Notices

Donzi Criterion??

Old 04-05-2004, 08:31 PM
JGB
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Donzi Criterion??

1978-1981... Any condition considered. If any of the Offshore Only brethren knows of one or how to track one down it would be really appreciated. This is another one of those hard to find really cool little boats. If anyone has any info please private message me or email [email protected]. Thanks in advance

Jim
Old 04-05-2004, 09:12 PM
JGB
Registered

Very cool Corrado! Thanks and please do PM me or email me with any info you can scrape up. Thanks in advance,

Jim
Old 04-06-2004, 06:55 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

The Criterion sure is a cool classic boat. There is a guy up here who used to own a Donzi dealership back in the late 70's and he had a 79 Criterion with a 370hp 454/TRS package. It sure was a nice looking rig and it seemed to ride better than any other boat of similar size because of the drivers position so far back. His was white with red hullsides and stripe down the deck. This boat was just another one of his toys, he rarely used it, and lived in his huge garage with his classic Corvette collection. He sold it several years back and I have not seen it since.

Good luck finding one. I know they are becoming very collectible $$$

Kurt
Old 04-06-2004, 06:56 AM
JGB
Registered

Thanks for some color Fred, They did also make a 2 seater criterion which eliminated the passeneger seating area forward of the center console. IF you ever see pictures of you'll agree that for a 22 footer the deck goes on forever and ever...and ever!!
Old 04-06-2004, 07:00 AM
JGB
Registered

Thanks Kurt, no doubt they are hard to come by. I figure it is worth trying at the very least for such a cool looking boat. Thanks for everyone's comments and any leads in tracking one down.
Old 04-06-2004, 07:16 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Just a shot in the dark but several years ago RPM in New Jersey had a Criterion with a Merc 400 Cyclone that was real clean. I was very interested in it, they sent me pics and It looked real nice. The boat sold before I had my ducks in a row. They just might know were it went???

Kurt
Old 04-06-2004, 07:45 AM
JGB
Registered

Shots in the dark with these types of boat are sometimes the only thing we have to go on. I'll follow it up! Thanks Kurt.
Old 04-06-2004, 10:06 AM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Sent you a PM
Bowrider w/walkthru windshield

I should of said: "walk through between two windshields to the front passenger compartment"
Attached Thumbnails Donzi Criterion??-criterion.jpg  

Last edited by Lee; 04-06-2004 at 11:13 AM.
Old 04-06-2004, 10:07 AM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Attached Thumbnails Donzi Criterion??-criterionii.jpg  
Old 04-06-2004, 10:13 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Donzi produced 29 Criterions in three varieties:

Criterion: 15 produced. Rear bench seat, walk through between two windshields to the front passenger compartment. Available LH or RH steering. Know where the majority of the surviving ones are. None known to be currently for sale..

Critertion II: 10 produced. Rear bench seat only, no walk through or forward seat. Removeable console between the passengers. LH steering only. Rumored to have been mostly twin turbo motors, none are currently known to exist.

Criterion SS: 4 produced. Rear bench seat, no walk through, forward "rumble seat" under a hatch. First 2 had hydraulic hatches, others did not. RH steering only. Blue catalog boat was also the Miamuh boat show boat, currently in my possession Wherabouts of the other 3 known, none for sale at any price..
Attached Thumbnails Donzi Criterion??-mvc-211f.jpg  

Quick Reply: Donzi Criterion??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.