Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Ringo is some BAD AZZ Chit!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/77542-ringo-some-bad-azz-chit.html)

OldSchool 04-25-2004 07:09 PM

Ringo is some BAD AZZ Chit!!!

1 Attachment(s)
I don't know if you all remember the thread about Ringo, but I just have to post these pics of results. I'm not sure what caused it, but last weekend the bottom of my boat got major stains on the hull in the Potomac. The water was muddy looking, but in the 20 years that I've been boating on the river, I've never seen anything like it!!! This stuff works!! And no fumes like On/Off:crazy: :crazy: I used a brush and applied it, waited a few minutes and sprayed it off. No more words needed, look at the pics.

Viper340 here on the board sold me this stuff, thanks Dave!!

OldSchool 04-25-2004 07:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The other side, it wasn't as bad on this side.

Steve_H 04-25-2004 09:14 PM

i bought a bottle also last fall but never got a chance to use it.
can it be used on painted surfaces?

Viper340 , can you refresh my memory?

CAP071 04-25-2004 09:45 PM

WOW :eek:

US1 Fountain 04-25-2004 09:53 PM

Why is one side redish , the other blue?

OldSchool 04-25-2004 09:58 PM

Originally posted by US1 Fountain
Why is one side redish , the other blue?
It's not. I think that it's just the way that the sunlight was hitting it.

MitchStellin 04-25-2004 10:01 PM

You sure your not boating in stain? Looks like red cedar:D

BillR 04-26-2004 11:56 AM

Yes it can be used on paint.

Vyper340 is out of town till Friday.

Miami 04-26-2004 01:26 PM

Yes ringo works graet......... however was reading another thread ( cannot remember weather it was this website or another ) in which Kim from Waxing Frenzy claimed it was damaging to gelcoat. Viper340 says it will not take off the wax. Inquiring minds want to know the truth!!!!!!

Reckless32 04-26-2004 02:21 PM

Man that must be some crappy water up in the Potomac.....OR on/off has been used on that hull making it yellow really quick...:eek: Looks like you better stock up Craig...:(

OldSchool 04-27-2004 07:09 AM

Originally posted by Reckless32
Man that must be some crappy water up in the Potomac.....OR on/off has been used on that hull making it yellow really quick...:eek: Looks like you better stock up Craig...:(
I think that it was something in the water (fungus or something). Didn't happen last fall! I ordered some Frenzy to wax the bottom with, just waitin' on it to get here!

And, for the record, It was doo-doo brown for the color, not yellow!!:p :p

Strip Poker 388 04-27-2004 08:24 AM

Must of been in the Red Sea:eek: :D :D

I wonder if it etching the bottom gel coat making it stain easier??

Downtown42 04-27-2004 09:14 AM

geez, a couple days and you got to deal with that?

OldSchool 04-27-2004 09:55 AM

Originally posted by Downtown42
geez, a couple days and you got to deal with that?
Like I said , It's never happened before.

BillR 04-27-2004 10:02 AM

Ringo does not harm gel. On/Off does.

Miami 04-27-2004 10:47 AM

Originally posted by BillR
Ringo does not harm gel. On/Off does.
aware that On/off, the acis is harmfull to gelcoat. What proof do you or Viper340 have that Ringo does not. Please do not take this the wrong way. I want to use Ringo. what facts or evidence do you have regarding it's safety on wax and / or gelcoat. Please convince me

thanks

Chris288 04-27-2004 10:58 AM

Since when is on-off harmful to gel coat or fiberglass ??

Marykate's On & Off hull and bottom cleaner

The hottest selling hull cleaner on the marine market today!

Instantly removes waterline stains, algae stains, rust and gas exhaust stains. Softens barnacles for easy removal. Not harmful to fiberglass. Simply brush on and rinse away. Biodegradable.

A little information about this cleaner and what it will remove:

If it is a stain, MaryKate's On & Off Hull & Bottom cleaner, which basically contains a combination of three different acids - including oxalic acid which will remove tree sap, gas, rust, diesal soot etc. It is very powerful stuff, and you DO NOT want to get on any metal or fabric, it is however, safe for fiberglass non-skid gelcoats decks .You should also try not to get it on your trailer, concrete, blacktop etc.

This will usually do the trick, if it is being really stubborn, very, very lightly agitate with a fine bronze wool pad and use the ON & OFF (but this is only used as the last resort). Be sure to rinse away fibers from wool pad after your done.

You will then need to reapply a wax or polish on the area that you cleaned with the On & Off cleaner, as with any hull or abrasive cleaner.

Macklin 04-27-2004 12:14 PM

I can speak from experience here. I think we all know how caustic On/Off is. Ringo is nothing like that. I have been using it for two solid summers with great success and absolutely no apparent wear on the gelcoat. As a matter of fact, I do not wax my bottom anymore like I used to. When it starts to yellow just a bit I give it a quick application of Ringo and it looks freshly waxed again. And I have not noticed any increase in the yellowing in the past two summers. Actually Ringo keeps the bottom clean and shiny longer than wax.

I am about due for my first application of the year. If I can remember, I will snap some before and after pics for y'all.

bcoffield 04-27-2004 12:17 PM

Who sells it?

Steve_H 04-27-2004 09:22 PM

Originally posted by bcoffield
Who sells it?
oso member Viper340

BillR 04-28-2004 12:52 PM

Vyper340 sells Ringo

He is out of town till Fri.

frenzy 04-29-2004 07:00 AM

Nobody's saying On & Off doesn't get the stains out. But, it does harm gelcoat. We've all used it because it's a quick fix. Definitely not for frequent use.

OldSchool 04-29-2004 07:45 AM

Originally posted by frenzy
Nobody's saying On & Off doesn't get the stains out. But, it does harm gelcoat. We've all used it because it's a quick fix. Definitely not for frequent use.
Kim,
Did you ship the Frenzy Wax that I ordered last week yet? I don't want to go boating until I get some wax on it.

Craig Hall
(202) 224-5499

Charmed1 04-29-2004 07:56 AM

Just one more beautiful thing about Lake boating, NO more nasty scum line after a weekend of boating.:D

Land locked is not a bad thing on Lake Norman. Plenty of room to roam and amenities.:)

OldSchool 04-30-2004 09:33 AM

Originally posted by craig223
Kim,
Did you ship the Frenzy Wax that I ordered last week yet? I don't want to go boating until I get some wax on it.

Craig Hall
(202) 224-5499

??????

Outlawcowgirl 04-30-2004 12:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I LOVE the stuff. It works AWESOME!

Outlawcowgirl 04-30-2004 12:16 PM

I have some before and after pics I took of what it did for me...I will see if I can dig them up and post them.

Outlawcowgirl 04-30-2004 12:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Before

Outlawcowgirl 04-30-2004 12:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
After

Outlawcowgirl 04-30-2004 12:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You want more...here you go

On this pic all I did was wipe the Ring-Go on the boat in a wavy line. That's it...wiped in on and watched disappear.

Before

Outlawcowgirl 04-30-2004 12:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
After

This stuff is amazing!

Vyper340 04-30-2004 03:06 PM

Well... it's seems that it's hull cleaning time again. Never fear I have plenty of Ringo to go around to all my OSO bubba's.

For those who need proof that it will not damage and works as advertised, all the words that I can say cannot do justice to those who have used it for years and can tell you that the acid content is so minute that you can apply it without gloves (although open cuts will sting a bit). Unlike the other effective cleaners, this one can be applied to your bilge and used while your baby is on the trailer and it will not damage any of the steel or aluminum components/parts because, in part, it's not liquid like the others and it does not have the acid content.

To put it mildly, it's the consistency of liquid soap and wipes on with a damp rag. Letting it sit and do the work is all you have to do. 5 minutes or so later just spray off and voila. Stains are gone. PERIOD. There is NO easier cleaner to use anywhere and I back that up with a 100% money back guarantee, although I have never had anyone ask for or need a refund.

Email or PM me for details if you are interested in some.

BTW - this is not my job selling this stuff so please don't think that I have something huge to gain. I am simply offering a hard to get product based on the volumes required to buy, to fellow boaters with the exact same problems that I have... keeping a boat hull stain free!

Vyper340 04-30-2004 03:10 PM

BTW - Frenzy is saying NOT to use On/Off for frequent use (i.e. - yearly or more frequent) because it does harm the gel coat. Any strong concentrated acid like that will. Also beware of the damage it can do to the stainless, aluminum, and steel fittings etc.

bcoffield 05-01-2004 09:06 AM

Vyper340

I'd like to get some of this product. Can you PM me the details.

toolman 05-01-2004 10:52 PM

Me too. Viper leave me a PM.

Toolman

Waterfoul 05-02-2004 10:49 AM

Yeah, shoot me some info and pricing too.

[email protected]

bobl 05-02-2004 11:04 AM

Me too!

Bob
[email protected]

Steet 05-02-2004 01:15 PM

Ringo

I bought a coule of bottles from Viper340 a year or so ago and it does work. I had some leaf stains on my deck and ON/OFF would not remove the stains. I tried the Ringo and it took the stains off. I will continue to use Ringo until something better comes along

Vyper340 05-03-2004 07:12 PM

For those that are interested please PM or email me through OSO:

A large 32 oz. bottle of Ringo that will last 3-4 full hull cleanings on a 38' boat along with touch ups for the bilge runs $24.95 plus actual S&H (usually $7-8 via UPS). The absolute best way to handle getting some is to send the funds via www.Paypal.com to my email address using any major credit card. As soon as notification is received I will UPS the shipment and email you with the tracking information and the estimated date of arrival. It generally takes 3-5 days to arrive depending on location. I also offer a money back guarantee in the event that you are unhappy for any reason. To date no one has asked for a refund because it IS the best AND the easiest hull cleaner to use, PERIOD!

Instructions for use; apply generously with a damp rag (not a brush) as if you were applying a thick coat of liquid wax ([b]no[b/] rubbing is required). Wait 5-7 minutes and spray off. It's that simple and gloves are not required (although recommended if you have any cuts on your hands)! It will remove rust stains, scum lines, and any discoloration but will not remove sea life growth. It can also be used on stainless steel but I do not recommend leaving it on for more than one minute before thoroughly rinsing off. It will not harm trailers or aluminum but I do recommend a thorough rinse as with all cleaners to be sure all the cleaner is removed from metal parts.

Thanks,
Dave
Vyper340

ThirdBird 05-03-2004 08:38 PM

"Slimey-Grimey" works just as well and its cheaper (about 9 bucks, enough for a full summer's worth, at least 15 applications), plus it sprays on.

Crystaline stuff, mix with hot water, spray it on. Rinse it off after 30 seconds. Done.