Notices

Hot Tubs and Spas

Old 04-04-2004, 10:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Hot Tubs and Spas

Originally posted by Spectre Man
for therapeutic reasons, something that really gives a great massage. I

Dude.. Just go downtown to one of those chinese massage parlors..

You'll get a massage in more ways then one

Alot cheaper then a tub
Old 04-04-2004, 12:00 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by BajaRunner
you can wire it 220 and still keep it hot all the time. mine is wired that way. the electrician says its cheaper, plus it heats up faster. if you run it 110 (again this is on mine) when you turn on the jets, the heater stops, it cant run both at the same time. if you have ever been in one when its cold, they cool off after a little while. ive got a morgan. dont know how they are compared to the others, but i like it
Yeap, only way to go. Same info I have experinced when we search for ours.

We bought a Sundance 10 yrs ago and it is a high quality. Solid insulation. The less expensive ones from Lowes or such are more of the blanket insulation stapled to the side panels. Bottom is open. Not as efficent, but alot cheaper in $$.
Old 04-04-2004, 12:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Hot Springs, thats all they do is make Hot tubs, nothing else, great product, not the cheapest or best looking spa, but theroputic, and thats what I need for my back. Jeff
Old 04-04-2004, 12:52 PM
Registered

Panasonic is coming out with a new massage chair this month. It is entirely different than all other generations of massage chairs. I personally have both a spa and a chair. I have four of the new model chairs on the way and will make any OSO member a great deal.

The new design is trackless, weighs and measures you to determine where and how to massage best. I tested a pre-release version last month and was very impressed.

Andy Buzz
Maximum Home Entertainment
(813)882-8477
Old 04-04-2004, 01:34 PM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

I agree that 220 is the way to go but I was already wired 110 and didn't feel like changing it. You are correct that you cannot run both the jets and heater on 110 but I never stay in it long enough for that to be a factor.
Old 04-04-2004, 02:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a COAST SPAS for 3 years now it is great. Also not the cheapest but they are made in Canada so you can wheel and deal. It has 2 7HP pumps in it and you seat deep so to get your uper back and neck. might check them out.

Rag's
Old 04-04-2004, 05:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 138 Likes on 83 Posts

I've got a 475 gallon CalSpa with two 4 horse pumps on it. It was already at the house I bought and I'm concerned that it doesn't blast as well as I think 8 horsepower should do. It does okay, but all the little rotating nozzles don't want to spin. Gotta flick em to get them spinning.

The new stuff has really awesome looking jet stations that should really work you over.

I don't expect that nime will ever "wear out" so I'm kind of stuck with it.

I'm sure you can find better.

Gas heat works wonderful.
Old 04-04-2004, 06:36 PM
Registered

Have you seen the new 2004 model Hotspring Wow! line is a piece of art! They are owned by Masco corp trades public includes schlage, kwikset,Craftmaid cabinets and a host of others including the largest eastcoast insulation,gutters,closets,etc. companies.
We have our third Grande on the roof with ocean and bay view and 102 deg 365 days a year
Out standing warranties and support.
JIm
Old 04-04-2004, 07:07 PM
Are we having fun, yet?
Charter Member

Spectre - Check out the Hawkeye Spas, built right here in Richmond, Va. They have several sizes with all sorts of jet configurations. Phone number 804-231-7727. Open 7 days. my .02
Old 04-04-2004, 07:09 PM
Registered

I have a sundance spa. It is suppose to be the best theraputic spa made. Very expensive but works great and service is excelllent.

Quick Reply: Hot Tubs and Spas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.