Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Receiving "cards" from a dock at a poker run. >

Receiving "cards" from a dock at a poker run.

Notices

Receiving "cards" from a dock at a poker run.

Old 04-25-2004, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will look into the spring clamps and see what that's about.

With the extreme fine netting, the corners of the envelopes do not get caught in the fish net and is very easy to get the cards out. Not one person had any trouble at all.

Yeah, I was kind of surprised at how many boats struggled with just idling past a dock. That particular location can be a hassle if the tide is running strong, it's just inside "New Pass", between north end of Lido Key and south end of Longboat Key. Watching a few leaves floating in the water, it was slack. Little bit of wind blowing towards the dock, but with the big OPBA flag right there, that allows the boats to guage wind direction and strength. It was really surprising at the difference of "levels of ease" that the fleet came through that card stop. Like I said earlier, a few boats really whacked the dock pretty good. I was afraid one boat crunched it's engine louvre but it looked okay when he got going. The "worst approach" banged the dock/pilings five times before clearing the dock.

Just remember, you can easily stay a ways off and still pluck the cards easily. That way no one has any reason to be nervous. Hope this post helps people. That is it's intention.
Old 04-25-2004, 09:17 AM
Registered

Forgot to mention, I don't remember which boat it was, but whatever boat had the four ladies on the sunpad in thongs definitely received the "eye candy" award and was appreciated by all males in the area. And probably a few females as well. It was a heavenly sight to behold.
Old 04-25-2004, 09:42 AM
Registered

so.....where's the pics???
Old 04-25-2004, 09:49 AM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

So, did cuda break anything when he slammed into the dock?? LOL!! I've heard those kaama's are hard to steer slow.....

We always use clothes pins for out poker run. Works pretty well. One boat promises the winning card if you bring them some sort of "interesting" beer. They have a long net for RECEIVING that contribution!! I've never won though.... I think they are scamming me.

Last edited by Waterfoul; 04-25-2004 at 09:54 AM.
Old 04-25-2004, 09:52 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

we use potato chip clips on the end of a extending pole
and use floating stops that you circle to the outside
Attached Thumbnails Receiving "cards" from a dock at a poker run.-card-stop.jpg  
Old 04-25-2004, 01:48 PM
Banned

Russ, your set up was perfect. Two weeks ago, we were on a poker run with stop at a cruiser out in the gulf. They had a short handled landing net that must have been damn near four feet deep. It was a pain in the azz! You had to haul up four feet of net to get to the cards, all this while trying to stay stationary out on the bumpy gulf with a boat that is also pitching.

The eye candy sunpad must have been that older white Scarab that we were calling the Miami Vice Boat. I'll have to check the pictures to see if we got any of them. He definetly had the best crew! One was so hot it was hurting me to look at her at the party.
Old 04-25-2004, 01:50 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Waterfoul
So, did cuda break anything when he slammed into the dock?? LOL!! I've heard those kaama's are hard to steer slow.....

No dock rash for the Cuda man. Just as we were pulling up, Russ stuck the net out so we could see how far it stuck out. It was the easiest pick up we've done in a while! Too bad you didn't make it down to the motel for the party. We were looking for you.
Old 04-25-2004, 01:55 PM
Registered

The official "Cuda Report" - EXCELLENT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-25-2004, 01:59 PM
Registered

Had an emergency with one of our dogs. Got back to the truck to head over to the party and Deb had left a message one of our dogs had cut her foot badly and she couldn't stop the bleeding. Had to take her to the Vet's couple hundred dollars and some stitches and she's fine. Cut it on a sea shell believe it or not. Sorry I missed the party, was looking forward to it. See ya next Thur. nite at Mirage for the meeting.
Old 04-25-2004, 02:55 PM
Banned

Russ, would this be the sunpad in question??
Attached Thumbnails Receiving "cards" from a dock at a poker run.-spring-2004-pr-010.jpg  

Quick Reply: Receiving "cards" from a dock at a poker run.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.