Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
my racing debut is cancelled >

my racing debut is cancelled

Notices

my racing debut is cancelled

Old 04-24-2004, 08:34 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

well ls jr , grow up. just like someone the other day posted that you should be thankfull that your pop introduced u to a pb life at a young age . i'm twice your age and you don't have a clue about real life. your a kid. so enjoy your youth and don't be a smart ass like posts 19 & 21. repsect isn't bought, traded, or found in a box, it's earned.
Old 04-24-2004, 08:36 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Audiofn
Now lets get this thread back on topic. If you did a little something something for her then I think it is only fair that she does a little something something for you. I am talking about some freeky circuis sex, pictures to be posted in the uncensored section

Jon
rotflmao both of us.
Old 04-24-2004, 09:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Open", it does not make one whit's difference of who might agree, or disagree with your decision. What is important is that you did what was best for you. Bottom line is while some may have different opinions, all should respect you for doing what you felt was right. And NO ONE has the right to be disrespectful just because they might not have done the same thing. I have always said, that just because two people disagree, does not automatically mean one has to be wrong. It just means two people see the same issue from a different point of view, usually because of their life's experiences. People will disagree with me and I will defend their right to do that.

I applaud you for your lack of "selfishness". No matter what anyone else might say, that takes courage. RIGHT ON!!!!!!!
Old 04-24-2004, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by BRUCE SEROFF
What the hell does that have to do with the topic of this thread??

Sometimes I wonder why I continue to defend you.

Many wonder why anybody defends him. Maybe people are starting to realize what Peconic is all about.

Last edited by Phantom1; 04-24-2004 at 09:39 AM.
Old 04-24-2004, 03:58 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

Open you made the right decision and PECONIC is a moron - PERIOD! BH
Old 04-25-2004, 06:33 AM
LOBSTERBOY

JUSTIFICATION! JUSTIFICATION! JUSTIFICATION!

Dear OPEN

I have been involved in the sport of offshore racing for over 20 years !

In the 80's it was sportsman classes ,in the 90's was factory classes all the way to PX / Superboat unlimited

When i got married over 8 years ago i made a promise to my wife i would not race anymore !

Well our first child was born and after two years of changing diapers and falling into the same routine my trill in life was no longer ! I think my words where " I don't feel like i am alive anymore"

We"ll an opportunity came for me to jump back into a race boat , my wife and i went for dinner and i asked her what she felt about me racing again ? She said " I don't !" Well i did race anyway ,but i must admit i realized how much my life had changed , the hole time i was wondering if everything was OK at home ? Was my child OK ? That weekend ,racing was just not that fun !I realized i had something i really never had before !" priority's"

But i justified it ! Well things will change , other guys have family's and they race ! And so on, and so forth !

When Jack Carmody died i justified it again ! Well Jack was claustrophobic and he didn't have a fully enclosed canopy ! That's why he died" honey" !

And when the gecko boat ejected Dominic out of the boat and cut his arm off a few years ago ! I justified it " well he was in an open boat and if he was in a canopy like me " honey " he would be OK !

Well a couple of months ago Bill Gazell {great adventure} called me ! He has been racing for over 30 years ! He has world championship titles in the 70's 80's and the 90's and wanted to try and win one in this decade ! And asked me to drive for him , i accepted with great honor !

I told my wife it was a slower class and their was no danger ! JUSTIFYING again !

My son is now 7 years old and loves boat racing and ask anyone that knows him he knows ever boat and team out there , but last year when Jack Stoerly died he was there and every time i go racing he gets so stressed out that i am at the point were i don't even tell him there is a race that weekend ,that daddy is just going to work !

Well on Friday i was talking to my wife when the bad news came ! I found myself justifying again ! well "honey" my boat is so much slower and that could never happen you know , you get the picture !

Well her response was , "what about when Jason Priestly went over the Pier57 boat ? That could happen to YOU !"

She had me , for once i had no response ,she had me !There was no more justifying !

She said "A $5 trophy is more important then your family ?

With all the justification i had done over the years! I had never looked at it that way!!!

I made her another promise ! I will continue to go to the races , but now i will stay on the beach with my "family " and cheer my friends on !

Yours truly !

Marc Lafleur

Old 04-25-2004, 06:55 AM
Registered

i gotta say , oso has some first class gentlemen. thanks to all- i appreciate the support. my gal just had a gut feeling - we have a really big project ending on the 28th and i will post that story then, we have been talking and in the future she would like to see me race , she knows how much it means to me, just not today . i think that the program chris has is a excellent. i am going over to biloxi in a few hours and will snap a few pics of the bat boat for her. it really saddens me though that so many great men have lost life to this sport and may they all rest in that big ocean we call heaven..peace.......
Old 04-25-2004, 07:05 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lobsta,
back to the Gecko boat taking off Dominic's arm....... That wasnt my boat I hope. Was it the Gladiator???
Old 04-25-2004, 07:09 AM
LOBSTERBOY

No Brett

It was an Activator 27 footer

Old 04-25-2004, 11:56 AM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by d-hlaw
Lobsta,
back to the Gecko boat taking off Dominic's arm....... That wasnt my boat I hope. Was it the Gladiator???
No Brett, but the Virgin boat was the first boat that stopped and arrived on the scene. I remember it shook up Todd and Tres.

Marc, I guess you can party a little HARDER @ the races now.

Quick Reply: my racing debut is cancelled

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.