Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Lots of moved threads lately???? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/75010-lots-moved-threads-lately.html)

Waterfoul 03-24-2004 04:35 PM

Lots of moved threads lately????

At the risk of pissing anyone off, what's with all the moved threads lately??? I'm thinking "General" means different things to different people I guess. ???

Anyway, on with the post who$%ng. :D

hp500efi 03-24-2004 04:39 PM

Mike, go check out the OFF TOPIC section. Troutman is handling the moderating over dere and doing a great job .... come check it out and leave the GD discussion area for arguing about beaks and Apache's :D :D

Waterfoul 03-24-2004 04:40 PM

Apachmes??? What's that???:D :D

Ms PatriYacht 03-24-2004 04:57 PM

Originally posted by hp500efi
Mike, go check out the OFF TOPIC section. Troutman is handling the moderating over dere and doing a great job .... come check it out and leave the GD discussion area for arguing about beaks and Apache's :D :D
Nope can't mention beaks and Apache's on this forum either they have their own forum:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I have been arguing all day with the board gods that they put the thread with the poll on should there be a war party in the Apache forum. The discussion got so heated that it resulted in one of our fearless leaders getting banned from the board :mad: :mad: I will have to watch my words or I could be next:(

traviss 03-24-2004 06:46 PM

Re: Lots of moved threads lately????

Originally posted by Waterfoul

Anyway, on with the post who$%ng. :D

Post on Mr. foul :D :D :D

oh know.. someone said apache already in this thread LOL! :eek:

Just watch friends on TV..

"I have a PHD"

"ohh yeah"

"yup a pretty huge Dick"

i thought is was good :D

OldSchool 03-24-2004 08:05 PM

Originally posted by Ms PatriYacht
Nope can't mention beaks and Apache's on this forum either they have their own forum:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I have been arguing all day with the board gods that they put the thread with the poll on should there be a war party in the Apache forum. The discussion got so heated that it resulted in one of our fearless leaders getting banned from the board :mad: :mad: I will have to watch my words or I could be next:(

Who got banned? :(

Ms PatriYacht 03-24-2004 08:13 PM

I am holding off posting the name in hopes that when Steve the OSO boss returns to the office this misunderstanding will be cleared up. I will tell you that it is a good member who at times might be annoying but has their heart in the right place, is influential, and has a strong following.

cuda 03-24-2004 08:26 PM

Originally posted by craig223
Who got banned? :(
Inquiring minds want to know.

eyezlee 03-24-2004 08:31 PM

WTF happened. I missed something.

georges 03-24-2004 08:50 PM

[QUOTE it is a good member who at times might be annoying but has their heart in the right place, is influential, and has a strong following. [/B][/QUOTE]

Couldn't be the infamous Scatmando, he's allready off the board.......twice, (thank you boardgods).
I've heard this: "heart in the right place" line many times, when one is referring to someone who is somewhat below the standard!
So, who is it ?:rolleyes:

Waterfoul 03-24-2004 09:03 PM

Troutly, I don't get it. :confused:

Roger 1 03-24-2004 09:26 PM

Originally posted by georges
[QUOTE it is a good member who at times might be annoying but has their heart in the right place, is influential, and has a strong following.
Couldn't be the infamous Scatmando, he's allready off the board.......twice, (thank you boardgods).
I've heard this: "heart in the right place" line many times, when one is referring to someone who is somewhat below the standard!
So, who is it ?:rolleyes: [/B][/QUOTE]

Trust me, this person is definatly not ''below the standard'' I sure hope that this gets straightened out.

BLee 03-24-2004 09:35 PM

I'm glad they have been moving all the worthless threads. The off topic section is there for the OT threads. The General BOATING forum is for general BOATING discussion.

lucy 03-24-2004 09:58 PM

were they moved or were they hijacked??

Roger 1 03-24-2004 10:03 PM

Originally posted by PokerRunGunT/S
I'm glad they have been moving all the worthless threads. The off topic section is there for the OT threads. The General BOATING forum is for general BOATING discussion.
Well, let`s see. on the first page tonight we have a thread about a movie, motorcycles and outdoor grills. I think that this thread was a lot more relevant to boating than any of these.

Mr. Demeanor 03-24-2004 10:15 PM

9 of 32 threads on page one are not boating related.

candyman35 03-24-2004 10:16 PM

Originally posted by Troutly
(is that cryptic enough ? :eek: )
NO! It's been a long day! How about another clue??? You could post it in the general section but the moderator will probably move it!:p :D :D ;)
Dan

candyman35 03-24-2004 10:18 PM

Originally posted by Mr. Demeanor
9 of 32 threads on page one are not boating related.
Time to change your location. I see you got your email worked out. Must have found the right person to ***** at.
Dan

Mr. Demeanor 03-24-2004 10:29 PM

:D Its all good.

robyw1 03-24-2004 10:32 PM

I think everyone should hop around the site. The Off Topic section is nothing like the Current Affairs was. No more 200 post political threads of bashing. (which admittedly I was one of the guilty parties) Check it out every once in awhile.

Roby

Mr. Demeanor 03-24-2004 10:35 PM

Cant :D

US1 Fountain 03-24-2004 10:46 PM

You guys suck at giving clues, or I'm just stupid. :D

Mr. Demeanor 03-24-2004 10:57 PM

Clues have been placed here:

http://www.datacraft.co.jp/takagism/index_e.html

US1 Fountain 03-24-2004 11:18 PM

How about placing them here
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

[email protected]

:D :D

Ms PatriYacht 03-25-2004 05:08 AM

For your information it was about boating, not just Apaches. My argument was if it was going to be moved it should have been placed in the Poker Run forums because war party is open to ALL boats. After receiving several emails back from OSO that did not address my question but talked about the fact that if **** wanted to promote this run he should pay to advertise it like everyone else
:confused: :confused:
Then after all this I realize OSO does not even know which thread I was talking about, and when I called he could not even remember the one with the poll in it. It left me wondering if some moderators read just the headline. (Don't bother searching for the thread it's now be deleted by the originator).
Once again I hope this is straightened out, and everyone remains on the board.

Payton 03-25-2004 05:40 AM

That's a bunch of crap! Why pay to advertise when there is no money made on the run. Expenses cover costs.
Bring the guy back!

PatriYacht 03-25-2004 06:11 AM

I've seen the e-mails that were exchanged and this is stupid. The moderator must've had a few too many barley pops last night. This could hurt OSO as well as our organization.

SS930 03-25-2004 06:12 AM

who at times might be annoying...
A 4 letter word/name, he "might be annoying"... and you guys need more hints???? Hello McFly!:rolleyes:
One hint, it's not me!:D

"the fact that if **** wanted to promote this run he should pay to advertise it like everyone else" Now that is funny!!!:D

lucy 03-25-2004 06:40 AM

How about a peace party.

WesSmith 03-25-2004 07:31 AM

:D :D :D

el indio 03-25-2004 07:37 AM

peace party sounds good. make love not war.........

Ms PatriYacht 03-25-2004 08:16 AM

Originally posted by Payton
That's a bunch of crap! Why pay to advertise when there is no money made on the run. Expenses cover costs.
Bring the guy back!

When OSO emailed me stating that if War Party was going to be promoted then we should pay like everyone else, I questioned how many of the runs listed were paying to advertise. The answer I got back was that their membership paid for it

Well to the best of my knowledge anyone promoting War Party not only a has a paying membership, but I believe a platinum one. This is a clear cut case of playing favorites, or more like unfavorites:( :( :(

Whats gets me is I asked a simple question on why the thread was not moved into the poker run section and instead of a simple reply, I get a lot of crap about not paying to advertise. The last I checked, I am not in charge of War Party. Plus I think it was unprofessional of OSO to discuss it with me.

I am all for peace, but with a little bit of professionalism
as well

BLee 03-25-2004 08:23 AM

For your information it was about boating, not just Apaches.
What are you talking about? My post was pointed at the Off Topic threads that clutter up the General Boating Area. How the hell could you twist what I said into your problem?

I didn't quote you, I didn't mention anything about any specific thread. The thread starter didn't either. He was talking about how the board is getting strict on putting threads in the wrong area.

BajaRunner 03-25-2004 08:29 AM

cmon some one tell me who got banned :confused:

BLee 03-25-2004 08:30 AM

Originally posted by Roger 1
Well, let`s see. on the first page tonight we have a thread about a movie, motorcycles and outdoor grills. I think that this thread was a lot more relevant to boating than any of these.

I am not at all referencing Cashbrains Warparty thread. I am talking about the miscellanious threads that get put in General Boating that should be in Off Topic.

WARPAINT 03-25-2004 08:38 AM

Man o man who $hit in Brandon's cheerios this morning:D

Ms PatriYacht 03-25-2004 08:49 AM

Poker Run TS no ones coming at you, and sorry this is not the first time a thread took a slight turn. Your post was sort of in the middle, and at that point we had just become more focused on a particular thread that was boating related and caused a big problem. I agree with you there is a lot on BS on the general board. I am sorry if you were quoted out of context, please accept my apology:o

Roger 1 03-25-2004 08:49 AM

I am not at all referencing Cashbrains Warparty thread. I am talking about the miscellanious threads that get put in General Boating that should be in Off Topic.
Cool:cool:

BLee 03-25-2004 08:53 AM

Poker Run TS no ones coming at you, and sorry this is not the first time a thread took a slight turn. Your post was sort of in the middle, and at that point we had just become more focused on a particular thread that was boating related and caused a big problem. I agree with you there is a lot on BS on the general board. I am sorry if you were quoted out of context, please accept my apology:o
Apology accepted :) . I have to admit I was somewhat shocked. I couldn't figure out how I somehow got dragged in.

:cool:

el indio 03-25-2004 08:53 AM

GROW UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!