their boats under a new name.

wwwTOPDJcom 03-16-2004 09:20 AM

well this page has a trademark and copyright notice on the bottom? is this the real one?

http://www.apacheusa.com/heritage.php

ApacheCarl 03-16-2004 09:58 AM

Heya Brian,

To answer your question you first need to visit the United States Patent and Trademark Office website(USTPO). The name or mark for "Apache" for boats is U.S. Trademark Registration Number 706,228. Do a search of this Reg # and you will find that Mark McManus INC is the owner of the mark.

A search of the State of Florida records will also show the Mark McManus INC is the owner of the round Indian head logo found on this fake Apache website. The Florida Registration Number is T01049.

These are the facts. Don't believe everything you read on the web.

As you know the courts are flooded with lawsuits these days and it will take awhile for this matter to be resolved.

This ApacheUSA company(or whatever they call themselves) is NOT listed as the owners of these logos or trademarks. These guys have nothing to do with the history(heritage) of Apache and are just trying to take credit for work they didn't do.

97BossHammer 03-16-2004 10:21 AM

I hope this mess gets sorted out. I loved the Apache boats and I'm ready for a comeback.

Tonto 03-16-2004 11:20 AM

You can use anyone's logo on your site as long as you list the trademark and copyright as to who it belongs to.

Robert

apache21 03-16-2004 11:35 AM

Tonto,
Maybe you are right. I think McManus deserves the name but I feel that the McManus name stands stronger than the current Apache. Just my 2 cents. If I was goning to buy a V i would buy one from Bobby S or Mark McManus. There work is priceless.

ApacheCarl 03-16-2004 12:57 PM

Right you are Robert. :) You can use logos and trademarks you don't own on websites(and other places) as long as you have permission in writing and give the owners of the mark credit.

These guys make no effort to give proper credit to the owner of the Apache mark or the logo.

For instance, this is what appears at the bottom of the webpage : "The circular Apache Powerboats indian head logo are trademarked and are the exclusive property of Apache Offshore Powerboats, LLC."

According to this language they claim to own the logo when in reality they don't.

The Apache name and the circular Apache Powerboats indian head logo are(and this is according to the Federal Government AND State of Florida websites) the exclusive property of Mark McManus Inc.

These are the FACTS, I would welcome anybody to prove me wrong.

P.S. Thats 21 posts !!!!!!! Fear my post count, lol.

Zero Cavity 03-16-2004 01:08 PM

Like ApacheCarl said: FACTS.

ApachePete 03-16-2004 02:43 PM

ApacheCarl

So you're still out there, huh?

Are you stepping up to buy the new 42 Apache? Your 41 is now more than 16 years old, so it's about time you move into the new milenium, don't you think?

Just be sure it has BIG TABS!

ApacheCarl 03-16-2004 02:53 PM

That hurts Pete :(

ApachePete 03-16-2004 03:12 PM

Sorry, Carl. I wouldn't have said it if I had gotten my trophy back.

So is the new 42 yours?

Perhaps I should take a run down to Ft Myers for a look-see.

ApacheCarl 03-16-2004 03:24 PM

No, its not mine, We're still happy with 15 year old one, still runs good. PM me when your back in Michigan, we can do lunch and trade trophys. Always remember who had the fasted lap in Open class in the 90 Grand Haven race. If you forgot I have the paperwork, hehe. :)

ApachePete 03-16-2004 03:32 PM

Fastest Lap?

Is there a trophy for that?

If you have the records, take a look at the finish order, young fella. I believe that only one of us finished in the money on that very rough day!

Hey! Allez Vite is for sale in Miami right now. It's got Zul 705 blower motors that run on pump gas (now THATS a big improvement) and transmissions (wimpy), and supposedly still runs 100. In the pictures, it looks brand new.

I may have to buy it back and teach you where you are in the pecking-order . . . again.

ApacheCarl 03-16-2004 03:39 PM

I know I know, " You can't win if you don't finish". You should buy your old boat back. The old 41's age well.

97BossHammer 03-16-2004 03:42 PM

whew....getting hot in here :)

ApachePete 03-16-2004 03:44 PM

I'd LOVE to buy it back. It's priced about the same as what I could get for my Formula, believe it or not (not much demand for old race boats, I guess).

However, it would end a 36 marriage, and that would be VERY expensive!

So I'll have to settle for a ride in yours, which still looks brand new, too.

ApacheCarl 03-16-2004 03:47 PM

Anytime you want to go out for a ride Pete just give me a call. You can even control the tabs :)

P.S. is the trophy in question the one from the 1989 D-Class race in GrandHaven ????? The very same race where you showed up for a "Sportsman" race with blower motors ??????? :) The very same race where the much maligned tab user ApacheCarl had to make do with single carbs sans blowers. That race ????

ApachePete 03-16-2004 04:07 PM

Yep, that's the one.

Poor Carl and his single carb motors . . . which just happened to be Lingenfelter dry-sumps that made MORE power than my blower motors.

They did have a bit of a reliability problem, as I recall.

What are you running now?

ApacheCarl 03-16-2004 04:15 PM

Running some 800 mercs now. That 1989 race I had the set of engines before the injected ones, 540 cubes single carbs just 680 horse. There you were picking on me with blower motors in the Sportsman D class. Shame on you Pete. If I remember correctly D class rules at the time.............................................. ......... hehe

ApachePete 03-16-2004 04:45 PM

Ok. I'm sorry, Carl.

ApacheCarl 03-16-2004 06:32 PM

No worries Pete :) Now back to asking why these guys in Delray think they are apache ???

lucy 03-16-2004 06:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
! ;)

ApacheCarl 03-16-2004 09:16 PM

Where did you get that picture Lucy ??? Its a classic.

lucy 03-16-2004 09:57 PM

it is part of my APACHE collection. ;)

WetKitty42 03-16-2004 11:53 PM

Hey that's my old 36...

I'm suprised they didn't burn it yet!!!

buckknekkid 03-17-2004 06:43 AM

Originally posted by WetKitty42
Hey that's my old 36...

I'm suprised they didn't burn it yet!!!

looks like its in a farmers field. is that their main headquarters? nice workshop when oranges arent growing:D

LEOPAJM 03-17-2004 07:19 AM

Hey Carl ...... live to see some pics of your 41 ... It's always been one of my favorites !!!!

I've got it on video (i believe) from Pier 33 1996 or 7 ... Chopper comes up from behind and the sound is just incredible !!!!

JM

ApacheCarl 03-17-2004 07:22 AM

Yep thats the guys.

"We're Back" huh ?? These guys were never "there" with Apache to begin with.

"Make no mistake" these guys have had NOTHING to do with Apache.

Thx JM, I have a bunch of pictures, but I'm a computer idiot and I dont know how to post pics :(