Let it lie
16.95%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Help me choose this battle

Old 04-18-2004, 07:14 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Its the company's property end of topic !!! having a company car is a perk and if the company's paying rules are rules!!! As for the phone I (like/hate) my nextel up here in NE the coverage is a bit spotty but again company's paying here ya go.. If she wants her own she can go out and get one from T Mobile or whoever..My top producer at work is a little Quirky with some things and I do let some go to keep the peace but I don't flex on policy(and he has never pushed that) Tough spot for her to put you in..
Good luck!!
Bob
Old 04-18-2004, 07:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I kind of wish you had posted a pic with the car/lettering.

I'm not sure that the lettering on your vehicles is providing a marketing benefit. Quite frankly, if your clients are hospitals (I'm in hospital admin) and health care facilities, they aren't seeing the lettering. While your employee's reference to pizza delivery does make the point that usually only service and delivery vehicles
are lettered/stickered; I find it troublesome that this associate has taken such a strong stand.

Maybe you don't really need the lettering. It depends how sensitive you are to personal use. She clearly intends to use the vehicle for personal use, for use doing conflicting business, or she is ashamed of your company.

Top producers are great. Fortunatley or unfortunatley we are in a job market that is full of unemployed professionals, depending on which end ofthe stick you are on.

Do what you want with the vehicles, but start training her replacement. It's a service world, and attitude is absolutely everything. She is not a team player. If she is this self centered and problematic, she will eventually piss off your clients or just steal them and undercut you.

Hire someone who isn't embarrased to work for you.

There are about 1,000 good salespeople that would show up with their best suit on to get a job with this kind of compensation package. And go after sales agressively to please you.

The car isn't the real issue here. It's the cancer growing on your company in the form of this associate. Get rid of her before it spreads. Hire somebody who would wear a T-Shirt with the company name on it on the weekend.
Old 04-18-2004, 08:03 AM
Fightclub

Default PITA

What do you do with a top producer that is a PITA? You hire 10 more just like her. NOT!!!

The only issue with having a top producer that is defiant of policy is they can corrupt your sales group QUICK...

You need to sit her down on MONDAY and let her know she may be a top sales person but does not set policy for your organization. If you allow her to play by her own set of rules you may as well work for her... because the rest of your sales team is not going to respect or ever listen to you again.

MY .02... And having lived through it don't make the same mistakes I did.

If she doesn't comply with policy fire her. you have a short window to get this undercontrol.

Old 04-18-2004, 08:11 AM
Fightclub

Originally posted by burtandnancy
Let her lease her own car (but give some upper and lower limits) and the same with the phone. Key sales people are worth giving a little more to...
Yes key salespeople are worth going the extra mile for but only if they are team players... They have to play by the rules as it pertains to company policy... NO SPECIAL PHONES.... CARS.... how you treat the top salespeople better than others is in the basic comp plan allow them to make more money...

You can not build and effective selling team with a bunch of Lone Wolf's... It may work in a salesforce of 4 -6... But will never work in a selling team of more than that.

my .02

Old 04-18-2004, 09:35 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try Running a Post Office with more then 1 set of union rules to Follow. The best way to run it you ask? Run it by the book for EVERYONE. Once you change one rule for one person, 5 minutes later EVERYONE knows. and now EVERYONE is thinking of a rule they want changed for them. EVERYONE is replaceable EVERYONE. Here are the rules and company policy, If You don't like them? There is the EXIT door.

This way you save yourself from having every other employee years to come from coming to you with petty bull ****. They will already know how you manage, "by the book." This way they know the answer already and won't waste your time.

Step Up or " YOU'RE FIRED"
Old 04-18-2004, 09:37 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

NO OFFENSE PLEASE, BUT GET A SET AND GET BACK TO WORK MONDAY!
Attached Thumbnails Help me choose this battle-nuts.jpg  
Old 04-18-2004, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, at least that squirrel doesn't ever have to go looking for a nut....

But, I agree....rules is rules. Follow them. That's what's wrong with people today - the rules apply to everyone but them, cuz they're so special....
Old 04-19-2004, 11:30 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

can I come work for you, if I am your top seller, I require a 2004 TS Top Gun without company lettering, otherwise FORGET YOU!