Notices

Thank You Myco

Old 04-13-2004, 05:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

stevebaretta : The kitchen sink is in the new tow rig.
Attached Thumbnails Thank You Myco-1-pete.jpg  
Old 04-13-2004, 05:31 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Just kidding. That truck exists only in my dreams! The trailer is real, but the truck is not. Well, the truck IS real, but it is not mine! Admit it, I had you going for a minute though.
Old 04-13-2004, 05:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hot Duck-
Do you have a side view with the aluminum wheels?
And is that the standard aluminum wheel style they use?
Thanks-
Old 04-13-2004, 06:01 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

Hot Duck,

Are you have a fifth wheel conversion installed on your F550????? I know that bad boy has enough power to do the job.

DPT
Old 04-13-2004, 10:51 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Why doesn't Myco cover the back of the fenders? I looked at a boat that was on a Myco that had several rock chips right at the backside of the fenders.
Old 04-14-2004, 01:09 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thunder32 : I don't have a picture of the wheels on this particular trailer, but here is a picture of a set of their standard wheels on the Cigarette trailer.
Attached Thumbnails Thank You Myco-1-myco-wheels.jpg  
Old 04-14-2004, 01:22 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

DPT MOTORSPORTS : My truck has a gooseneck hitch in the bed. It is the kind where the ball comes out and is stored back in the hole upside-down until it is needed. The loops for the safety chains are spring loaded and are also flush with the bed floor until needed. With the bed mat in there covering the hole and the safety chain loops, you would never know the hitch is there. That's the only reason why I have a bed mat in there. The Rhino Lining works to protect the bed, but the bed mat covers that hitch and it's parts.

As for the truck, it should do the job pretty well. It's not a Peterbilt, but it is still well within it's weight limits. We'll find out how it does pretty soon, huh? Maybe we will be able to justify that Peterbilt after all.

Last edited by Hot Duck; 04-14-2004 at 02:22 AM.
Old 04-14-2004, 02:18 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

US1 Fountain : That's a good questions and I guess they have a reason that they leave it open. Possibly for ease of replacing a fender should you ding one or something. Maybe it is so that they can use a production fender. It could be to make it easier to rinse the brakes after being in the water. I honestly don't know. I have no doubt, however, that they could close in the back side of the fender if you wanted it done.

After reading your post, I took some time and went through some old pictures and I have never had a boat trailer that didn't have the back side of the fenders open. I have had Load Rite, Eagle, EZ Loader, Owens & Sons, Myco and a few others in the past and they have all been open.

From looking at some web pages, it seems that some other custom manufacturers such as Manning and Extreme have built them both ways. Again, like these manufacturers, I am sure that Myco could close the backside if you wanted it done.

I guess that I am fortunate that it has never been a problem, but if it ever becomes and issue, it would not be any big deal to close in the back side of the fenders.

Last edited by Hot Duck; 04-18-2004 at 11:26 PM.
Old 04-14-2004, 06:24 AM
Registered

Received 287 Likes on 106 Posts

i like the water tanks , how many gallons?? you guys have got some top line toys
Old 04-14-2004, 07:01 AM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

My Trail Rite had the panels behind the fenders. 1/4" treated plywood with bunk carpet stapled on. Just clamped to some brackets. Easy to do if you need em. Keeps the mud, rocks etc off the boat.
BTW...that Myco is a beauty.

Dan

Quick Reply: Thank You Myco

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.