Like Tree0Likes

Oklahoma Lakes

Reply
Old 04-12-2004, 11:46 PM
  #61
Registered
 
blown formula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Lake Eufaula, Ok.
My Boats: 312 Formula & 31SS Sonic
Posts: 1,506
Default

Great!! Let's stay in touch. I'll do my best to remind you... I will also post in the Poker Runs section later with the details.
blown formula is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 12:29 AM
  #62
Charter Mod
Charter Member
 
BLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: E Dock
My Boats: Cigarette - "90MPH" Edition
Posts: 6,551
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by blown formula
Great!! Let's stay in touch. I'll do my best to remind you... I will also post in the Poker Runs section later with the details.
Aren't there some stumps and shallow areas over there, or is it pretty clear. I would like to come but I'm not interested in shearing off a drive for it.
BLee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 12:43 AM
  #63
Registered
 
blown formula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Lake Eufaula, Ok.
My Boats: 312 Formula & 31SS Sonic
Posts: 1,506
Default

Yes, there are some stumps.... but no more hazards than on Grand. The hazards on Grand are a lot HARDER!! Solid rock in between islands, Two Tree Island, Pelicans ( )!!, etc. Overall there is nothing to worry about especially in the spring when the water is higher. Later in the summer, you want to stay in the main channels. Again, most stump hits will glance off the drives as they are in water 45 feet deep so the trees move when hit. I have never lost a drive or prop here. A sandy bottom is not near as hard as Grands solid rock!! Stay in the channels where all the big guys run and there is no problem. "Tree'd" areas are marked on the maps anyway. Nothing to worry about.

Clear water, sandy beaches... and tastes better than salt!! You can beach a boat here I not destroy your gelcoat.
blown formula is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 08:57 AM
  #64
Transplanted to KS
Gold Member
 
Outlawcowgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Topeka, KS
My Boats: 1993 24 ft Baja Outlaw that is too loud for the State of Kansas
Posts: 1,685
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by blown formula
EUFAULA LAKE... kinda' got lost in the Grand Lake clutter!!

I used to boat Grand but moved on to Eufaula... for a lot of reasons.. the rough water was one reason, there is a reason some many LARGE boats are on Grand. Just wait until you are hit with a 5 foot roller with no boat in sight!! Launched does not begin to explain it! Pontoons have rolled over in the roller up there. No kidding.

Eufaula is the only lake in Oklahoma to offer over $10,000.00 1st place prize in a Poker Run (Golden Eagle Poker Ruin- June 12,2004) They pay to 6th place.
We will have entries from at least 5 states... even Dragonheart showed up last year. A great contingent from Kansas City area was also there. All OSO members.
We have over 650 MILES of sand beach (something Grand does not have) and very good running room as the lake is over 75 miles long. The favorite gathering spot for the "performance" crowd is "The Cut" on the island in front of my home. Every boat running to the cut has to go by my house. Killer sounds!! I love it.

P Offshore- your gang will have to come this year. I know Fountain 38 will be there.... with the woman of course!!
George, we will be at the Poker run again in June! See you then!!!
Outlawcowgirl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 09:12 AM
  #65
Registered
 
blown formula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Lake Eufaula, Ok.
My Boats: 312 Formula & 31SS Sonic
Posts: 1,506
Default

Great!! Looking forward to it. I hope your friends don't have trouble this year.....
blown formula is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 09:19 AM
  #66
Charter Mod
Charter Member
 
BLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: E Dock
My Boats: Cigarette - "90MPH" Edition
Posts: 6,551
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by blown formula
Yes, there are some stumps.... but no more hazards than on Grand. The hazards on Grand are a lot HARDER!! Solid rock in between islands, Two Tree Island, Pelicans ( )!!, etc. Overall there is nothing to worry about especially in the spring when the water is higher. Later in the summer, you want to stay in the main channels. Again, most stump hits will glance off the drives as they are in water 45 feet deep so the trees move when hit. I have never lost a drive or prop here. A sandy bottom is not near as hard as Grands solid rock!! Stay in the channels where all the big guys run and there is no problem. "Tree'd" areas are marked on the maps anyway. Nothing to worry about.

Clear water, sandy beaches... and tastes better than salt!! You can beach a boat here I not destroy your gelcoat.
Well, I wasn't comparing it to Grand, just wanted to know if you can actually run without many problems. A friend of mine has a place there. How do I get the entry form.
BLee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 01:04 PM
  #67
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Von Bongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Iowa - Missouri
My Boats: 1997 Cig Kevlar - powered by Boyd
Posts: 3,904
Default

Yea,

please post links to the poker runs on these lakes!
Von Bongo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 01:28 PM
  #68
Transplanted to KS
Gold Member
 
Outlawcowgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Topeka, KS
My Boats: 1993 24 ft Baja Outlaw that is too loud for the State of Kansas
Posts: 1,685
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by blown formula
Great!! Looking forward to it. I hope your friends don't have trouble this year.....
Let's hope no one does. May it be a break down free Poker Run!!!!!
Outlawcowgirl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 09:33 PM
  #69
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Fountain38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Pryor, Ok.
My Boats: 2003 36 Daytona with 500 EFI's
Posts: 448
Default

PokerRun, all I do is follow someone who knows the lake. That usually works for me. This is an outstanding run, although it is not very competive. People just do there own thing and hit whatever card pickup they want to, and when they want to. Then everyone heads to the cut. Nice sandy beachs out of the wind. Its not Grand, but it is fun and a change of pace.
Fountain38 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 10:21 PM
  #70
Registered
 
eyezlee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Broken Arrow/Grand Lake, OK
My Boats: SOLD!
Posts: 1,797
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by blown formula
I used to boat Grand but moved on to Eufaula... for a lot of reasons.. the rough water was one reason, there is a reason some many LARGE boats are on Grand. Just wait until you are hit with a 5 foot roller with no boat in sight!! Launched does not begin to explain it!
Is this Offshore Only or Pond Boating only. How about Y-O-U load 'er up and come back to Grand once this summer. What's the use of having an offshore capable boat if you never hit a wave with it? Just bustin balls. LOL!!!!!
eyezlee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
apache21
Grand Lake/LOTO/E-Dock
2
09-18-2006 10:06 AM
johnnyboatman
General Boating Discussion
4
03-10-2006 03:39 PM
hugetime1
General Boating Discussion
8
07-11-2005 10:57 AM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:22 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.