Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
V.I.P. Boats - The good, the bad, and the ugly? >

V.I.P. Boats - The good, the bad, and the ugly?

Notices

V.I.P. Boats - The good, the bad, and the ugly?

Old 03-17-2004, 09:55 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check this one out
Attached Images  
Old 03-17-2004, 10:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was looking at a VIP Vindicator before I bought my Outlaw. Just make sure you actually see the hull they want to sell you before making any commitments. They sent me some pictures via email of a hull with some funky indian jewelry colors and tried to tell me the boat really didn't look like that yet they couldn't produce a photo that showed the colors they said the boat was. In the end I gave up on them and found my Outlaw.
Old 03-17-2004, 12:30 PM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

A friend of mine used to have a Vindicator, a 21', and at that time (late 80's) I had a same size Liberator. He used to get pounded pretty hard in that boat compared to me in the same seas, and the cabin size was quite a bit smaller. Even though the Lib is heavier, it ran the same speed. I had no problem going out in heavy water with our boat, he was always reluctant. His developed quite a few gelcoat spider cracks from his frequent trips to LOTO, and he got to the point he would only run there on weekdays.
They're a decent lake boat, but I was always impressed with my little Liberator (for a 4-winns), and would consider it a better buy than a Vindicator if one could be found for the same money.
Old 03-17-2004, 12:45 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks, guys.
Old 03-17-2004, 12:57 PM
CJC
Registered

105mph,

I thought they stopped making them as well. Had a dealer in our area that said "this will be the last one". Maybe had plans to close shop and were saved??

Anyhoo, they did look like a nice boat, but I have heard of some hull problems in the past. The Vindicator I was on was surely not the quality of Wellcraft, Formula, Sonic, etc. but it's price also reflected this.

Buyer beware, you get what you pay for.
Old 03-28-2004, 08:49 AM
mlitefan

Mack will give you a great deal on that boat for sure. I owned a Vindicator before buying my Sunsation and I purchased it from Mack. He is a straight shooter and will not jerk you around. I very much enjoyed dealing with him.

As for the boat, just keep in mind that it is an entry level sport boat. The quality isn't what you will see in the more traditional go-fasts but then again, the price is at least half what you would pay for a similar size Outlaw, formula, etc.

I loved my Vindicator and it made a great lake boat. It also let me know that this was the style of boating I enjoyed and allowed me to try it without breaking the bank. Sounds like a perfect fit for what you are looking for.

Give Mack a call...

Old 03-28-2004, 09:33 AM
Registered

Mlitefan. Long time no see, how iis it going?
Let us know the next time you plan on getting back on Buggs. I have not had a change to check out your new boat yet. I hear that she is a nice one.

Mack and I have talked about a porker run on the lake this summer. Let us know if you are interested.
Old 03-28-2004, 10:53 AM
chuckbeecher
Platinum Member

The owner of VIP was from Vivian and did own the BOAT SUPERSTORE. At least in the mid to late 90's. But what do I know.. I'm stuck in the offshore capital of the world...DENVER!!! But I'll be in the Abaco's and Puerto Rico after the 5th.

There's a Fountain dealer listed here in the book.HUH???

Last edited by chuckbeecher; 03-28-2004 at 10:57 AM.
Old 03-28-2004, 04:31 PM
mlitefan

Warren, there are a couple of us who have talked about a Poker Run on Buggs as well. I think it could potentially draw a lot of boaters from all around. With all that water, the campgrounds, etc I think it would be a huge hit. I bet I could line up some live music as well!!

I saw you on the water late last year with the new boat and the way that thing jumped out of the water when you took off was pretty impressive.

I am going to be in the Smith Mountain Lake Poker run the weekend before Memorial day but we may still get down to Buggs for the Holiday. If the weather is good, we will at least head down for the day.

Hope you and Mack win a ton of races this year and let me know what I can do to help drum up interest for the Poker Run. If Mack doesn't have my number anymore, I will give him a call this week.

Old 03-28-2004, 05:12 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nick, Did you get my PM the other day about the upcoming weekend ??