Notices

c6 corvette pricing ?

Old 04-18-2004, 08:43 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally posted by LPA2106
I don't like the c-5.....it still needs much more work in the cockpit to bring it up to snuff
Good, then don't buy one.

Originally posted by LPA2106
....it is a great car but dosen't appeal to more sophisticated well educated people....they buy 911's...360's and AmG's or M-3's....
Excuse me?? Who the heck asked you?? I own a nice C5...fun car, but that makes me unsophisticated and uneducated?? It's a frickin car...who cares?? Go back to your dual computer screens, oh...and as you go by in your Porsche, Ferarri, AMG, or whatever, I'll be the person that isn't impressed. Sheesh...what a duffer
Old 04-18-2004, 10:11 PM
Danny_Ocean

....it is a great car but dosen't appeal to more sophisticated well educated people....they buy 911's...360's and AmG's or M-3's....
And that's why guys with 911's, Ferrari's & BMW's (and/or the women with them), when stopped next to me at a light, can't stop looking at my ride (or pretend not to see it)...

But I guess he's right...I only have a high-school education, so I'm destined for a C3.

Sheesh...

D. Ocean
Pompano Beach, FLA

Old 04-19-2004, 02:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LPA2106 You are a douche bag! You must be from So Cal! Get a life...
Old 04-19-2004, 06:57 AM
Registered

nice ride danny

Cobra Marty....where the heck did you find a deal like that WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-19-2004, 02:40 PM
LPA2106

C6 engine:
Latest is the Generation-IV, all-aluminum engine with cast-iron liners, its displacement bumped from 5.7 liters in the Gen III/LS1 to 6.0 liters in the new LS2. The new engine makes a fat, square 400 horsepower (up from 350) and 400 pound-feet of low-rev torque and yet spools to a lofty 6500 rpm. It packages neatly into the same space as the LS1 but shaves 15.4 pounds. Stroke remains 92mm (3.6 inches). The bores are hogged out to 101.6mm (4.0 inches) from 99mm (3.9 inches). The compression ratio is up from the LS1's 10.1:1 to 10.9:1 in the LS2, putting additional squeeze on the intake charge to improve brake-specific fuel consumption. Powdered-metal forged connecting rods spin on a cast nodular-iron crank; pushrods.

...just one question....

why is the C6 a pushrod engine? high tech equals DOHC
-Porsche
-Benz/AMG
-BMW/M3
-Lamb's
-Viper is OHV
-Hondas are OHV
-Ferrari's
-Toyotas
-Maybe the C7? I am just "tired" of an auto having rods...I like the DOHC/Multivalve approach much more...most "track" cars are...

That's were the money is saved...pushrods....older tech..it works and it can handle it...but the rest of the world is much more engine savy...almost 11:1 comp ratio is interesting ...that I like

Old 04-19-2004, 02:58 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally posted by Indy
Good, then don't buy one.

Excuse me?? Who the heck asked you?? I own a nice C5...fun car, but that makes me unsophisticated and uneducated?? It's a frickin car...who cares?? Go back to your dual computer screens, oh...and as you go by in your Porsche, Ferarri, AMG, or whatever, I'll be the person that isn't impressed. Sheesh...what a duffer
Well, I earned an MBA (I have nothing to base my sophistication on), and I didn't buy that M3 because I bought my wife a 528 (a few years back), and I didn't want to of the same kind of car, so I bought a Vette. I must have just whished away 9 years of college by buying the Vette. Ya know, I feel stupider ever since I done got that thur Core Vet.

When LPA2106 comes down from that high he's on, he's going to be hurtin'

As far as C6 prices, www.corvetteforum.com or www.z06vette.com are my two faves. I went on line, got a deal on a car (a C5 Z06 last spring), then went locally to get them to match or beat that. If I didn't, I'd have had one shipped in. I did, so I bought "locally" (an hour away). As Hunter used to say, "works for me."

Good luck. If you like it, buy it. I found dealers that would not budge on cars (like the 50th ann car), so I walked away. Eventually, I found dealers that wanted to, get this, SELL cars.

What's the big Vette place in Motown? Les Stanford? Might try them too. I never contacted them.

Mark
Old 04-19-2004, 03:26 PM
LPA2106

..like hitman says I am a douche bag

Probably an attitude problem because I was unhappy with my 1980 Vette....had to have the "engine done right" for a few more grand....suspension too..bad paint job..fit and finish was horrible....handling was questionable....I was sucked in ...should have test driven it

....they are a lot better now..my C6 wish list is similar to the editors of many magazines out there...a lot more could have been done to the interior...and a DOHC engine @ 500Hp option should be here YESTERDAY

...I take back my abrasive words...once burned I guess...

....it's a lot of bang for the buck for sure...but not a Viper killer....A Cobra pony car will give it a good run for it's money...

...marketing at GM should have the new "Z06" ready to go....all it would take is throwing on a blower....ask Bill Ford if that can be done...

...guess we have to be nice to the 'vette...what other "cars" does GM have that are performance oriented?

...a word to the wise...don't test drive a Boxster S or 911 or 911 Turbo or Modena....or my ordered E55 AMG

read a few words about my AMG sedan:

"With all this technology and German craftsmanship, you'd expect a certain level of performance but this is overkill. Stab the accelerator and the car rockets forward with such thrust it frightens small children and puppies. Even from a dead stop, the E55 surges forward with such urgency, such abandon that you have to resist the temptation to let your foot off the gas. Then again there's that other half of your brain (you know, the half that likes fast bikes, troubled women and megasize roller coasters) that keeps yelling, "Faster! Faster!" As the car hits third gear, there is a definite kicked-in-the-gut feeling as its rpm and speed climb so quickly the speedometer looks like the second hand on a wall clock. As the speed builds, so does the mechanical symphony. The worked motor growls and the exhaust snarls with real race-car enthusiasm. "This is a street car?" I found myself asking — then, as it became obvious that the mighty engine would continue to pull hard in all gears regardless of speed, the only word I could get out was "Awesome." Too bad the 1980s watered down that word to the point that it has become meaningless because this car is truly awe-inspiring". With a $200 chip it goes almost 200mph...

...for 75k

It is scary compared to anything I have ever driven...go to a Benz dealer they are ENCOURAGING FREE TEST DRIVES THIS MONTH!

...do it for the fun of it...

Last edited by LPA2106; 04-19-2004 at 03:56 PM.

Old 04-19-2004, 04:53 PM
LPA2106

a buddy of mine sent me this e-mail from the supposed chevy boys...

"At first, the c6 is to have dual cams, not ohc. It will be OHV, and the cams will switch dynamically.

A few years into the run, it is to have a completely camless engine. Supposedly dynamic calculation."

article on camless engines:
http://www.autospeed.com/cms/article.html?&A=0910

hope this makes up for my previous sour attitude...
Attached Images  

Old 04-19-2004, 07:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hmmm

Im guessing after that it will be hydrogen powered
Old 04-19-2004, 07:55 PM
LPA2106

SO far it looks like BMW is the leader in Hydrogen/Gas hybrid engines...making almost 200HP on hydrogen...most US Hydro puppies are lower HP

Running on hydrogen, the 745h produces 184 horsepower and can achieve a top speed of 215 km/h (133 mph). The cruising range is 310 km (190 miles). Added to the 640 km (400 miles) range of the normal fuel tank, the 745h can go 950 km (600 miles) between fill-ups.

Quick Reply: c6 corvette pricing ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.