Notices

Stepp

Old 03-25-2004, 12:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mr. Velocity

Skaters Lean into the turn, not out or away.

what do I win, what do I win?
Old 03-25-2004, 02:11 PM
Registered

Wish you would leave this thread. You've been bashing Velocity for a long time. Seems you like to hold a grudge for a long time.

Subject: Re: Ultimate F1 & F2 Boats?

View this article only
Newsgroups: rec.boats.racing.power
Date: 1998/07/15

Gary I forgot one important thing. When I was shopping for my boat last year I dropped in to Velocity even called in advance. When I got there I was almost ignored by the Sales Mngr. the so called tour lasted only 15min and
in the office Steve Stepp did not introduce himself. I guess they figured I was not really going to buy a boat. But I made my decision on the looks of there facility and there hospitality. I also went to Fountain and they were
totally gracious (meet Reggie) but the cost of the 27' fever stopped me and I toured the Wellcraft plant 4 times last year and was totally impressed with there facility and being able to call them and ask questions. Even though I'm a "newbie" at performance boats I've been told by a current 29' Fountain owner and a racer that my 26' Scarab is a great handling and strong
boat so I figure I made a pretty good buying decision. See ya, Mike Carter
Old 03-25-2004, 02:17 PM
Registered

When did Teague cross you, this is what you used to say about him. Now his is scum and doesn't know how to build an engine?

Subject: Re: Ultimate F1 & F2 Boats?

Date: 1998/07/16

I too would LOVE to see the Smith shop. I used to live in L.A. and have been by the Teague shop. NICE!!!
Old 03-25-2004, 02:26 PM
Registered

[iEven though I'm a "newbie" at performance boats I've been told by a current 29' Fountain owner and a racer that my 26' Scarab is a great handling and strong
boat so I figure I made a pretty good buying decision. See ya, Mike Carter [/B]

Seems Mike has learned quite a lot in 5 years...
Old 03-25-2004, 02:29 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Chris232
Seems Mike has learned quite a lot in 5 years...
Maybe about racing too.

Subject: E class Velocity PREP time
Date: 1999/07/05

Not only does Velocity have special parking (so they think) the E class boat has special after the race PREP time !!!! Why does it take 1 hour to get to the cranes to weigh the boat!!!
Oh I saw the E class Velocity get craned in at 4403 lbs!!! I thought the min. weight for E class was 4500!!!! What were you guys doing for a hour after the race adding weight!!!! You freakin' cheaters!!!! I also now
presume that the weight slip that Stepp provided after the Ft. Myers races saying the boat and trailer weight was 5800 lbs was a lie too.

CHEAT LIE CHEAT LIE CHEAT LIE CHEAT LIE CHEAT LIE CHEAT LIE CHEAT LIE

--
Mike Carter
[email protected]
Old 03-25-2004, 03:48 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Fever Mike
Gary, I see you have a lot of time to dig up that old stuff! You must save everything! I love the last post because it is the total truth! That is why in 2000 APBA added to the rules that E Class boats must be craned out. The E Class Velocity had to add well over 500lbs to make weight in 2000...I know I was there as an inspector and saw the weight they had to add. So yes thanks for provening again that they cheated and lied.

Teague never crossed me personally...yes his shop is nice and super clean however he was one of the main resons for CRE. Teague wanted to be CRE but he does not have a dyno or at that time in 2000 did not have a dyno. Does he have a dyno yet? How does he know the HP of the engines he sells under Teague Custom Marine?
Maybe a little to much time on my hands

Hmm, does Merc dyno everything that goes out the door? Does GM? No. Once you have developed a package you can build it over and over again. Teague pretty much sticks to what he knows works and builds the engines that way. Don't know if he has a dyno now but I'm sure he has access to one. It's not a reason to slam him like you do in other threads. If you build a lot of 1 off motors I can see the need for a dyno since you really don't know what's going out the door.

Teage wanted CRE, Eikert did not. go figure

And yes I have a pair of Teague engines, my next engines will be from Express Marine. Oh no, he doesn't have a dyno either.
Old 03-25-2004, 04:48 PM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey!
Leave Nasty Midget out of this.
I still have nightmares from that little bastardd....
Old 03-25-2004, 07:06 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Fever Mike
I know GM and Merc ect does not dyno everthing that goes out the door ya lanky dummy!
My point was how does he know the HP he advertises for his built high performance engines? Just wondering and not slamming.

While you are digging up old rec.boats.racing.power post's can you find the Bob Bull fight song's?

How about some of the classic Booob Bull vs.Alweiss post's?

What even happened to Mark Whatman and Nasty Midget?
Yea I came across all the old Bob Bull stuff and everyone calling him a POS and a CHEATER. Funny how he is now running the show.
Remember USER192 or what ever the number was. What a joke.

Spoke with Mark today as a matter of fact. We stay in touch, he is into his Porsches and V-Rods. He also tied the knot.
Old 03-26-2004, 09:24 PM
Registered

Hi Mike,

Yea, I dropped out of the performance boat stuff about a year and a half ago. Sold the 28 and tied the knot (not related, the wife wanted me to keep it but I needed to cash).

When I get back into performance boats I'll be looking hard at the Concepts. I love the look and I'm looking for more than a simple "go fast" in my next boat. Either that or a Formula 370SS with some big motors (ultimate sleeper)

I heard about your accident and followed it on the forum. Glad to see your back at it and feisty as ever

BTW, I always wear a helmet and ride like everyone's out to run me over....

As for this thread, Same Sh!t, Different Day

No need to try to defend construction or talk about which boat's stronger, faster or turns better because everyone already has their opinions and we all know opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one!
Old 04-02-2004, 04:57 PM
Registered

Default Back to the topic

Why is it that everyone always has something bad to say about Velocity? Like someone else said, opinions are like a$$holes! Proof is that most stepped bottom boats have spun out, with both pro and amateur drivers, when you have very little hull in the water it makes the boat very flighty, and if you don't slow down substantially and pull the drives in and suck the boat down in the water enough, they are gonna spin! As far as "traditional" V hulls not being as fast, anyone remember a little boat manufacturer that returned to racing about 5-6 years ago and his boat was so fast that he had to add so much weight that the boat couldn't be competative anymore......................SUTPHEN! Look at the first "Muscle Racing" boat, 33 Powerplay(no steps). Stepped hulls have come a long way over the years, but they still need more work. If you hate Velocity, that is fine, don't bring in the build and quality of them, I have seen every kind of boat come apart under all kinds of conditions. Obviously, I am a Velocity fan, cause I haven't found a boat in any particular size class that is as fast and as easy to drive, PERIOD. Just my 2cents

Quick Reply: Stepp

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.