Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Another Digital camera question??? >

Another Digital camera question???

Notices

Another Digital camera question???

Old 04-02-2004, 12:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You probably can't go wrong if you buy a camera from one of the major manufacturers that made 35mm cameras (at least that is what i was told) I have an olympus and imo it takes great pics.
Old 04-02-2004, 12:17 PM
Registered

In my opinion, one of the most important performance features is how long it take the camera to write the picture to the memory card. I have an Olympus that is 4 years old and the time it takes for the camera to be ready to take another picture is pathetic.
Old 04-02-2004, 12:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Viper i picked that same Canon up through Walmart online and it is being discontinued. Dont know why. Still trying to figure it out. I replaced the 8 meg card with a 128, so it will take many pics on a low resolution. Also i was told that you can upload (download, whatever) the video to your hard drive so you can post some movie segments. Anyone know if this is true?
Old 04-02-2004, 03:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Waterheater,
Are you sure about the model number? The A75 was just introduced early this year according to dpreview.com I have been waiting to check one out.
Old 04-02-2004, 05:17 PM
Registered

Cool s5000

Hey Jay,
I just got the s5000 and I am still getting familiar with it. Paid $296 to the door at buy.com (US model, brand new w/ warranty) $330 with 10% coupon and free shipping/ no tax. I was also looking at the s7000 w/ the $100 rebate, but couldn't see paying close to $500 this camera will be down to @$300 within a year

It comes with (like they all do) small size 16MB xD memory card. I've already bought a the biggest card, 512MB xD, for pretty cheap ($135 and have a second available for that price if you're interested!) One thing I've noticed so far is the lens, which has awesome x22 zooming power, equivilent to like 370mm in a 35mm camera, is tough to keep the camera steady without a tripod. So I'm not sure how practical it is. Like I said, I'm still getting to 'know' the camera so maybe I'll get better at it. Love the quality of the pics at 3.2mil and the look and feel, size of camera are great.

It all depends on what you want from a digi. If you want a pocket size, go with an ELF. This one isn't small enough to drop in your pocket. But all in all it takes great shots for a good price.